Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... pogba-form

the usual crap from graeme Souness, just admit he is a world class player, end of!
i couldn't even finish watching that drivel...you give him too much press

Souness has no clue

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... pogba-form

the usual crap from graeme Souness, just admit he is a world class player, end of!
i couldn't even finish watching that drivel...you give him too much press

Souness has no clue
he is a biased pundit! Pogba won the world cup, he has proven at the highest level possibly plus a few scudettos! Souness is just an angry jealous individual
Pogba assist must be right up there, just hope he stays fit as united are a diferent team when he is on form
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote: And in Pep's teams, everyone has to work extremely hard without the ball to win it back, even the striker is expected to defend from the front everyone carries their weight, so it's not all about attack and keeping the ball away, they win it back as soon as they lose it, that's their first line of defending
one aspect of Barcelona's game that does not get as much attention

when they lose the ball, they will hound the opposition for the ball back. And that is the attackers and midfielders

i hope OGS gets our strikers thinking that way. i know Alexis is that sorta player, he will hound you for the ball

Lukaku, not so much. The bigmanism he displayed yesterday was annoying..... f/uck

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote: And in Pep's teams, everyone has to work extremely hard without the ball to win it back, even the striker is expected to defend from the front everyone carries their weight, so it's not all about attack and keeping the ball away, they win it back as soon as they lose it, that's their first line of defending
one aspect of Barcelona's game that does not get as much attention

when they lose the ball, they will hound the opposition for the ball back. And that is the attackers and midfielders

i hope OGS gets our strikers thinking that way. i know Alexis is that sorta player, he will hound you for the ball

Lukaku, not so much. The bigmanism he displayed yesterday was annoying..... f/uck
i was almost screaming at my TV for Lukaku and dalot to move in the middle and help out the midfield, Spurs were getting no joy from the flanks so they went right through the centre, that is where Lukaku should have dropped deep to defend

that is why rashford is the number 1 striker, he hounds defenders, Lingard does this as well, martial, to a certain extent
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i was so excited when Dalot came on.

and then i forgot about him until now.... smh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I rate the Lloris save simply because Pogba was so close to him and he had very little time to react before tipping it over the bar.

Other under-stated aspects of Dave's saves:

1) He always parried the ball away from goal (how often do you see EPL GKs deflect the ball straight into path of unrushing striker who scores the rebound).

2) Notice that Spurs had chances to score in the 2H from exactly the same position that Rashford scored in the 1H. The difference? ...DDG saved the Spurs shots because: (a) his positioning was better, and (b) he used his feet to kick the ball away rather than trying to dive.
tfco wrote: i don't rate that save, sorry
it was a very mini-deflection and he was diving in that direction anyway

Martial should definitely have scored in the 1H...even a brace.
He was sub standard, too bad
i will blame the Dubai trip

Shaw and Ander. thank you
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:I rate the Lloris save simply because Pogba was so close to him and he had very little time to react before tipping it over the bar.

1) He always parried the ball away from goal (how often do you see EPL GKs deflect the ball straight into path of unrushing striker who scores the rebound).
:?

this is taught at primary level to GK's

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yet so many pro GKs fail to do it!

Some context on Miracle Dave's performance by England GK Ben Foster (AKA a guy who plays in goal for a living):
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:I rate the Lloris save simply because Pogba was so close to him and he had very little time to react before tipping it over the bar.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

2) Notice that Spurs had chances to score in the 2H from exactly the same position that Rashford scored in the 1H. The difference? ...DDG saved the Spurs shots because: (a) his positioning was better, and (b) he used his feet to kick the ball away rather than trying to dive.
tfco wrote: i don't rate that save, sorry
it was a very mini-deflection and he was diving in that direction anyway

Martial should definitely have scored in the 1H...even a brace.
He was sub standard, too bad
i will blame the Dubai trip

Shaw and Ander. thank you
Spotted and absolutely correct! De Gea does not give strikers the chance to pounce from a rebound, that man is an absolute beast

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

it's from twirrer so i saw it yesterday

BF is talking about positioning

wiseone wrote:Yet so many pro GKs fail to do it!

Some context on Miracle Dave's performance by England GK Ben Foster (AKA a guy who plays in goal for a living):
tfco wrote:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As was I in my point 2(a) above....
tfco wrote:it's from twirrer so i saw it yesterday

BF is talking about positioning
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao, incensed!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[/quote]

Lads, you can give all those shots on goal to Spurs on their bad day, but that better be it, you don't want to be doing that every other time you meet a big team, the Mbappes of this world will make it 3-0 by half time if De Gea is not having a good day.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
oloye wrote:
joplass wrote:Good game, real good game from United. Our defense stepped up and shooting angles were extremely narrow which made it easy for DD to see where shots were coming from. We worked like a unit. :clap:
Thank you for saying it better.
:thumb:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shooting angles were narrow = the defence did not cover Spurs' attackers properly

Alderweireld had a shot
Allí had a header
Alli had a shot
Eriksen had a long range shot
Llorente had a shot
Kane had a shot

but yeah, our defence stepped up!!! :? :?
we can give you Arsenal defenders, if you want. You will see whether DDG will not concede a basket :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
How about 20 difficult shots resulting in no goal VS 2 good shots and 1 goal at least. Please focus, focus. There were times we had 3 players dead center blocking shots in the middle but leaving sides opened daring Spurs to come up with accurate shots.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Spurs should have never left their full backs isolated, they were too busy pressing high up, once Pogba got that through ball to rashford, with his new added confidence, that was always ending up at the back of the net, tactics, spot on, against teams that like to press, thats the perfect plan for them, cant wait till we play City again, they like to pass the ball from the back, just put their centre backs under pressure, they will surely buckle

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Spurs should have never left their full backs isolated, they were too busy pressing high up, once Pogba got that through ball to rashford, with his new added confidence, that was always ending up at the back of the net, tactics, spot on, against teams that like to press, thats the perfect plan for them, cant wait till we play City again, they like to pass the ball from the back, just put their centre backs under pressure, they will surely buckle
Spurs always do that

City is beatable, we already did it at the Etihad with Smalling scoring the winner

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Spurs should have never left their full backs isolated, they were too busy pressing high up, once Pogba got that through ball to rashford, with his new added confidence, that was always ending up at the back of the net, tactics, spot on, against teams that like to press, thats the perfect plan for them, cant wait till we play City again, they like to pass the ball from the back, just put their centre backs under pressure, they will surely buckle
Spurs always do that

City is beatable, we already did it at the Etihad with Smalling scoring the winner
What did your full backs do when we beat you 3-0? Abegi, you win one and man no fit hear word. It must have pained you when we shagged you guys 3-0. You were missing for a few days. The exact opposite of your current.... :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
Spurs always do that

What did your full backs do when we beat you 3-0? Abegi, you win one and man no fit hear word. It must have pained you when we shagged you guys 3-0. You were missing for a few days. The exact opposite of your current.... :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

welcome back

commentator kept referring to your TITLE RACE.

which title race? thanks

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
Spurs always do that

welcome back

which title race? thanks
They have been running away from the title. A race can be in any direction. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
Spurs always do that

welcome back

which title race? thanks
The same commentators that think playing at Wembly mean we won't make the top 4. The same commentators that says not buying a single player mean we might not even make the top 6 and the same commentators that have spread crowned Man City champions before the season even kicked off?

If you have problem with the fickle commentators who are pushing Poch to Manure and which players should leave which club, shouldn't you take it up with them? I'll be around when they turn on manure and we shall see weather you'll quote the same commentators :D
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote: The same commentators that think playing at Wembly mean we won't make the top 4. The same commentators that says not buying a single player mean we might not even make the top 6 and the same commentators that have spread crowned Man City champions before the season even kicked off?

If you have problem with the fickle commentators who are pushing Poch to Manure and which players should leave which club, shouldn't you take it up with them? I'll be around when they turn on manure and we shall see weather you'll quote the same commentators :D
Top 4
Top 6

no mention of 'title'....thanks for clarifying

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote: The same commentators that think playing at Wembly mean we won't make the top 4. The same commentators that says not buying a single player mean we might not even make the top 6 and the same commentators that have spread crowned Man City champions before the season even kicked off?

Top 4
Top 6

no mention of 'title'....thanks for clarifying
90 something mil Pogba, 70 something mil Uselesslaku, 50 something mil Fred, to name but a few, shouldn't you be mentioning trophy instead of using Spurs to stay relevant? Look up, yep see the cockerel yansh dumping on your team.
I see you're a bit cocky in your prediction of Man U ovehauling Spurs because Kane is injured, Son is away and all the DM's are in sick bay? You sure are a smart cookie :D