Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham vs Man united preview

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:Man U have their new coach. No need taking it from Ole-Gunnar.
Thats not how you make a decision. This was how your club gave the job to Di Matteo and the rest in history.
An historic Champions League victory.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Post by balo »

Pogba well aware of Spurs weakness. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Screw Gary Nevile, 2 faced $#% face! The same guy that told Pogba to leave united, its the same virus that gave the world class pass!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Thats not how you make a decision. This was how your club gave the job to Di Matteo and the rest in history.
...and fired after the euphoria wore off

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko, oloye

...this is the same Herrera you want to sell.
ok o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:marko, oloye

ok o

My problem with Herera is consistency, briiant one minute when he realises he is just a pirated copy of Gattuso, and terrible the next when he starts believing he is Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo in one body.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote: My problem with Herera is consistency, briiant one minute when he realises he is just a pirated copy of Gattuso, and terrible the next when he starts believing he is Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo in one body.
cut him some slack

when have you known Herrera to spray passes?

He stops the other team's attacks...he is a true pest.
and he is damn good at that

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
That says it all.. This is why I kept saying. Moyes was a fool.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
"A" historic CL victory after he was hired on a permanent basis? When did that happen? :shock: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Herrera has been quite good in the last few games, once upon a time, he was our player of the season, he was an attacking midfielder back in the days, its quite nice to get 2 clean sheets, what confidence can do for you! It certainly was a tough game, spurs are flying high! I want to see us play Liverpool and city as well, its nice to play the traditional united way now that the virus has left
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote: My problem with Herera is consistency, briiant one minute when he realises he is just a pirated copy of Gattuso, and terrible the next when he starts believing he is Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo in one body.
cut him some slack

Is that not what I said, my problem with him is when he tries to overreach himself. I credit players when deserved.. DDG overshadowed them all today, but Herera was massive today, even Matic.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ok o

Ander is irreplaceable. Disappointing previous managers haven't given him the role that he deserves. And I love him the more because Cristao feels pain every time Herrera plays Spurs. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

ok o

My problem with Herera is consistency, briiant one minute when he realises he is just a pirated copy of Gattuso, and terrible the next when he starts believing he is Iniesta, Xavi and Pirlo in one body.
How can he be consistent if the coach does not trust him and does not play him consistently? He has played in the last 6-7 PL games and you can see how consistent he has been.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
cut him some slack

Is that not what I said, my problem with him is when he tries to overreach himself. I credit players when deserved.. DDG overshadowed them all today, but Herera was massive today, even Matic.
Herrera is actually all of that. If you remember him from Bilbao, especially under Bielsa, he was unbelievable. It was that game where they gave United a dressing down that United had no choice but to get him.

The problem is that he has played in systems that has not benefited him and more importantly, the coaches have not trusted him.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
...and fired after the euphoria wore off
Not the first coach to be fired after winning a trophy, especially at Chelsea.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I blame Mourimho for destroying the confidence of these players! These guys are decent players, we have a talented squad, give them self belief and they will perform, its that simple, i dont care if we finish top 4 or not, what i wanted to see was a change in our fortunes, play good football, entertain the fans
Everything else is a bonus, if we keep up the momentum, sorry, some team will suffer soon!

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
"A" historic CL victory after he was hired on a permanent basis? When did that happen? :shock: :rotf: :rotf:
"An" historic CL victory acquired by Di Matteo. It was only a few years ago, don't tell me the booze has addled your brain. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Where is Fellaini by the way... Is he injured?

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford! If only he scores more consistent will take over Harry Kane because his game is more rounded, he has it, skill, pace, eye for goal but that goal was well taken, that Pogba Rashford combo is flourishing

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:Where is Fellaini by the way... Is he injured?
No been banished, not needed anymore! His style of play does not suit attacking football, Mourinho football, of course!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:?

A historic

An historic

both.are.correct

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
"An" historic CL victory acquired by Di Matteo. It was only a few years ago, don't tell me the booze has addled your brain. :D
We seem to be talking about two different things. Or more likely, you have misunderstood my initial statement.

Chelsea hired Di Matteo based on the CL. Abramovic had another plan but allowed the pressure from the fans and media to change his mind. Di Matteo was later fired because he couldnt perform.

I am stating that United should not allow the pressure of the fans or the media to change whatever succession plan they have put in place. They should stick to their plan, because I have learned in business that you dont change your mind based on immediate gratification. You draw up a long term plan that you trust will be beneficial to you and your organization for the long term and you stick to it.

I hope you understand me now. Have a great day ahead!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Rashford! If only he scores more consistent will take over Harry Kane because his game is more rounded, he has it, skill, pace, eye for goal but that goal was well taken, that Pogba Rashford combo is flourishing
Rashford still has a long way to go before he can touch Kane... Harry Kane is a deadly deadly finisher, I hate seeing him with the ball anywhere around the box, he strikes from anywhere. His overall game has also improved remarkably.