Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Where is Fellaini by the way... Is he injured?
About to be sold.

The best decision Ole has made.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::?

A historic

An historic

both.are.correct
:lol: :lol: :lol: I know. I was teasing the man.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If only we put away our opportunities as well, Spurs could have bene chasing shadows as well! Today was all about getting the right tactics, formation but when we ran at spurs defence, they became edgy and made untypical errors, we should just get our front 3 to press the keeper and backline a bit more

Lindelof has become a beast at the back, if only Bailly can keep his calm, that is a great partnership in the making
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I’m liking the new and improved danfo driver - new year edition. By the way, you’re 100% on point with respect to your analogy and analysis of the di Mateo situation compared with Solskjaer.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham vs Man united preview

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:Man U have their new coach. No need taking it from Ole-Gunnar.
Thats not how you make a decision. This was how your club gave the job to Di Matteo and the rest in history.
An historic Champions League victory.
"A" historic CL victory after he was hired on a permanent basis? When did that happen? :shock: :rotf: :rotf:
"An" historic CL victory acquired by Di Matteo. It was only a few years ago, don't tell me the booze has addled your brain. :D
We seem to be talking about two different things. Or more likely, you have misunderstood my initial statement.

Chelsea hired Di Matteo based on the CL. Abramovic had another plan but allowed the pressure from the fans and media to change his mind. Di Matteo was later fired because he couldnt perform.

I am stating that United should not allow the pressure of the fans or the media to change whatever succession plan they have put in place. They should stick to their plan, because I have learned in business that you dont change your mind based on immediate gratification. You draw up a long term plan that you trust will be beneficial to you and your organization for the long term and you stick to it.

I hope you understand me now. Have a great day ahead!
I don't like this new you o! Insult me na! :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

No sentiments allowed, it is apparent Poch is more than a decent coach, dont think today result will have any bearings on the board decision

United know we have to treat every game like a cup game as we need to try and claw back some points lost during Mourinho hopeless era!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Thats not how you make a decision. This was how your club gave the job to Di Matteo and the rest in history.
"A" historic CL victory after he was hired on a permanent basis? When did that happen? :shock: :rotf: :rotf:
"An" historic CL victory acquired by Di Matteo. It was only a few years ago, don't tell me the booze has addled your brain. :D
We seem to be talking about two different things. Or more likely, you have misunderstood my initial statement.

Chelsea hired Di Matteo based on the CL. Abramovic had another plan but allowed the pressure from the fans and media to change his mind. Di Matteo was later fired because he couldnt perform.

I am stating that United should not allow the pressure of the fans or the media to change whatever succession plan they have put in place. They should stick to their plan, because I have learned in business that you dont change your mind based on immediate gratification. You draw up a long term plan that you trust will be beneficial to you and your organization for the long term and you stick to it.

2019 edition :agree: :thumb:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:No sentiments allowed, it is apparent Poch is more than a decent coach, dont think today result will have any bearings on the board decision

United know we have to treat every game like a cup game as we need to try and claw back some points lost during Mourinho hopeless era!
season

no wonder you're so hard on Valencia....you treat ex-United products that way??? gosh!!

what are your thoughts on SAF giving us Moyes, then???????

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:No sentiments allowed, it is apparent Poch is more than a decent coach, dont think today result will have any bearings on the board decision

season

no wonder you're so hard on Valencia....you treat ex-United products that way??? gosh!!

That was a scottish affair! Sir Alex had 1 whiskey too many! If they looked at Moyes stats against the big teams, they will never give him the job, getting scared about Poch, no doubt he is a good coach, we need to employ proven winners, the likes of Zidane should get a look in

If OGS can secure top 4, why not? Just employ a good director of football and invest in some decent players

Its a shame, united just have to keep on winning but its good to see confidence back

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford is our number 1 striker and today just proves it

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

season

That was a scottish affair! Sir Alex had 1 whiskey too many! If they looked at Moyes stats against the big teams, they will never give him the job, getting scared about Poch, no doubt he is a good coach, we need to employ proven winners, the likes of Zidane should get a look in

If OGS can secure top 4, why not? Just employ a good director of football and invest in some decent players

Its a shame, united just have to keep on winning but its good to see confidence back
you change your mind more than i change underwear

last time it was Poch and Klopp <-- serial losers

now you're taking about Zizou

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

season

you change your mind more than i change underwear

last time it was Poch and Klopp <-- serial losers

now you're taking about Zizou
If we get Poch, fair play, but the likes of Zidane should be giving a look in as well, not my decision

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: danfo insult nah
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Graeme Souness wanted Pogba sent off!

Post by marko »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... l#comments

That sad old cow is taking his hatred of Pogba on a different level now, the same challenge Shevley dished out to Pogba? Souness quiet? Of course he was looking at something negative so he could say Pogba is so indisciplined, he let his team down! All the good work by OGS and Pogba throws it away, sell him whiles you can, he is not a class midfielder, the same Alli committed a foul and a yellow card as well, Souness was quiet as well

This obsession is a bit dangerous, next thing they will catch him saying the N word off camera!

If the pundit was sincere, why does he not give Pogba credit for stepping up his game in the last few games? Why is Gary Neville quiet as well?

Pogba please keep on serving those stupid lunatics humble pie and drive them insane, they will soon be exposed for what we know deep down they are!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I don't like that De Gea still has to make so many spectacular saves and i don't like seeing him being man of the match anymore, that Man U defence needs a lot of work be it tactics or whatever I have no clue, bit it looks like it needs work
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:I don't like that De Gea still has to make so many spectacular saves and i don't like seeing him being man of the match anymore, that Man U defence needs a lot of work be it tactics or whatever I have no clue, bit it looks like it needs work
Maybe you should have parked the bus. Your team was careless with the ball losing possession against an attacking team like Spurs, your defence will surely come under pressure. There was a case in time when Pogba and hia group decided to play around, lost the ball and the team nearly conceded. There is no defence that can stop stupid and childish loss of possession. Your keeper making saves is part of having a good defence, Van De Sar, Schmeichel all have had to stand tall to make United champions. Check the history of your club when they did not have good keepers.

Go and recruit all the defenders and play like you did today losing the ball carelessly and see if the keeper won't be called upon to make saves.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:I don't like that De Gea still has to make so many spectacular saves and i don't like seeing him being man of the match anymore, that Man U defence needs a lot of work be it tactics or whatever I have no clue, bit it looks like it needs work
Maybe you should have parked the bus. Your team was careless with the ball losing possession against an attacking team like Spurs, your defence will surely come under pressure. There was a case in time when Pogba and hia group decided to play around, lost the ball and the team nearly conceded. There is no defence that can stop stupid and childish loss of possession. Your keeper making saves is part of having a good defence, Van De Sar, Schmeichel all have had to stand tall to make United champions. Check the history of your club when they did not have good keepers.

Go and recruit all the defenders and play like you did today losing the ball carelessly and see if the keeper won't be called upon to make saves.
That word "park the bus" is taboo at Old Trafford, the fans will kill you :biggrin:

But to be honest everyone has to play their part in helping the team defend when the team doesn't have the ball, Pep and Klopp expect that from their whole team and the players do it without batting an eyelid, Mourinho's version was the most extreme unfortunately lol.

Anyway i think Ole did say something about the defending in one of the past games so maybe we will see.what happens
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Congrats Manu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

wait small na. Danfo usually is peaceful whenever he returns from hiatus. In fact, if you yab him, he will not respond, but report you to a mod. Then a few days later, he exhausts his quota of politeness :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:

oloye, you are wrong

the midfielders (read Pogba) were losing the ball. Before the ball gets to DDG, there are 4 defenders.
DDG winning MOTM is not a good sign for the back 4.

14 saves v Arsenal last season. Pogba got a red card, so that's understandable
11 saves today v a team that played on Tuesday. Not good. Not good at all

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

oloye, you are wrong

the midfielders (read Pogba) were losing the ball. Before the ball gets to DDG, there are 4 defenders.

The problem here is not about having 4 defenders, it is about where they are positioned with regards to the offence that is launched against them. When Spurs lost the ball that resulted in the goal, they were comfortable until Rashford scored. Like they say the best form of defence is attack, the reason why Man City look formidable is not because they have better defenders but because they don't give the opponents the ball to attack them, ditto Barca and all the great teams that know how to keep possession. Like I have stated you are a United fan, why did you guys rate Schmeichel, VVD so highly?

Please don't bring last year into this, any team coached by Jose always have the keepers or defenders as the MOM
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

oloye, you are wrong

The problem here is not about having 4 defenders, it is about where they are positioned with regards to the offence that is launched against them. When Spurs lost the ball that resulted in the goal, they were comfortable until Rashford scored. Like they say the best form of defence is attack, the reason why Man City look formidable is not because they have better defenders but because they don't give the opponents the ball to attack them, ditto Barca and all the great teams that know how to keep possession. Like I have stated you are a United fan, why did you guys rate Schmeichel, VVD so highly?

Please don't bring last year into this, any team coached by Jose always have the keepers or defenders as the MOM
But with Van Gaal also, De Gea was always man of the match.
The amount of chances Spurs was getting is a cause for concern and tfco is right to point out he Arsenal fake with 14 De Gea saves.
I rather De Gea has quieter games in the big matches.

And in Pep's teams, everyone has to work extremely hard without the ball to win it back, even the striker is expected to defend from the front everyone carries their weight, so it's not all about attack and keeping the ball away, they win it back as soon as they lose it, that's their first line of defending