Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mods abeg shangalo this thread to england world forum
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

If I were in Tomori's shoes right now, I'd probably be thinking of representing Canada. Truth is, he's not better than Ebuehi or Ola Aina. Add Awaziem to the mix and you'd see we don't need him as much. We're just hung up on him starting for Chelsea. He should have quietly told the England handlers he wanted to bid his time. I don't see him benching any of Trent, Trippier or even Bissaka right now but perhaps it was a tall order to say no. At CB, I'd say he's ok, personally don't rate him in that position. In a year or two things may change especially if he's starting consistently for Chelsea. Tomori should go play for Canada, they need him the most.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:If I were in Tomori's shoes right now, I'd probably be thinking of representing Canada. Truth is, he's not better than Ebuehi or Ola Aina. Add Awaziem to the mix and you'd see we don't need him as much. We're just hung up on him starting for Chelsea. He should have quietly told the England handlers he wanted to bid his time. I don't see him benching any of Trent, Trippier or even Bissaka right now but perhaps it was a tall order to say no. At CB, I'd say he's ok, personally don't rate him in that position. In a year or two things may change especially if he's starting consistently for Chelsea. Tomori should go play for Canada, they need him the most.
A road to nowhere.
Which self-respecting footballer with a choice would choose to play for Canada? :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

felarey wrote:If I were in Tomori's shoes right now, I'd probably be thinking of representing Canada. Truth is, he's not better than Ebuehi or Ola Aina. Add Awaziem to the mix and you'd see we don't need him as much. We're just hung up on him starting for Chelsea. He should have quietly told the England handlers he wanted to bid his time. I don't see him benching any of Trent, Trippier or even Bissaka right now but perhaps it was a tall order to say no. At CB, I'd say he's ok, personally don't rate him in that position. In a year or two things may change especially if he's starting consistently for Chelsea. Tomori should go play for Canada, they need him the most.

Canawhat? When was the last time Canada qualified for a World Cup??? I know you live up there but cmon man!!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
Which self-respecting footballer with a choice would choose to play for Canada? :rotf: :rotf:
But if he shows up in Eagles camp today, will you play him ahead of Ebuehi or Awaziem? The boy is at a crossroads right now with a decision to make. Canada will host the WC in 7 yrs, lots happening. Tomori should concentrate on club football for now and bid his time but if he wants international, I'd advise him to go to Canada, cos England and Nigeria are not great options.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
But if he shows up in Eagles camp today, will you play him ahead of Ebuehi or Awaziem? The boy is at a crossroads right now with a decision to make. Canada will host the WC in 7 yrs, lots happening. Tomori should concentrate on club football for now and bid his time but if he wants international, I'd advise him to go to Canada, cos England and Nigeria are not great options.
I have clearly not been watching the boy, but wait, is he a Right back?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
He's both, just don't rate him as a CB on a personal level.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
He's both, just don't rate him as a CB on a personal level.
I saw him in one game for Derby last season and I thought he was below average. Championship level quality. But this season, everyone has been singing his praises. I have not watched him. So, i cant speak about his ability.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No, because he is not in contention for their positions, neither are they in contention for his.
Tomori is a centerback (old school sweeper, ala Beckenbauer) and will be unique to the SE.
felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
Nope.
But like Ebuehi and Aina he is on an upward spiral (hopefully) and they are all very early in their careers.
Our depth chart isn't yet several layers deep and it is to our advantage if we have quality players on the bench or on standby.
That said, I think he has an above average chance of taking a shirt and making it his own. Our central defence isn't incontestable at the moment. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

With a name like Fikayo Tomori, he should only be playing for one country, Nigeria.
He's just finding out that he's at the bottom of the pile, if the error prone Tyrone Mings is picked ahead of him, despite playing for a high profile Chelsea and playing in the UCL.
The name will make him the last option for England.
I am happy
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Time to move on.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Obviously, you haven't watched much of Tomori because he is not a RB but a CB. He can fill the RB role on an emergency basis due to his attributes (speed, skill, & tackling). However, comparing him against Tripper, Walker, the ManU fella, etc is obviously a helluva stretch akin to oranges vs. apples. Tomori is a central defender and a good one at that though he momentarily still has lapses in concentration which has led to potentially costly errors (bailed out by Kepa on 2 or so occasions).

Frankly, the fact that he's picked England doesn't bother me one bit, but the boy, Tomori, as a CB is very good. Obviously because he's still relatively young, putting in clean 90 min performances week in, week out, at this point of his career is a big ask. That said, in some games, he's been Chelsea's best player on the pitch - which is why he's been spotted by Southgate (not surprising if you watch all his games as I do). If his improvement game on game continues this season, by the summer, he most likely will be in England's squad for the Euros baring injury. He's got a fair chance in England because apart from Harry Maguire and arguably Gomez, he's got only the likes of Keane and Mings to compete against which with all due respect to those players is not the tallest of orders.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Obviously, you haven't watched much of Tomori because he is not a RB but a CB. He can fill the RB role on an emergency basis due to his attributes (speed, skill, & tackling). However, comparing him against Tripper, Walker, the ManU fella, etc is obviously a helluva stretch akin to oranges vs. apples. Tomori is a central defender and a good one at that though he momentarily still has lapses in concentration which has led to potentially costly errors (bailed out by Kepa on 2 or so occasions).

Frankly, the fact that he's picked England doesn't bother me one bit, but the boy, Tomori, as a CB is very good. Obviously because he's still relatively young, putting in clean 90 min performances week in, week out, at this point of his career is a big ask. That said, in some games, he's been Chelsea's best player on the pitch - which is why he's been spotted by Southgate (not surprising if you watch all his games as I do). If his improvement game on game continues this season, by the summer, he most likely will be in England's squad for the Euros baring injury. He's got a fair chance in England because apart from Harry Maguire and arguably Gomez, he's got only the likes of Keane and Mings to compete against which with all due respect to those players is not the tallest of orders.
when Chelsea starts keeping clean sheets, wake me up... you forget the trash he played vs Southampton, the guy almost gave a sweet assist ,,, the hype is just too strong.. this guy isn't even better than Awaziem and Omeruo
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote:No, because he is not in contention for their positions, neither are they in contention for his.
Tomori is a centerback (old school sweeper, ala Beckenbauer) and will be unique to the SE.
felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
A road to nowhere.
I think you should have mentioned someone closer to his abilities, not a legend like beckenbauer. Perhaps Johnny Evans, Mikael Silvestre, Jonathan Woodgate or even at a stretch Rio Ferdinand sef. Please, lets act reasonable. Thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:With a name like Fikayo Tomori, he should only be playing for one country, Nigeria.
He's just finding out that he's at the bottom of the pile, if the error prone Tyrone Mings is picked ahead of him, despite playing for a high profile Chelsea and playing in the UCL.
I am loving it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Likes of Tarkowski and injury prone Jones havent even been added yet. :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:

when Chelsea starts keeping clean sheets, wake me up... you forget the trash he played vs Southampton, the guy almost gave a sweet assist ,,, the hype is just too strong.. this guy isn't even better than Awaziem and Omeruo
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I have seen him only once and he was very average. We will see sha.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:With a name like Fikayo Tomori, he should only be playing for one country, Nigeria.
I am loving it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Likes of Tarkowski and injury prone Jones havent even been added yet. :rotf:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mings plays for Bournemount right? abu Villa... and Fikayo plays in the UCL...bobo was used for training
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:

The inability to keep clean sheets for Chelsea has more to do with poor set piece defending (collective poor implementation of zonal marking) than the individual ability of the player. I already mentioned that he's still prone to errors so you haven't said anything new but individually, he's very talented as a CB. That's reality and not hype. Again, he's young so inconsistencies are expected.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

how many games has tomori played? how many clean sheet? how many wins vs Elite teams? beating Wolves , southampton etc no be am
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:how many games has tomori played? how many clean sheet? how many wins vs Elite teams? beating Wolves , southampton etc no be am
You forgot to add Norwich and BHA :laugh:

Norwich beat Man City 3-1. Wolves Beat Man City 2-1. BHA beat Spurs 3-0. Southampton 1-1 with Man U and barely lost 1-0 to Liverpool.

He entered the season as the 5th string center back but due to his performances, gradually moved up the ranks to one of the first 2 CBs on the team sheet. To answer your question, he has started a lot already in this young season and will definitely start a lot more games baring injury. Nothing your bad belle can do about it.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:how many games has tomori played? how many clean sheet? how many wins vs Elite teams? beating Wolves , southampton etc no be am

Norwich beat Man City 3-1. Wolves Beat Man City 2-1. BHA beat Spurs 3-0. Southampton 1-1 with Man U and barely lost 1-0 to Liverpool.

He entered the season as the 5th string center back but due to his performances, gradually moved up the ranks to one of the first 2 CBs on the team sheet. To answer your question, he has started a lot already in this young season and will definitely start a lot more games baring injury. Nothing your bad belle can do about it.
It isn't my bad belle. But be on the look out for both tomato and tammy's career , u go see where dem go dey come next 2 seasons
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:

It isn't my bad belle. But be on the look out for both tomato and tammy's career , u go see where dem go dey come next 2 seasons
G4L is the Chelsea version of Waffiman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: