SE Player Stocks: Up or Down?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Player Stocks: Up or Down?

Post by Enugu II »

This first evaluative piece will look at some selected players and determine who has, at this time, made a case to be in the squad if it is picked today (Stock Up). Also, the piece will look at a few who are on the outside looking in because they have declined, at this moment, and face a likelihood of missing the cut if the squad is to be selected today (Stock Down).
Odion Ighalo: After the 2018 World Cup, many Nigerians screamed for Ighalo to be banned from the national team after being fingered as one of the reasons Nigeria failed to go beyond the group phase. However, the coach stood with Ighalo. Instead of replacing him, Coach Rohr started him in the first game after the World Cup. Ighalo responded with an explosion of goals that has foisted him into one of the first to be on the list to Egypt if the team is selected today. At his club, he also exploded with goals to mark a remarkable resurrection of a fallen star.
Kelechi Iheanacho: Kelechi was supposed to be Nigeria's prince of soccer following the U17 FIFA World Cup back in 2013. He showed the promise early with goals at both his club then (Manchester City) and Nigeria. However, that seems ancient history. In the last year, Iheanacho's stock has plummeted. His play has been poor for Nigeria and it will not be a surprise if he does not make the list to the AFCON in Egypt. This situation could worsen if the likes of Victor Osimhen get more deserved test runs with the national team.

Details can be found by clicking on the link below:

https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2019/01/ ... agles.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Player Stocks: Up or Down?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Na stockfish u dey price? How is Alina's stock down when he's having the best year of his life? Onazi is also having one of his best years but he got injured so his stock is down too? Abeg do read chiefnfa's thread on our players Afro proper analysis. This one Na stockfish selling. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Na stockfish u dey price? How is Alina's stock down when he's having the best year of his life? Onazi is also having one of his best years but he got injured so his stock is down too? Abeg do read chiefnfa's thread on our players Afro proper analysis. This one Na stockfish selling. :boo:
:rotf: :rotf: No be only stock fish dey carry name stock. In any case, this is different from nfachairman's post. Nfachairman dey talk about how our players dey do for Europe. This post isn't about how they are doing at their clubs. Instead, it is focused solely on their stock as per SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I can see the reasoning why Aina's stock has gone down for the SE but considering he didn't make the WC squad but does so now is an indication his stock has risen.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I can’t imagine Rohr not taking Aina with him to Egypt, as his versatility is a plus. Same with Semi Ajayi.
Aina’s four months playing in Serie A will show when he next plays with the SE, mark my words. I think he will be in the starting XI in Egypt.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Paveman wrote:I can’t imagine Rohr not taking Aina with him to Egypt, as his versatility is a plus. Same with Semi Ajayi.
Aina’s four months playing in Serie A will show when he next plays with the SE, mark my words. I think he will be in the starting XI in Egypt.
I wouldn't bet on Aina making the squad, although it's more likely than not.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Paveman wrote:I can’t imagine Rohr not taking Aina with him to Egypt, as his versatility is a plus. Same with Semi Ajayi.
Ebuehi will be back soon o, Aina better watch it, wasn’t the best against Libya away...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:
If healthy, he will make the squad.

Been playing well in Italy. And it is not like he is new to the squad.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
If healthy, he will make the squad.

Been playing well in Italy. And it is not like he is new to the squad.
Cell

I hope he makes the squad. He certainly plays well for his club but not for the NT and that is where the issue lies. At his position there will be intense competition. Similar story for those on the wing who are not outstanding for the NT.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

NFA chairman already has a thread for this. No?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051