ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Thank you boys thank you mr Emery,thank you real fans at stadium today not the empty no nothing that think they know all.
Emery hats off with pressure from Ozil fan base to play Ozil,you stood by your believe.If Ozil had start he will have been short one.Shame on those who wanted us open nyash because Ozil did not start :boo: :boo:Uncle Aniks and Brother Bepanda am glad you both see it clear and call him out for who he is,lazy player.Now Emery need to figure how to start bench Xhaka before he get sacked for playing waste pipe.

You don join GENERAL EMERY’s army ???

I hear say my boy Zee apply to become Corporal :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:Waffi happy Sunday my brother. Sarri wants Gonzo because he’s worked with him and understands the off the ball movements involved in his setup. His philosophy doesn’t favor traditional strikers that play with their back to goal like Giroud. Morata could’ve been that guy but he’s fragile mentally and Tammy is still developing. I’d have liked to see Mitchy get a chance but Sarri needs instant results - a victim of Chelsea’s win now culture. Strikers aside, both fullbacks are liabilities in the offensive phase and Alonso is a liability period. So they are easy to defend against.

As for the investments gone bad, you forgot to list the ones that worked out. They won the league 2 out of the last 4 seasons: what was the net spend during that period (most of the players listed as flops were bought during that period). My guess is The total net spend during that period is not over 50 million pounds. They had a net profit last year and the season they won under Jose was a break even zero net spend.
Note, I said a few of the signings were questionable. Not being critical, just saying another bona fide striker from the money spent changes everything. My point being money is not the issue for Chelsea. If Arsenal, with little money compared to Chelsea can end up with Auba and Laca, how can Chelsea with money be with the strikers they have? You saw the difference the striker made.

Sarri has a huge fan in me. I am a football disciple of his and I hear about Higuian and how he fits in his system. But I fear for one aspect of all of this, Higuain lacks pace, in this league a top marksman needs that pace to compliment his movement for success. No point if you are tightly marked and you cannot evade defenders. It my concern for Higuian. If this goes wrong, he will be out in June.

The win now culture has to change, the environment in the league is completely different now. City and Liverpool brought managers in for a long term project. Look where they now compare to Chelsea chopping and changing. Liverpool, not won a thing but no doubting their improvements. For me, they have to stick with Sarri for at least two seasons.

As for Morata, I really cannot believe how mentality weak he is. The guy has the intelligence movement and decent pace plus physical atrributes to boot. But when the mind is weak there is nothing.

He epitomizes one of the flaws of the Academy system. Street footballers like Costa are warriors, you cannot bully them. But if you are taught football in a closed proctected environment, the mental fortitude to succeed os not put to the test as it should be until it us too late.

Finally, see how you use achievements take argue. My broda, that is a formidable weapon I use against Arsenal's detractors. Nor worry we belong in the same school. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.