Nigerian Defenders.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian Defenders.

Post by txj »

I believe the young CD to focus on is Man. City's Tosin Adarabioyo....don't know if he's ever been scouted by the NFF and what his interest is...Currently on loan with West Brom.

These are his stats:

West Brom 2018/19: (Championship/League Cup)

MP G A YC RC
19 0 1 2 0
3 0 0 0 0

He's a CD who has been brought up in a proper way and has all the fundamentals...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Sunset wrote:
oloye wrote:The way that Awaziem guy was hyped on this forum was unbelievable. What I struggle to get is how he was unable to displace the trio of Troost, Balo and Omeruo.
Bare in mind he just turned 22 a week ago, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo and Troost have the experience that Awaziem lacks in football despite him being the most talented of the four IMO. He Hasn't been given a consistent run of games to show his quality over a stretch of games and sadly for him, the games he did play in, we had a very unbalanced XI and play.
For heavens sake, can we stop playing this “youth” card? Guendouzi is 19 and playing regularly for Arsenal :idea: :!:

Cheers.
Did you even read my response? I don't know what Arsenal has to do with this discussion...
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Sunset wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Sunset wrote:
oloye wrote:The way that Awaziem guy was hyped on this forum was unbelievable. What I struggle to get is how he was unable to displace the trio of Troost, Balo and Omeruo.
Bare in mind he just turned 22 a week ago, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo and Troost have the experience that Awaziem lacks in football despite him being the most talented of the four IMO. He Hasn't been given a consistent run of games to show his quality over a stretch of games and sadly for him, the games he did play in, we had a very unbalanced XI and play.
For heavens sake, can we stop playing this “youth” card? Guendouzi is 19 and playing regularly for Arsenal :idea: :!:

Cheers.
Did you even read my response? I don't know what Arsenal has to do with this discussion...
It is understandable that you resent having the flaws in your argument pointed out. That’s human nature but instead of getting mad, you can learn from it. Much younger players than Awaziem are making their marks week in and week out around the big leagues of the world. Why then would you expect Awaziem, who is struggling at Porto, to waltz in and displace the likes of Balogun, Omeruo and Troost? Awaziem’s youthfulness is not an excuse for his failure to crack the lineup :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

airwolex wrote:I watched Semi Ajayi against Man City and was impressed. So were the commentators. But dude is like 26 and plays on a relegation struggling team in the championship. Hardly anything to get excited about.

We just are not producing players we did years ago. Nobody even near the level of a Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu or even the much maligned Joseph Yobo who was a beast compared to what we have now.
Ironically all we're found in Nigeria. As long as England is our scouting place we'll get the Sam thing we've always gotten from England. Nothing!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He showed his quality in France last year. He's just not being managed properly. He shouldn't have returned to Porto.
Norwich about to swoop for Ajayi. He could be in the EPL next season.
When I watched him in France he was playing LB and not CB, so not sure where he showed his quality as a CB.
He played in all positions across the back in France including CD.h
I am happy
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Emir Kongi,
You are very correct about this. I raised this severally. We are not producing enough defenders. A good scenario would be to have atleast
*4 playing regularly in the Top 5 (but we have just 2) and
*atleast 4 playing regularly in the Tier 2 Belgium, Turkey, Portugal etc - We have none in this category.

We currently have
1. Awaziem not in the Porto First team
2. Semi Ajayi in a struggling championship team although he is entering what is expected to be his best 5yrs. He could easily end up in the EPL.
3. Stephen Eze in Bulgaria
4. Junior Pius in Portuguese D2
5. Some other guy in D2 in Portugal that played for plateau united
6. Lukman Zakari, U17 2015, whose in Latvia
7. Oboabona in Croatia
8. Efe Ambrose in Scotland

The only young defender is Igho Ogbu who is playing in Norwegian D2 (Loaned from Rosenberg).
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

See also:

Ebuehi, Tyrone (Benfica)
Aina, Ola (Torino)
Balogun, Leon (Brighton)

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This is serious o! Besides Troost-Ekong and Omeruo it appears we have no young CD playing top level football anywhere. Awaziem is about to be shipped to Turkey after Porto signed Pepe again. What happened to our defenders?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
airwolex wrote:I watched Semi Ajayi against Man City and was impressed. So were the commentators. But dude is like 26 and plays on a relegation struggling team in the championship. Hardly anything to get excited about.

We just are not producing players we did years ago. Nobody even near the level of a Taribo West, Uche Okechukwu or even the much maligned Joseph Yobo who was a beast compared to what we have now.
Ironically all we're found in Nigeria. As long as England is our scouting place we'll get the Sam thing we've always gotten from England. Nothing!
England is not our scouting place and Iwobi and Moses are not nothing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chief nfachairman wrote:Emir Kongi,
You are very correct about this. I raised this severally. We are not producing enough defenders. A good scenario would be to have atleast
*4 playing regularly in the Top 5 (but we have just 2) and
*atleast 4 playing regularly in the Tier 2 Belgium, Turkey, Portugal etc - We have none in this category.

We currently have
1. Awaziem not in the Porto First team
2. Semi Ajayi in a struggling championship team although he is entering what is expected to be his best 5yrs. He could easily end up in the EPL.
3. Stephen Eze in Bulgaria
4. Junior Pius in Portuguese D2
5. Some other guy in D2 in Portugal that played for plateau united
6. Lukman Zakari, U17 2015, whose in Latvia
7. Oboabona in Croatia
8. Efe Ambrose in Scotland

The only young defender is Igho Ogbu who is playing in Norwegian D2 (Loaned from Rosenberg).

How is Eze doing in Bulgaria? We look rather thin in this dept, hopefully we’ll discover new talent at the u20 Afcon
OCCUPY NFF!!