Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Tottenham 0 - man united 1 Rashford

Post by marko »

Tottenham seems to be a well drilled side, flying high in the premiership league table, have not lost to united at home the last 3 games including 2 at wembley, 10 points difference

The united they will meet today is definitely different from the one they met previously at Old trafford, from the back of 5 wins, new management and also free scoring, this contest will be evenly fought. Ut united will surely start as the underdogs

For united to get anything out of this game, they have to be compact and if possible get the 1st goal, Also they might have to put Herrera on Erikssen to stop him driving his side forward

The likes of Pogba needs to step up in these kinds of games, there will be Neville and Souness waiting if things dont go right

All the sentiments of OGS appointment will be put to the test today and we will see his managerial credentials if things are not going our way, what a way to make his mark if he can outwit Poch at his own game

Sky sports stats
Spurs are looking to win three consecutive top-flight meetings with Manchester United for the first time since September 1960.

Manchester United have lost their last three away Premier League matches against Spurs - they had lost just three of their first 23 against them in the competition between 1992 and 2014 (W12 D8).
Spurs could become the first team since Everton in 1987 to win four consecutive home top-flight matches against Manchester United.

Manchester United have lost two of their last three matches at Wembley in all competitions (including this exact fixture last season), as many as they had in their last 15 at the ground (W8 D5 L2).
Manchester United have won just four of their last 17 away Premier League matches in London (D4 L9).
Tottenham haven't lost consecutive home league games since May 2015, when they lost against Aston Villa and Man City.

After winning their last four league games against fellow 'big six' opposition last season, Manchester United are winless in their five such matches this term (D2 L3).

Victory here would see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer equal Matt Busby's record of a Manchester United manager winning their first five league games in charge of the club.

Harry Kane and Lucas Moura (2) were on the scoresheet in Tottenham's 3-0 win in the reverse fixture - only Clint Dempsey in 2012/13 and Jermaine Jenas in 2005/06 have scored home and away against Man Utd for Spurs in the same Premier League campaign.

https://www.skysports.com/football/tott ... iew/390975
Last edited by marko on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham vs Man united preview

Post by Cristao II »

I normally ignore these analysis because they don't go as deep as they could. Tottenham have just played Chelsea. United have had a longer break.
They are decimated in midfield which has always been a bane of contention in the games. The Spurs midfield is Winks, Sissoko and Skipp. Dembele, Wanyama, Dier are injured. On the other hand, United appears to have little injury problems aside in central defence.
In terms of management, Spurs will be pissed at the way United have used the press to unsettle Pochettino. This might prove extra motivation for the Spurs players. It definitely will be for the fans.
On the pitch, United have the more expensive players and squad. They have a very good goal keeper and a highly rated central midfielder. Spurs on the other hand have a World Cup winning goal keeper and a world class striker. A lot will depend on how rested the Spurs midfield is. If they are fully rested, then Spurs will have the upper hand.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

last year FA Cup semis

was it not at Wembley?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:last year FA Cup semis

was it not at Wembley?
Premiership not cup games
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:I normally ignore these analysis because they don't go as deep as they could. Tottenham have just played Chelsea. United have had a longer break.
They are decimated in midfield which has always been a bane of contention in the games. The Spurs midfield is Winks, Sissoko and Skipp. Dembele, Wanyama, Dier are injured. On the other hand, United appears to have little injury problems aside in central defence.
In terms of management, Spurs will be pissed at the way United have used the press to unsettle Pochettino. This might prove extra motivation for the Spurs players. It definitely will be for the fans.
On the pitch, United have the more expensive players and squad. They have a very good goal keeper and a highly rated central midfielder. Spurs on the other hand have a World Cup winning goal keeper and a world class striker. A lot will depend on how rested the Spurs midfield is. If they are fully rested, then Spurs will have the upper hand.
still not convinced about Spurs second half performances. Seems nothing left in the tank.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Should be a really good game, Poch will want to prove that he is the better tactician whiles OGS will want to prove that he is good enough to get the job

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Should be a really good game, Poch will want to prove that he is the better tactician whiles OGS will want to prove that he is good enough to get the job
Poch has nothing to prove unless he is now clueless,united need him more than he need them.Real,psg wants his service,so he has nothing to prove.He is a good coach,as much as i hate spurs as a rival they got a solid coach.OGS has not look out of place he is the guy who need to prove he need tge job full time,a win and good run in fa cup and cl will land him tbe job.
I expect a good game and spurs like win but Manu has a good team and shpuld go for 3 points.Balance game, time for OGS TO GET HIS FIRST BEAT DOWN.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Even if united loses, its the manner i will like too see in comparison to last time, are we going to fight? I think united will be more cagey than our last games out of respect, OGS said, all out attack, i do not believe, this game will be about taking your 1chance, lots of midfield action, Erikssen, Pogba, kane, rashford

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Just like we expected

De Gea
Young
lindelof
Jones
Shaw
Matic
Herrera
Pogba
Lingard
Rashford
Martial

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Even if united loses, its the manner i will like too see in comparison to last time, are we going to fight? I think united will be more cagey than our last games out of respect, OGS said, all out attack, i do not believe, this game will be about taking your 1chance, lots of midfield action, Erikssen, Pogba, kane, rashford
:roll: :roll:
yes, how did we fare last trip to Wembley

thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Even if united loses, its the manner i will like too see in comparison to last time, are we going to fight? I think united will be more cagey than our last games out of respect, OGS said, all out attack, i do not believe, this game will be about taking your 1chance, lots of midfield action, Erikssen, Pogba, kane, rashford
:roll: :roll:
yes, how did we fare last trip to Wembley

thank you
Premiership again, not cup games! Yes we beat Spurs but this is different, spurs are doing well, we just need to match them in that wide pitch, good luck united

I did not open this as the official match thread, anyone feel free to start one or take over this one if you are a moderator

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Lookman played well for Everton today. MOM performance.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Can’t believe I am actually supporting manure today to do well. Only because certain yansh kissing “fans” can’t wait for the baby faced assasin to stumble.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

update the title

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Pogba is up for this

no hair colouring.

NO BS

c'mon United, let's beat these Lily Livered

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

commentators are talking about that famous 5-3 victory at WHL

3-0 down at HT and i went to the gym

we won 5-3

LILY LIVERED

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Erickson is a beast of a player.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

we won 5-3

LILY LIVERED
Remember the triplets we gave you at your Old Toilet? #showsomerespect
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lingard.. o tu! At least hit target nah

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: