SAMUEL KALU SCORES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: SAMUEL KALU SCORES

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:So bully you saw the tight ball control running at speed creating chances and called that Ikedia but the guy below with the loose touches and complete selfishness you call a beast? Those loose touches only work in useless Belgium.

[/video]
I thought Henry is doing this same thing in Turkey. By the way Samuel was in Belgium with Henry we did not see him did what Henry did. They both played in Belgium this same time one of them was awesome and more elite clubs sought after him than the other one. We know between the two who was mostly talked about.
No he's not doing the same thing in Turkey, you need to actually watch the games and not just look at his tap in count. His movement is absolutely horrible and he's not good running with the ball. He plays in a team that is like the Barca of their league so he gets more chances to score, but he doesn't really contribute to the overall run of play. He might be another Iheanacho as finishing is the best asset but doesn't contribute enough to other parts of the game. But unlike Kelechi he has a tiny build so might not be able to play the CF role. I wish them both well and the better they do the better it is for the SE, but we know who is a starter for the SE and who is a standby player. That one is not in dispute...
when both were in Beligium Who was more adulated than the other? Tell me what has been Kalu's contributions to all the teams he has played so far? Basing your evaluation on feckless Rohr selection is absolutely fatuous and asinine. There is no question about it Rohrs selections are definitely impish at best. Between them who has more acclamations in world football and who is the most sought after. I'm sure before long you will regurgitate your castigation. By the way Ihenacho you are comparing him with please show me where Iheanacho has ever made such scintillating and exquisite dribblings and runs like you show in the highlights. Your bias is absolutely whimsical .
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Anyone who thinks Samuel Kalu is similar to Ikedia does not know anything about football
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ogasir wrote:Anyone who thinks Samuel Kalu is similar to Ikedia does not know anything about football

Gbam!

They're not even in the same area code. Ikedia that played with his head down his whole career and hadn't a clue about what was going on around him compared to Kalu who probably gets close to double digit assists every season.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:So bully you saw the tight ball control running at speed creating chances and called that Ikedia but the guy below with the loose touches and complete selfishness you call a beast? Those loose touches only work in useless Belgium.

[/video]
I thought Henry is doing this same thing in Turkey. By the way Samuel was in Belgium with Henry we did not see him did what Henry did. They both played in Belgium this same time one of them was awesome and more elite clubs sought after him than the other one. We know between the two who was mostly talked about.
No he's not doing the same thing in Turkey, you need to actually watch the games and not just look at his tap in count. His movement is absolutely horrible and he's not good running with the ball. He plays in a team that is like the Barca of their league so he gets more chances to score, but he doesn't really contribute to the overall run of play. He might be another Iheanacho as finishing is the best asset but doesn't contribute enough to other parts of the game. But unlike Kelechi he has a tiny build so might not be able to play the CF role. I wish them both well and the better they do the better it is for the SE, but we know who is a starter for the SE and who is a standby player. That one is not in dispute...

Henry's close ball control is actually superb. It's the selfish elements of his game that he's got to curb. That was fine when he was at Eupen when they pretty much relied on him to stay up in the Belgian Jupiler League. In the past two seasons with bigger clubs like Anderlecht and Galatasaray, he's having to refine his game - which is why he's not scoring for fun as he was at Eupen. If he can get his assists up and be more diligent about his defensive responsibilities, he will become a special player.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:

[/video]

Henry's close ball control is actually superb. It's the selfish elements of his game that he's got to curb. That was fine when he was at Eupen when they pretty much relied on him to stay up in the Belgian Jupiler League. In the past two seasons with bigger clubs like Anderlecht and Galatasaray, he's having to refine his game - which is why he's not scoring for fun as he was at Eupen. If he can get his assists up and be more diligent about his defensive responsibilities, he will become a special player.
We have to agree to disagree, I followed him quite closely with excitement when he was in Belgium and IMO his control (or lack there of) when running at speed is what differentiates Kalu from Henry who might be faster without the ball but not as good with it. I remember he played against PSG in the CL and old man Alves locked him down even with all his speed he pushed the ball too far when running with it giving defenders the opportunity to nick it. Just look at the video I posted how loose his control is compared to Kalu.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Both Henry and kalu got limited opportunities at SE 1 took his chances while the other one is still hustling. Personally, I think Henry is a better finisher and will make a good CF like (etoo) while kalu is a better all round player. I just hope that our coach will stop favoring “holding strikers” and play our best finishers as a 9
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Onyekuru is a good player but right now the better choice is Kalu. For NT, you must be able to (1) play as always as part of a team, and (2) help out defensively. In those two areas, Kalu is much better. This is not to state that Onyekuru is a bad player. It is simply to state that I believe that, right now, Kalu is the better player.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Love Onyekuru so much, but watching Kalu today it dawned on me. Kalu’s game, has really improved. Sorry to say this but his game his game today, was sort of unNigerian. Very team oriented, and measured.
Did the right things, at the right time. Defended when he had to. In few words, dude played a “Captains game”. Hope they both keep improving, in my book. The more, the merrier.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kalu got his teams assist today.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

okidoki wrote:Love Onyekuru so much, but watching Kalu today it dawned on me. Kalu’s game, has really improved. Sorry to say this but his game his game today, was sort of unNigerian. Very team oriented, and measured.
Did the right things, at the right time. Defended when he had to. In few words, dude played a “Captains game”. Hope they both keep improving, in my book. The more, the merrier.
Un-Nigerian? What kind of ignorance is that?
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ogasir wrote:Anyone who thinks Samuel Kalu is similar to Ikedia does not know anything about football
Yep. Ikedia was much better!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:Kalu got his teams assist today.
Kai bobos ball control is something else, missed a chance after dribbling like 4 players in the box:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I don't care what anyone says, but he is a very similar player to Eden Hazard...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I don't care what anyone says, but he is a very similar player to Eden Hazard...
Thats what I was expecting bully to say, not no Ikedia...btw, you suppose give me props for posting better video naw...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Kalu on the left, and chukweze on the right, the SE will be unstoppable. It's like playing with two Emmanuel Amunekes :thumbs:

The SE takeover season is now
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

9jaMan wrote:Kalu on the left, and chukweze on the right, the SE will be unstoppable. It's like playing with two Emmanuel Amunekes :thumbs:

The SE takeover season is now
Ode! Better to have a Finidi and 1 Amuneke.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chief nfachairman wrote:Samuel Kalu played behind the striker/ Attacking midfield for Bordeaux in the cup game before this one. He's got the skillset and intelligence to play this role. He's technique and passes are deadly.

I hope he battles Iwobi for this position in the SE while Chukwueze, Henry, Musa can battle for the wings/ support striker.

We still have S.Moses in Levante who could probably strt playing regular footie and V.Moses who would get back to regular football in the EPL soon and would likely call of his retirement. These two can also join in the battle for wings.

Now, who would be our striker that can compliment these beasts?

The short term striker is Ighalo with Osihmen favorite for the long term. Might even consider a false 9 with nacho but his work rate is so low he can’t false anything.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

1naija wrote:
Yep. Ikedia was much better!
You are a known dummy in this forum, so your opinion is irrelevant
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Samuel Kalu played behind the striker/ Attacking midfield for Bordeaux in the cup game before this one. He's got the skillset and intelligence to play this role. He's technique and passes are deadly.

I hope he battles Iwobi for this position in the SE while Chukwueze, Henry, Musa can battle for the wings/ support striker.

We still have S.Moses in Levante who could probably strt playing regular footie and V.Moses who would get back to regular football in the EPL soon and would likely call of his retirement. These two can also join in the battle for wings.

Now, who would be our striker that can compliment these beasts?

The short term striker is Ighalo with Osihmen favorite for the long term. Might even consider a false 9 with nacho but his work rate is so low he can’t false anything.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nacho will come good.
He must come good!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "