Biesla "spy gate" what's the outrage about?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Biesla "spy gate" what's the outrage about?

Post by AreaDaddy »

There has been a outpouring of moral outrage from some sections of the English media after a Leeds "spy" was accosted at Derby's training ground in the run up to the match between the two teams.

It left me somewhat suprised as I had long thought that sending spies about was something that happened, may be not all the time, but it certainly went on so I am struggling to understand what the kerfuffle is about.

I remember this for instance

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/w ... 21322.html

Even sef the guy accosted was on a public road in a location where many ordinary fans have stood to watch training . It is not like he was dangling from the roof Mission Impossible style like Tom Cruise.
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: Biesla "spy gate" was the outrage about?

Post by ukwala »

Even in the article you posted, it was seen by some as disrespectful so I suppose spying has always been controversial.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

These english blokes are sore losers.... Abeg get on with the game
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

ukwala wrote:Even in the article you posted, it was seen by some as disrespectful so I suppose spying has always been controversial.

That they were preparing for a Swedish spying operation suggests they expected it as part and parcel of the game.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Re: Biesla "spy gate" what's the outrage about?

Post by Ipe Grams »

AreaDaddy wrote:There has been a outpouring of moral outrage from some sections of the English media after a Leeds "spy" was accosted at Derby's training ground in the run up to the match between the two teams.

It left me somewhat suprised as I had long thought that sending spies about was something that happened, may be not all the time, but it certainly went on so I am struggling to understand what the kerfuffle is about.

I remember this for instance

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/w ... 21322.html

Even sef the guy accosted was on a public road in a location where many ordinary fans have stood to watch training . It is not like he was dangling from the roof Mission Impossible style like Tom Cruise.

Lampard the media golden boy is the reason for the outrage. If it were the other way round, I think the narrative will be different.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: These English folks are something else. Dem no get respect at all.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

AreaDaddy wrote:
ukwala wrote:Even in the article you posted, it was seen by some as disrespectful so I suppose spying has always been controversial.

That they were preparing for a Swedish spying operation suggests they expected it as part and parcel of the game.
Only after the swedes had pulled the stunt earlier.
Mr Shin’s strategy appears to have been in response to a Swedish spy operation at South Korea’s pre-World Cup training camp in Austria earlier this month, when a member of Sweden’s coaching staff attempted to observe their team sessions.

Lars Jacobsson reportedly persuaded a local couple to let him use their house near the training base to conduct surveillance with a high performance telescope and video camera.

“It took a long car journey up the mountains to reach the house, but it was a perfect spot to observe the Korean team’s training,” he said, according to Reuters.

He had earlier been ejected from a closed training drill after failing to convince the Koreans that he was a passing tourist.

Coach Janne Andersson apologised on Sunday, saying: “It is very important we show respect for an opponent and if what we did has been perceived in another way, then we apologise,” he said.
He admitted that jersey-swapping in the warm-up games was brought into play after the team heard reports of the “Swedish spy.”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I do not think this is a big deal, at least IMO. We complain here that our coaches do not send people to go watch opponents or acquire videos to watch opponents. Now someone does it and we should judge that wrong? Let Frank Lampard go eat VULTURE. :curse: :curse:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu II wrote:I do not think this is a big deal, at least IMO. We complain here that our coaches do not send people to go watch opponents or acquire videos to watch opponents. Now someone does it and we should judge that wrong? Let Frank Lampard go eat VULTURE. :curse: :curse:
:lol: :lol: Incidentally, Bielsa was coach when Argentina beat us in the 2002 WC and Baba Oni as coach said he didn't bother to watch opponents b/4 we played them.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I do not think this is a big deal, at least IMO. We complain here that our coaches do not send people to go watch opponents or acquire videos to watch opponents. Now someone does it and we should judge that wrong? Let Frank Lampard go eat VULTURE. :curse: :curse:
:lol: :lol: Incidentally, Bielsa was coach when Argentina beat us in the 2002 WC and Baba Oni as coach said he didn't bother to watch opponents b/4 we played them.
:rotf: :rotf: So Baba Oni and Frank Lampard dey in de same boat, ehenu!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Since when was spying on your opponents an offence? Is checking out the opposing team not legitimate homework?

Abeg, make we hear word jare. Bielsa is a very thorough man!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Na wa.... so its okay to go watch your opponent play a gamr than to watch them in training.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

It's not illegal. It's not like he trespassed on private land.

I think they'd draw a difference between scouting an opponent and checking them out in their preparations for a specific match where a team is preparing its tactics.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Oba wrote:
It's not illegal. It's not like he trespassed on private land.

I think they'd draw a difference between scouting an opponent and checking them out in their preparations for a specific match where a team is preparing its tactics.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Since when was spying on your opponents an offence? Is checking out the opposing team not legitimate homework?

Abeg, make we hear word jare. Bielsa is a very thorough man!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Classic Ayo. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: So Baba Oni and Frank Lampard dey in de same boat, ehenu!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

SylverEagles wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: These English folks are something else. Dem no get respect at all.
Rotflmao!! :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

:laugh:

Serves him right :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That Valencia gig will always dog his every comment. Hahahaha!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bielsa opens a ton of PowerPoint on their azzes.
[/video]
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Look at all these haters talking rubbish because it's cool to hate on the English. It has never been acceptable to spy on the opposition, especially at their training ground.
Go watch them play a match or get a video.
I'm sure if the English had done it to Spain or Germany, na different thing Una go talk
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!