EASY WAY FOR CLUBS TO MAKE MONEY YET TO BE EXPLOITED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
EASY WAY FOR CLUBS TO MAKE MONEY YET TO BE EXPLOITED

Post by Bell »

Take a look at the playing surface. You have the "18" and the six-yard box. You also have the center circle and the "D" in front of the "18". Don't forget the corner-kick arc. Some of these could be turned into a gold mine if commercial companies were allowed to color the area with their name or logo - Samsung, GM, Yokohama, etc. With cameras covering these areas much of the time, clubs could demand some sizable dough from the companies. It's even possible to place a camera high and directly above these areas to be flashed occasionally.
Bell
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EASY WAY FOR CLUBS TO MAKE MONEY YET TO BE EXPLOITED

Post by jette1 »

how does that trump current side line electronic board
; the Mexican league where players are basically sign boards hasn't done any better
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:Take a look at the playing surface. You have the "18" and the six-yard box. You also have the center circle and the "D" in front of the "18". Don't forget the corner-kick arc. Some of these could be turned into a gold mine if commercial companies were allowed to color the area with their name or logo - Samsung, GM, Yokohama, etc. With cameras covering these areas much of the time, clubs could demand some sizable dough from the companies. It's even possible to place a camera high and directly above these areas to be flashed occasionally.
Bell
FIFA allows for virtual ads in certain areas of the filed when the ball is not in that area. I would imagine that they would hesitate to allow actual ads on real grass as that may impede with refs and linesmans work and also who know what the effect of applying and removing the pain would have on the grass.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

bell stick to Airlines
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

jette1 wrote:how does that trump current side line electronic board
; the Mexican league where players are basically sign boards hasn't done any better
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ONE OR THE OTHER; IT CAN BE BOTH

You can have both. If it's one or the other, I'd say having the ads on the field does not endanger the players like the sideline electronic boards do. As for the Mexican clubs, imagine how much worse off they'd be without all the alleged "signboards" they carry.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:Take a look at the playing surface. You have the "18" and the six-yard box. You also have the center circle and the "D" in front of the "18". Don't forget the corner-kick arc. Some of these could be turned into a gold mine if commercial companies were allowed to color the area with their name or logo - Samsung, GM, Yokohama, etc. With cameras covering these areas much of the time, clubs could demand some sizable dough from the companies. It's even possible to place a camera high and directly above these areas to be flashed occasionally.
Bell
FIFA allows for virtual ads in certain areas of the filed when the ball is not in that area. I would imagine that they would hesitate to allow actual ads on real grass as that may impede with refs and linesmans work and also who know what the effect of applying and removing the pain would have on the grass.

PLEASE, SIR...

...kindly explain how applying dye on the field "may impede with refs and linesmans work", after all it's no different from the current line markings that are applied on the grass today. And if the effect of applying and removing paint on the grass becomes a real question, all they have to do is pick up a phone and talk to counterparts in America where this has been done for long on both grass and artificial turf, high school, college and pro.
Bell
Last edited by Bell on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ANC wrote:bell stick to Airlines
FORTUNATELY, I'M NOT A ONE-TRICK PONY

You've been warned - more ideas coming. On other subjects.
Bell
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bell wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Bell

PLEASE, SIR...

...kindly explain how applying dye on the field "may impede with refs and linesmans work", after all it's no different from the current line markings that are applied on the grass today. And if the effect of applying and removing paint on the grass becomes a real question, all they have to do is pick up a phone and talk to counterparts in America where this has been done for long on both grass and artificial turf, high school, college and pro.
Bell
I think the English FA even banned exotic pitch patterns. Also, there is the issue of sightlines for the referees and linesmen. What happens if the ad blends with one of the teams uniforms?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bell wrote:

You can have both. If it's one or the other, I'd say having the ads on the field does not endanger the players like the sideline electronic boards do. As for the Mexican clubs, imagine how much worse off they'd be without all the alleged "signboards" they carry.
Bell
do have data to back this up
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cellular wrote:
Bell wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Bell

PLEASE, SIR...

Bell
I think the English FA even banned exotic pitch patterns. Also, there is the issue of sightlines for the referees and linesmen. What happens if the ad blends with one of the teams uniforms?
Correct, also TV is the biggest revenue source for football, I suspect broadcaster will not appreciate on pitch advertisers during the game.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

jette1 wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
do have data to back this up
NOPE, BUT...

...it's only a logical conclusion from your assertion that Mexican clubs are not doing well despite being sign boards.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bell wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Bell

PLEASE, SIR...

Bell
Correct, also TV is the biggest revenue source for football, I suspect broadcaster will not appreciate on pitch advertisers during the game.
DON'T FORGET THAT...

...what's good for the club is also good for football which, ultimately, is good for the broadcasters. I hope they are not myopic enough to miss this. But tell me, if they tolerate sideline sideboards, why would they object to logo's on the playing surface? How does it interfere with their broadcasting?

I think it's all a matter of adapting to new things. In the US, there was an objection to pro teams displaying products on their jerseys, except for soccer and women's basketball. But now, pro basketball has broken the taboo with a little commercial logo on the left of their singlet. I suspect is only a matter of time before the other leagues pick it up and make it real big. Heck, I don't see auto racing fans objecting to their idols who look like human billboards.
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bell wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Bell wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Bell

PLEASE, SIR...

Bell
DON'T FORGET THAT...

...what's good for the club is also good for football which, ultimately, is good for the broadcasters. I hope they are not myopic enough to miss this. But tell me, if they tolerate sideline sideboards, why would they object to logo's on the playing surface? How does it interfere with their broadcasting?

I think it's all a matter of adapting to new things. In the US, there was an objection to pro teams displaying products on their jerseys, except for soccer and women's basketball. But now, pro basketball has broken the taboo with a little commercial logo on the left of their singlet. I suspect is only a matter of time before the other leagues pick it up and make it real big. Heck, I don't see auto racing fans objecting to their idols who look like human billboards.
Bell
Big difference from having non playing areas covered in sponsors to the actual field, also unless they can paint over the sponsor for champions league games like they do on the adboards then it's DOA,