Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

heavyd
Egg
Egg
Re: Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Post by heavyd »

okidoki wrote:
oloye wrote:I watched him last night, to be honest he is not better than what we currently have. He is ok, another prospect or talent we can add to what we have, but I am not sure he is better than the ones we have now. On the same night I was able to watch Omeruo play for Legane against Madrid and the different in class was obvious.

Egbon Oloye. You know I will always bow to you when it’s anything football, because you’ve actually been there and done that. However aside from the class in opposition involved, Tomori was as impressive as Omerue was.(watched both games, one on replay).
Aside from that Tomori, has something modern footballers clearly need, that many of our CB’s struggle with including Omerue. The ability to pass the ball, from the back.
No one is saying give him a shirt asap, but the kid has outstanding pace, technical skills, pretty good in the air, and very strong. I would try to poach him, if I was NFF.
Didnt watch the Leganes game so cant judge Omeruo's performance but i watched Tomori and he was excellent yesterday. I think the highlighted is where he may have the upperhand on Omeruo.
YNWA
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Meanwhile Chukwueze just scored a cracker.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

okidoki wrote:
oloye wrote:I watched him last night, to be honest he is not better than what we currently have. He is ok, another prospect or talent we can add to what we have, but I am not sure he is better than the ones we have now. On the same night I was able to watch Omeruo play for Legane against Madrid and the different in class was obvious.

Egbon Oloye. You know I will always bow to you when it’s anything football, because you’ve actually been there and done that. However aside from the class in opposition involved, Tomori was as impressive as Omerue was.(watched both games, one on replay).
Aside from that Tomori, has something modern footballers clearly need, that many of our CB’s struggle with including Omerue. The ability to pass the ball, from the back.
No one is saying give him a shirt asap, but the kid has outstanding pace, technical skills, pretty good in the air, and very strong. I would try to poach him, if I was NFF.
Bobo mi I can live with that. Like I said I saw his potentials, he is a good tackler and a good combatant, but I saw some raw edges, mind you this is expected at this stage of his career. I was not writing him off, just simply saying he has people ahead of him with more experience, he is not going to leap frog anyone of those guys based on what I saw. And that is not saying he played badly, rather it is a case of seeing what needs to be done. There is Aina there also working away in Italy, all our current center half's are playing at a higher level, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo{he is back}, Troost and Ajayi have all managed to stake a claim. I have not seen the Awaziem guy, but he has been around the SE too.

I love what I saw in the boy, but just stating a fact here that there is a wide gulf of experience to surmount in order to break in.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:
okidoki wrote:

Bobo mi I can live with that. Like I said I saw his potentials, he is a good tackler and a good combatant, but I saw some raw edges, mind you this is expected at this stage of his career. I was not writing him off, just simply saying he has people ahead of him with more experience, he is not going to leap frog anyone of those guys based on what I saw. And that is not saying he played badly, rather it is a case of seeing what needs to be done. There is Aina there also working away in Italy, all our current center half's are playing at a higher level, the likes of Balogun, Omeruo{he is back}, Troost and Ajayi have all managed to stake a claim. I have not seen the Awaziem guy, but he has been around the SE too.

I love what I saw in the boy, but just stating a fact here that there is a wide gulf of experience to surmount in order to break in.
Okoye back to shrining Omeruo :lol:
I
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:
okidoki wrote:

I
If person pikin do good na to celebrate abi na shrine am now :thumbs: Jokes apart I am happy for the bobo, I recommended he get off that loan nonsense and take hold of his own destiny, it seems something has fallen in place for him.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:
okidoki wrote:

I
If person pikin do good na to celebrate abi na shrine am now :thumbs: Jokes apart I am happy for the bobo, I recommended he get off that loan nonsense and take hold of his own destiny, it seems something has fallen in place for him.
Delighted to hear this.
I was beginning to despair for the guy and like you (or someone) said, Naija nor dey waste time to throw you under the bus if you no perform.
I must look out for any of his games and see for myself. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

okidoki wrote:Tomori is a star. We need to get him, Asap.
There is that Nigerian mentality that helps to keep us down. We proclaim our prospects stars long before they’ve acquired all the attributes that can make a talented footballer a star. This creates unreasonable expectations and places undue pressure on these individuals to succeed, according to our unreasonable expectations. When they begin to get tested in the real world and they, predictably, are a few half-steps behind true greatness, we lose patience with them immediately and begin to look to the next prospect. Consider that many of us are already advocating discarding the likes of Iheanacho, Onyekuru and even Iwobi fir newer prospects like Kalu and Chukwueze. Tragically, our football administrators haven’t been spared this madness. Folks, we need to chill and recognize that there’s usually a long, arduous process necessary to make a talented footballer a star :!:

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
There is that Nigerian mentality that helps to keep us down. We proclaim our prospects stars long before they’ve acquired all the attributes that can make a talented footballer a star. This creates unreasonable expectations and places undue pressure on these individuals to succeed, according to our unreasonable expectations. When they begin to get tested in the real world and they, predictably, are a few half-steps behind true greatness, we lose patience with them immediately and begin to look to the next prospect. Consider that many of us are already advocating discarding the likes of Iheanacho, Onyekuru and even Iwobi fir newer prospects like Kalu and Chukwueze. Tragically, our football administrators haven’t been spared this madness. Folks, we need to chill and recognize that there’s usually a long, arduous process necessary to make a talented footballer a star :!:
Cheers.
I think for many of us (obviously not everybody) calling a young player a "star" is contextual.
Its perfectly reasonable to have expectations of any young player that shows precocious talent and is punching above his weight.
In equal measure you have the same folks rightly cautioning against having too high expectations of these 'stars' in the real adult game.

I have touted the likes of Iheanacho, Osimhen, Success, Awoniyi, the Nwakali brothers, Yahaya and quite a few others when they were making the transition, some successfully, some not. However I am the same person that cautioned against expecting too much from youngsters on the main stage. I believe in experience and getting properly cooked in the adult game before realistically expecting miracles.

When Rohr said his players (the youngest team in the WC tournament) were there ''to learn", he was pilloried, but this is exactly what he was talking about - the unreasonable expectation of our "stars' to perform wonders on the ultimate stage with minimal experience.

Every footballer is expected to develop into their full potential and that can only happen if they play with the best over time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Cheers.
I think for many of us (obviously not everybody) calling a young player a "star" is contextual.
Its perfectly reasonable to have expectations of any young player that shows precocious talent and is punching above his weight.
In equal measure you have the same folks rightly cautioning against having too high expectations of these 'stars' in the real adult game.

I have touted the likes of Iheanacho, Osimhen, Success, Awoniyi, the Nwakali brothers, Yahaya and quite a few others when they were making the transition, some successfully, some not. However I am the same person that cautioned against expecting too much from youngsters on the main stage. I believe in experience and getting properly cooked in the adult game before realistically expecting miracles.

When Rohr said his players (the youngest team in the WC tournament) were there ''to learn", he was pilloried, but this is exactly what he was talking about - the unreasonable expectation of our "stars' to perform wonders on the ultimate stage with minimal experience.

Every footballer is expected to develop into their full potential and that can only happen if they play with the best over time.
We were mostly on the same page until it came to Rohr. Any coach who takes a team he doesn’t expect to accomplish anything to the World Cup isn’t worthy of the job. The point is that he shouldn’t have played the youngest team in the world unless there was something exceptional about them. I can live with coming up short against a Croatia or a France but there’s absolutely no excuse in the world good enough for losing to a geriatric Argentina when we had the players to beat them❗️

Cheers.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:
okidoki wrote:

I
Delighted to hear this.
I was beginning to despair for the guy and like you (or someone) said, Naija nor dey waste time to throw you under the bus if you no perform.
I must look out for any of his games and see for myself. :thumb:

Omeruo is having an excellent season. Tomori would be an excellent addition to the Super Eagles. Both statements are accurate.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I finished watching Derby knock out Southampton in the fA Cup and the standout player for Derby was Tomori. I am surprise no one had open a thread to discuss this potential Super Eagles. He represented England in the FIFA under 20 World Cup which they won he is a Chelsea player on loan to Derby. What is the reason for the lack of interest?
Some of us objectively cover all the prospects available to the SE, and we've mentioned him several times.

I'll be as comfortable with a starting CD pair of Tomori & Awaziem, as I am with Ekong & Balogun.

Tomori needs to chill on the own goals though. I think he's had 2 or 3 since the U-20 WC. No Yobo do-overs. Nigerians won't forgive that ish. HE can ask Odiye.

Kongi, how far?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Really upset about Tomori's loss.

Dude is class. About the only person that measures up in our current pool is Awaziem. I said 2 years ago & he has been there for the taking all along, but nothing spoil.

Let's celebrate those we have, and be a bit more aggressive about those coming through.

If England want to keep playing this game of capping those we show an interest in, they will soon have to start 11 Nigerians.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Agree.
For me, of the two, he was the pick of the litter.
Well, best of luck to both him and Tammy in their International Careers.
truetalk wrote:Really upset about Tomori's loss.

Dude is class. About the only person that measures up in our current pool is Awaziem. I said 2 years ago & he has been there for the taking all along, but nothing spoil.

Let's celebrate those we have, and be a bit more aggressive about those coming through.

If England want to keep playing this game of capping those we show an interest in, they will soon have to start 11 Nigerians.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He was? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I truly hope this is not how most of you live your life, sha! Tufiakwa!

have you ever been truly loved by a woman. Not fake love, or love for money.. as in real love. When a woman loves you, they will need 5 trailers to knock her down to get her off you. Even at that, she'd still hold on.

Thats how I see National Team call up. For instance, there is no other country I will play for aside from Nigeria. Absolutely none! Not even if Brazil promises me a starting shirt! Me, I will leave my love, Nigeria, and go and be wearing Brazil's shirt... talkless of that white vomit that England calls a jersey? Tufiakwa!

Anyone who wants to play for England, should go right on the fook ahead! Afterall, Uduokhai, Akpoguma and totorinugha are all playingf or Germany.

Nonsense! I am beginning to despise the forum. Someone cannot come here without having to read rubbish about two players who are not Nigerians. Please, stop disturbing us.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:

He was? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I truly hope this is not how most of you live your life, sha! Tufiakwa!

have you ever been truly loved by a woman. Not fake love, or love for money.. as in real love. When a woman loves you, they will need 5 trailers to knock her down to get her off you. Even at that, she'd still hold on.

Thats how I see National Team call up. For instance, there is no other country I will play for aside from Nigeria. Absolutely none! Not even if Brazil promises me a starting shirt! Me, I will leave my love, Nigeria, and go and be wearing Brazil's shirt... talkless of that white vomit that England calls a jersey? Tufiakwa!

Anyone who wants to play for England, should go right on the fook ahead! Afterall, Uduokhai, Akpoguma and totorinugha are all playingf or Germany.

Nonsense! I am beginning to despise the forum. Someone cannot come here without having to read rubbish about two players who are not Nigerians. Please, stop disturbing us.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: told dem ooooo it's shocking these none entity footballers are using Nigerian and Nigerians as door mats.. I am very confident tammy will be dumped by England....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Tomori Wasn’t Proud Of His Nigerian Root

Post by chief nfachairman »

Efe Ambrose Speaks On His Time With Tomori At Derby County – He Wasn’t Proud Of His Nigerian Root
October 3, 201909

Former Nigeria international defender Efe Ambrose has reacted to the decision of his former Derby County teammate Fikayo Tomori to snub Nigeria in order to continue his international career with Nigeria.

Tomori was called up to the senior national team of England for the first time earlier today bringing an end to speculation about his international future which he said will be decided at the end of the season.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com, Ambrose said he was shock when he was told that Tomori has Nigerian roots because during their time at the club he didn’t for once talked about it.

Ambrose said most times players of Nigerian descent always like to introduce themselves when they say a fellow Nigerian particularly one that has played for the Super Eagles but that wasn’t the case with Tomori while they were at Derby County.

” Tomori was very popular at Derby. He was later voted the player of the season but not for once did he talked about his Nigerian roots. Infact it was a journalist friend of mine that told him he has Nigerian roots. It’s very unusual because most Nigerian players born abroad usually like to associate with fellow Nigerians particularly if you have played for the national team like I did for years”, Ambrose said.

Read more here
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/03/e ... rian-root/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tomori Wasn’t Proud Of His Nigerian Root

Post by danfo driver »

But but but but... if we had spread our legs like cheap whores at him last year, he would have played for Nigeria.

Tufiakwa! I spit on everyone who has low self-esteem. Nonsense!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Make them leave the boy alone.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

two players who spat on the Nigerian flag, tammy and tomari, una go see how far.... let the ban re-open, they will be back in lower league football ...watch this space
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Most young players are not aware of historical events. If I were them, I would never choose to play for England over Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Most young players are not aware of historical events. If I were them, I would never choose to play for England over Nigeria.
It is okay for them to choose England over Nigeria. I dont have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is Nigerians who keep begging them and keep posting their fooking names on EAGLES NEST!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I hope Tammy and Tomori won't regret choosing England over Nigeria! If Tammy Abraham with his present form could only get 3 minutes of play, imagine what will happen when his form dips?

Tammy's reaction this weekend

England were winning 4:0 at half time, what stopped the Coach from giving them a chance in the closing minutes of the second half? This should serve as an eye opener for Tomori who still has a chance to change course!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Or what will happen when Southgate selects his Vardy and Lingard. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: