ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) 2H

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Hmmmm green4life - Spurs lost to Man Utd you said we bottled it. What dost thou call this? Bottling empire things?
lol. You have me mixed up with tfco. :lol:
Oh I remember thy post. I read it and shook my head. United escaped by the skin of their teeth and you said we bottled it despite playing with a threadbare midfield.

Now you with a far stronger squad than l'arse hath lost to them. Is that not bottling by thy standards?
I said that? This one done pass joke. Paste the link.
My apologies. It was lily livered you used. Let me rephrase - art thou then not even more lily livered?
Abeg how is Chelsea more lily livered than Spurs? Really? This team won the EPL title and the FA Cup the last 2 years. What has Spurs won over the last 10 yrs? Scratch that: when was the last time Spurs won a league or FA Cup?
I like this .... You are not lily livered if you have won a league cup or FA Cup. Last I checked Chelsea has won 13 of those whole Spurs have won 12. In Europe, we have won the same number of trophies. The only difference is the league and thank God for Roman if you are a Chelsea.fan.

My definition - you were favorites for this match against a weakened and demoralised Arsenal. The pressure was on your team to perform and they couldn't handle it. Only one shot on target ... Who were you missing?
When did spurs last win league and FA Cup? When did your players last hold their nerves long enough to get over the finish line in a league title race or CL? Chelsea and Spurs aren’t in the same bucket. No one expects anything from Spurs compared to Chelsea. This is not even arguable.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
ceejay22 wrote:I say get rid of Sarri now before he does more damage
This is the problem with CFC fans. No patience. The man needs a bona fife striker or 2 and an attacking left back & right back. Until that happens, play will be congested centrally making creativity difficult.
I thought Chelsea has one of the best youth systems in the country? Should "the man" be encouraged to promote youth? or should he buy buy buy?! I thought we were all in agreement that promoting youth is demanded of a top coach? No?
A mixture of both is necessary. The manager needs to be backed and he also should give the younger ones a try where necessary. But for that to happen, the club management has to adjust expectations. If you says ‘top 4 at all costs’ and ‘fight to win at least one cup’ then opportunities for the youth will be less. But if you are Tottenham that doesn’t have any pressure to win anything (carabao Cup is like wining CL for them), then the coach can freely test out all available options.
You make strong points. Personally, I thought the deal to bring in Kovacic was not the best one. I'd have played a midfield three of:

------------Kante--------------Jorginho--------------Hazard-----------

With Odoi getting games on the left. Hazard is a fantastic number 10 and I think playing him up front or on the wings is just a waste of his true ability.

Odoi should have been a started on that left, in my opinion.
I will be honest and say I haven’t thought about this set up and it’s definitely worth a try because Odoi needs more opportunities.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Post by anikulapo »

When you watch the game today or against Tottenham you can see why Unai wants no part of Ozil on this team.

The amount of work these players put in today was amazing.

Kudos to the lads :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If he was angry, he didn't show it to the players on the field.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Oh I remember thy post. I read it and shook my head. United escaped by the skin of their teeth and you said we bottled it despite playing with a threadbare midfield.

Now you with a far stronger squad than l'arse hath lost to them. Is that not bottling by thy standards?
My apologies. It was lily livered you used. Let me rephrase - art thou then not even more lily livered?
Abeg how is Chelsea more lily livered than Spurs? Really? This team won the EPL title and the FA Cup the last 2 years. What has Spurs won over the last 10 yrs? Scratch that: when was the last time Spurs won a league or FA Cup?
I like this .... You are not lily livered if you have won a league cup or FA Cup. Last I checked Chelsea has won 13 of those whole Spurs have won 12. In Europe, we have won the same number of trophies. The only difference is the league and thank God for Roman if you are a Chelsea.fan.

My definition - you were favorites for this match against a weakened and demoralised Arsenal. The pressure was on your team to perform and they couldn't handle it. Only one shot on target ... Who were you missing?
When did spurs last win league and FA Cup? When did your players last hold their nerves long enough to get over the finish line in a league title race or CL? Chelsea and Spurs aren’t in the same bucket. No one expects anything from Spurs compared to Chelsea. This is not even arguable.
I could go into how many of your trophies were won when Roman do ... oopppss bought Chelsea but that would be a pointless discussion. Enjoy the evening.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

People who don't understand football will tell us that we struggled in the last few games because Ozil was out.
It was clear today that our struggle was because Bellerin was out.
Unai Emery played his hardest workers on the pitch today. Period.
In Emery system, Kola creates chances from the left and Bellerin from the right.
Instead of having the error prone mustafi in a back 3, he opted to play 3 DM in midfield. Matter covering for Kola on the left and Torreira covering for Bellerin on the right.
anikulapo wrote:When you watch the game today or against Tottenham you can see why Unai wants no part of Ozil on this team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odiegwu!

Make this man no go bite more than he can chew o. Chelsea players know how to exit a coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oga Sarri learning that this is no longer the olden days. These players of nowadays are mentally weak and physically lazy. zero aggression in their game and their mentality. We were mentioning the same thing about United's players this morning too.

Very very very hard to build an aggressive team nowadays with all the weaklings playing football these days.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote: I could go into how many of your trophies were won when Roman do ... oopppss bought Chelsea but that would be a pointless discussion. Enjoy the evening.

We can sum it up pretty quick so we don't keep wasting time:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:People who don't understand football will tell us that we struggled in the last few games because Ozil was out.
It was clear today that our struggle was because Bellerin was out.
Unai Emery played his hardest workers on the pitch today. Period.
In Emery system, Kola creates chances from the left and Bellerin from the right.
Instead of having the error prone mustafi in a back 3, he opted to play 3 DM in midfield. Matter covering for Kola on the left and Torreira covering for Bellerin on the right.
anikulapo wrote:When you watch the game today or against Tottenham you can see why Unai wants no part of Ozil on this team.

Yep I saw what you are saying with the two CMs supporting the flanks. Unfortunately it left Chaka as the deepest player in the middle and he was Gawd awful. How and why Unai persisted with him is madness . They better not try that with him against City or United ohh :ohmy:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

it's been posted already, but lemme add my own o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

balo wrote:
Cristao II wrote: I could go into how many of your trophies were won when Roman do ... oopppss bought Chelsea but that would be a pointless discussion. Enjoy the evening.

We can sum it up pretty quick so we don't keep wasting time:
so you mean you're not a Spudite?
hmm

anyway, abeg lemme just borrow the sweet small...brb

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Good to know there's some good in certain disappointments.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

I could go into how many of your trophies were won when Roman do ... oopppss bought Chelsea but that would be a pointless discussion. Enjoy the evening.[/quote]

It’s not a pointless discussion because the relevance is whether the players on display today are bottlers or lily livered. Obviously they aren’t because most have won at least 2 trophies each (some more) compared to the current set of spurs players who haven’t won anything in their collective careers. Have a nice day.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thank you boys thank you mr Emery,thank you real fans at stadium today not the empty no nothing that think they know all.
Emery hats off with pressure from Ozil fan base to play Ozil,you stood by your believe.If Ozil had start he will have been short one.Shame on those who wanted us open nyash because Ozil did not start :boo: :boo:Uncle Aniks and Brother Bepanda am glad you both see it clear and call him out for who he is,lazy player.Now Emery need to figure how to start bench Xhaka before he get sacked for playing waste pipe.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote: My apologies. It was lily livered you used. Let me rephrase - art thou then not even more lily livered?
no Sir

Spurs is Lily Livered. You came 3rd in a 2 horse race.
That is Example #1

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
This is the problem with CFC fans. No patience. The man needs a bona fife striker or 2 and an attacking left back & right back. Until that happens, play will be congested centrally making creativity difficult.
I thought Chelsea has one of the best youth systems in the country? Should "the man" be encouraged to promote youth? or should he buy buy buy?! I thought we were all in agreement that promoting youth is demanded of a top coach? No?
A mixture of both is necessary. The manager needs to be backed and he also should give the younger ones a try where necessary. But for that to happen, the club management has to adjust expectations. If you says ‘top 4 at all costs’ and ‘fight to win at least one cup’ then opportunities for the youth will be less. But if you are Tottenham that doesn’t have any pressure to win anything (carabao Cup is like wining CL for them), then the coach can freely test out all available options.
You make strong points. Personally, I thought the deal to bring in Kovacic was not the best one. I'd have played a midfield three of:

With Odoi getting games on the left. Hazard is a fantastic number 10 and I think playing him up front or on the wings is just a waste of his true ability.

I will be honest and say I haven’t thought about this set up and it’s definitely worth a try because Odoi needs more opportunities.
My bro, Chelsea issues is just down to a striker. Since you lost Costa, you have not had a complete team. Put Costa on this team, you are up there with Liverpool and City.

Besides, I doubt if Higuian is the answer. I look at Warri and wonder why he has not put faith and confidence in his strikers. Playing players out of position is not working. You have to ask, if you don't fancy Giroud or Morata, then have a look at Bashuaye or even Tammy Abraham. Higuian is a huge gamble, why place all your eggs in one basket?

Also, you must ask questions about this sort of business. Half of that money on a bona fide striker, Chelsea are serious contenders.

Morata - €66m
Bakayoko - €40m
Drinkwater - €37.9m
Zappacosta - €25m
Emerson - €20m
Giroud - €17m
Barkley - €16.9m
Batshuayi - €39m
Baba Rahman - €20m
= Total: €281.8m

Few questionable signings in there
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I feel bad as we should have put 5 goals pass this Russian toys.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Here we go again, agenda, agenda, agenda. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Football is a team sport, never about individuals. Arsenal have beaten far better Chelsea teams than yesterday with Ozil in the team. Arsenal have gone on a poor run of form without Ozil in the team.

Stop this boring narrative of Ozil being responsible for all Arsenal's ills.

The rest of our season now hinges on injuries. If we lose another 2 key players, our season is over. With Bellerin out, it hangs on a thread but we will cope with Niles so long as the Coach makes the necessary tweaks to ensure his talent are maximised for the team.

Of course if things go good or bad, it will be Ozil is not needed, if it goes bad, it will because Ozil is not playing. The bottom line is Ozil is just one player in the grand scheme of things. The club must address its issues with regards to the squad if we ever want to compete at the very top again. Right now, we are not so we should not expect miracles.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:

My bro, Chelsea issues is just down to a striker. Since you lost Costa, you have not had a complete team. Put Costa on this team, you are up there with Liverpool and City.

Besides, I doubt if Higuian is the answer. I look at Warri and wonder why he has not put faith and confidence in his strikers. Playing players out of position is not working. You have to ask, if you don't fancy Giroud or Morata, then have a look at Bashuaye or even Tammy Abraham. Higuian is a huge gamble, why place all your eggs in one basket?

Also, you must ask questions about this sort of business. Half of that money on a bona fide striker, Chelsea are serious contenders.

Morata - €66m
Bakayoko - €40m
Drinkwater - €37.9m
Zappacosta - €25m
Emerson - €20m
Giroud - €17m
Barkley - €16.9m
Batshuayi - €39m
Baba Rahman - €20m

I was enjoying your write up until you mentioned Tammy Abraham. Mavor I will pause and refuse to read further until you remove that name... If Sarri is not playing Giroud and Morata, he should play Tammy, Tammy who :scared:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffi happy Sunday my brother. Sarri wants Gonzo because he’s worked with him and understands the off the ball movements involved in his setup. His philosophy doesn’t favor traditional strikers that play with their back to goal like Giroud. Morata could’ve been that guy but he’s fragile mentally and Tammy is still developing. I’d have liked to see Mitchy get a chance but Sarri needs instant results - a victim of Chelsea’s win now culture. Strikers aside, both fullbacks are liabilities in the offensive phase and Alonso is a liability period. So they are easy to defend against.

As for the investments gone bad, you forgot to list the ones that worked out. They won the league 2 out of the last 4 seasons: what was the net spend during that period (most of the players listed as flops were bought during that period). My guess is The total net spend during that period is not over 50 million pounds. They had a net profit last year and the season they won under Jose was a break even zero net spend.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Morata - €66m
Bakayoko - €40m
Drinkwater - €37.9m
Zappacosta - €25m
Emerson - €20m
Giroud - €17m
Barkley - €16.9m
Batshuayi - €39m
Baba Rahman - €20m

I was enjoying your write up until you mentioned Tammy Abraham. Mavor I will pause and refuse to read further until you remove that name... If Sarri is not playing Giroud and Morata, he should play Tammy, Tammy who :scared:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now anything is better than playing the way they are playing.

My bro, it was too easy for Arsenal. Arsenal were narrow out of possession, forcing to Chelsea wide and encouraging Alonso and Azpilicueta to cross into a box that has no physical Chelsea presence. Arsenal put Ramsey on Jorginho to stop them playing their game and forcing them to come up with other ways of building their game up, then Arsenal really pressed hard across the park making Chelsea's outlets limited.

They needed a proper striker, anyone with a presence. Even Tammy can offer that if all the other options are no good.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:

Here we go again, agenda, agenda, agenda. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Football is a team sport, never about individuals. Arsenal have beaten far better Chelsea teams than yesterday with Ozil in the team. Arsenal have gone on a poor run of form without Ozil in the team.

Stop this boring narrative of Ozil being responsible for all Arsenal's ills.

The rest of our season now hinges on injuries. If we lose another 2 key players, our season is over. With Bellerin out, it hangs on a thread but we will cope with Niles so long as the Coach makes the necessary tweaks to ensure his talent are maximised for the team.

Of course if things go good or bad, it will be Ozil is not needed, if it goes bad, it will because Ozil is not playing. The bottom line is Ozil is just one player in the grand scheme of things. The club must address its issues with regards to the squad if we ever want to compete at the very top again. Right now, we are not so we should not expect miracles.

I’m replying without even reading your drivel.

Anyone without the balls to comment in-game lacks the right to have their opinion given any kinda credence POST GAME :idea:

GO find ya balls Waffi ... yeah give us the usual excuses :taunt: :taunt:

Cunny man :mrgreen:

MLK.