Moses and Mikel together again?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Moses and Mikel together again?

Post by waka-man »

Apologies if already posted:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... lsea-stars

EXCLUSIVE: Crystal Palace eyeing January deals for two ex-Chelsea stars

Crystal Palace are looking to bring Victor Moses back to Selhurst Park, nearly a decade after he left and he could be joined by former Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel.

The Eagles are looking at options to bolster their squad and they could land a pair of Super Eagles in Moses and Mikel.

Moses, 28, is out-of-favour at Chelsea and he could head to Palace on loan, with coach Roy Hodgson keen to strike a loan deal.

Hodgson is also in the market for Obi-Mikel – although we understand up to half-a-dozen Premier League clubs are keen on the 31-year-old midfielder – who is a free agent having left Tianjin Teda.

Mikel also has options to remain in China, but he is weighing up his options.

Palace are looking to make room in their squad and are willing to move on a number of names, one of whom is Jairo Riedewald.

The 22-year-old has failed to impress since joining from Ajax in 2017 – but he is now set to leave on loan. He has options to return to Holland, whilst there are also Spanish and French clubs keen – although he could remain in England with Middlesbrough expressing an interest.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Moses and Mikel together again?

Post by paj »

cue BigPork in 4...3..2....
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Would be great to have capito back in the PL, he still got it and can be closer to his fam, I'm sure it just comes down to wages b/c the interest has to be there...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i read Fenabache offered VicMo 135k pounds a week
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mousa Dembele: Tottenham midfielder nears £11m move to Beijing Guoan
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

waka-man wrote:Apologies if already posted:

Crystal Palace are looking to bring Victor Moses back to Selhurst Park, nearly a decade after he left and he could be joined by former Chelsea team-mate John Obi Mikel.

The Eagles are looking at options to bolster their squad and they could land a pair of Super Eagles in Moses and Mikel.

Moses, 28, is out-of-favour at Chelsea and he could head to Palace on loan, with coach Roy Hodgson keen to strike a loan deal.

Hodgson is also in the market for Obi-Mikel – although we understand up to half-a-dozen Premier League clubs are keen on the 31-year-old midfielder – who is a free agent having left Tianjin Teda.

Palace are looking to make room in their squad and are willing to move on a number of names, one of whom is Jairo Riedewald.

The 22-year-old has failed to impress since joining from Ajax in 2017 – but he is now set to leave on loan. He has options to return to Holland, whilst there are also Spanish and French clubs keen – although he could remain in England with Middlesbrough expressing an interest.
And Moses will be out of favor at Crystal Palace too. Andy Townshend has the right side on the lock down, that young chap with jaw breaking name has the right back sealed up. If Moses goes there, he is coming as a squad member. Unless maybe the left side. Mikel if true is also dicey, Kouyate seems to have found his rhythm, but I am seeing Mikel in a more advanced role, otherwise another squad acquisition. Roy na typical English coach who will demand 90mins running from his players. I am sure they both know this.

Both should go to teams with coaches from the continent. With the exception of the Brighton coach and may be Howe at Bournemouth
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:

And Moses will be out of favor at Crystal Palace too. Andy Townshend has the right side on the lock down, that young chap with jaw breaking name has the right back sealed up. If Moses goes there, he is coming as a squad member. Unless maybe the left side. Mikel if true is also dicey, Kouyate seems to have found his rhythm, but I am seeing Mikel in a more advanced role, otherwise another squad acquisition. Roy na typical English coach who will demand 90mins running from his players. I am sure they both know this.
rumors... however none of those players you mentioned can bench VicMo or Mikel( as long as they are both fit and not match rusty) lets give credit when it is due...townsthead hasn't performed since that goal vs City.. they are fighting relegation big time
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:

rumors... however none of those players you mentioned can bench VicMo or Mikel( as long as they are both fit and not match rusty) lets give credit when it is due...townsthead hasn't performed since that goal vs City.. they are fighting relegation big time
Me I nor dey argue, field dey there to prove matter. When it comes to attitude to fight and stake a claim, I trust Mikel more than Moses... I say no not to please you BigPorkey.

You talk of Moses and Mikel using the word if fit, strange I factored their current fitness when I made my submission. Mikel has not been completing 90 intensive minutes for how many years now, and as for Moss's, his form has been rubbish this season.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Oloye wait, wait and wait... What do you mean you say no not to please bigpokey? So are you saying Townsead surpasses VicMo
lets compare
[/video]
[/video]
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Oloye wait, wait and wait... What do you mean you say no not to please bigpokey? So are you saying Townsead surpasses VicMo
lets compare
[/video]
[/video]
I am talking form, current form, not YouTube form or what they did 2 seasons ago.

I am warning you of the things to note now before you start praying for Roy to be sacked for not playing awa boys :lol:

The Moses going back to CP if story is true, is not the same as the one who left..... Fans have a habit of trying to judge players with this and quickly become frustrated when they don't see what they thought they would see. Andy Townshend is versatile and I can assure you that after Zaha, he is the next , he won't be dropped for Moses, you can take that to the bank, unless Moses gets there and unleashes a devastating form too hot to ignore. His form has been questionable from last season

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well of course i will go after any manger who refuses to play any SE player... fyi...If our boys are fit, I see no issues with them getting games week in week out

Now if VicMo goes to palace, the question is what position will Roy play him?
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:well of course i will go after any manger who refuses to play any SE player... fyi...If our boys are fit, I see no issues with them getting games week in week out

Now if VicMo goes to palace, the question is what position will Roy play him?
The question is which role do you see Roy play him? For discussion purpose. Moses has always played as either a winger or wingback.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree with your points. Zaha is Palace's best player and a very good winger. Don't see Moses displacing him. He would also have a tough time displacing Townsend. The problem is Moses throughout has been inconsistent when played as a winger. However, he thrived and had the best spell of his career when used as a wingback and looked like a world class player under Conte.

Ideally Moses should be looking to go to a club that will primarily play him as a wingback. However, the 3-5-2/3-4-3 fad seems to be fading, so fewer clubs are playing with wingbacks this season. With all that being said, part of it comes down to how much risk Moses wants to take. Go to a club where he will have to fight for a spot or go to a smaller club where he will get more playing time and possibly hope that will lead to a move to a bigger club. Either option would be better than Chelsea.
oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Oloye wait, wait and wait... What do you mean you say no not to please bigpokey? So are you saying Townsead surpasses VicMo
lets compare
[/video]
[/video]
I am talking form, current form, not YouTube form or what they did 2 seasons ago.

I am warning you of the things to note now before you start praying for Roy to be sacked for not playing awa boys :lol:

The Moses going back to CP if story is true, is not the same as the one who left..... Fans have a habit of trying to judge players with this and quickly become frustrated when they don't see what they thought they would see. Andy Townshend is versatile and I can assure you that after Zaha, he is the next , he won't be dropped for Moses, you can take that to the bank, unless Moses gets there and unleashes a devastating form too hot to ignore. His form has been questionable from last season
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

olu wrote:I agree with your points. Zaha is Palace's best player and a very good winger. Don't see Moses displacing him. He would also have a tough time displacing Townsend. The problem is Moses throughout has been inconsistent when played as a winger. However, he thrived and had the best spell of his career when used as a wingback and looked like a world class player under Conte.

Ideally Moses should be looking to go to a club that will primarily play him as a wingback. However, the 3-5-2/3-4-3 fad seems to be fading, so fewer clubs are playing with wingbacks this season. With all that being said, part of it comes down to how much risk Moses wants to take. Go to a club where he will have to fight for a spot or go to a smaller club where he will get more playing time and possibly hope that will lead to a move to a bigger club. Either option would be better than Chelsea.
oloye wrote:
lets compare
[/video]
[/video]

If he wants playing time while enjoying his football.. He should head to Huddersfield. They need his experience, even Fulham. But because of the relegation battle it would not be favourable destination. He cannot go wrong with either of both clubs. I trust the managers in both teams to play him to his strength. I am tempted to say same for Mikel, I look at that Seri bobo standing in the middle and getting bypassed like he is just a cone. I see a role for Kind of ball distribution Mikel right there. If only they were not battling relegation.
Ditto Huddersfield, I look at their team what is lacking is just one or two players with quality in the middle.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Huddersfield is going down no buts about it... 11 points all season.. didn't their manager just quit?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46864005

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: bobo pick race, see their next couple of games... who no go run

Sunday 20th January 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
13:30
Man City
Tuesday 29th January 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
19:45
Everton
Saturday 2nd February 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea
15:00
Huddersfield
Saturday 9th February 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Arsenal
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

2 Ghanaians + 2 Naija on the same team?

Wow, what a gift to we the Ghana-Nigerians
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:agree:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Huddersfield is going down no buts about it... 11 points all season.. didn't their manager just quit?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: bobo pick race, see their next couple of games... who no go run

Sunday 20th January 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Man City
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Everton
PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea
Huddersfield
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Arsenal
Poor guy, there is little you can do with scraps.. It is like asking a driver to drive a car on fumes, his job at Huddersfield. They simply have no business being in the EPL, they just do not have the clout to pull anything, their core playing personnel is just not up to scratch, it was a miracle they even survived last season. They took teams in the EPL by surprise and quickly raised to 40 points before they ran out of fuel.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote::agree:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Huddersfield is going down no buts about it... 11 points all season.. didn't their manager just quit?

Sunday 20th January 2019
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Man City
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Everton
PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea
Huddersfield
PREMIER LEAGUE
Huddersfield
Arsenal
Poor guy, there is little you can do with scraps.. It is like asking a driver to drive a car on fumes, his job at Huddersfield. They simply have no business being in the EPL, they just do not have the clout to pull anything, their core playing personnel is just not up to scratch, it was a miracle they even survived last season. They took teams in the EPL by surprise and quickly raised to 40 points before they ran out of fuel.
He truly punched above his weight category. Hopefully he will land a good job somewhere they have money. I like the guy pass that Burnley thug.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Rawlings wrote:2 Ghanaians + 2 Naija on the same team?

Ferkoff Massa! :evil:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

15 days left, how far with VicMo?
SuperEagles

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Rawlings wrote:2 Ghanaians + 2 Naija on the same team?

Ferkoff Massa! :evil:
Massa
double enjoyment for me; single enjoyment for you
Una dey jealous?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar