ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) 2H

Post by Mister Dolly »

MOTM to our entire back four. They kept a clean sheet!
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

64% of ball possession, 1 shot on target.

Woeful.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

God, Iwobi was not up to it today.

Good win for the boys. Almost all put in an honest work for it.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ceejay22 wrote:I say get rid of Sarri now before he does more damage
This is the problem with CFC fans. No patience. The man needs a bona fife striker or 2 and an attacking left back & right back. Until that happens, play will be congested centrally making creativity difficult.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Great win after a tough week. Hopefully we get more players, because our best player will be out ...
Bellerin shouldn't have played the whole game after 1 month on the sidelines. Should have played one half only.
I'm afraid, he is done for the season ...
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Hmmmm green4life - Spurs lost to Man Utd you said we bottled it. What dost thou call this? Bottling empire things?
lol. You have me mixed up with tfco. :lol:
Oh I remember thy post. I read it and shook my head. United escaped by the skin of their teeth and you said we bottled it despite playing with a threadbare midfield.

Now you with a far stronger squad than l'arse hath lost to them. Is that not bottling by thy standards?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

green4life wrote:
This is the problem with CFC fans. No patience. The man needs a bona fife striker or 2 and an attacking left back & right back. Until that happens, play will be congested centrally making creativity difficult.
Did u say an attacking left back? What does Emerson need to do to get a start?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 0-0

Post by ojafranpa »

kajifu wrote:Emery you starting KOS?Have we won any game with him starting this season in ths league?
Kaji can you come again?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Player Ratings:

Leno: 6.5: Great with his feet and commanded his box

Bellerin: 8.0: Was having an amazing game but unfortunately he might be done for the season.

GREEK BEAST: 10.0: INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE

KOS: 10.0: BOSCIELNY IS BACK. What a GAME :thumbs:

Kola: 5.5. Got his wires crossed all game. His head was definitely in the clouds with terrible decision making

Chaka: 3.0: Horrible football player. Actually Gawd awful. Total short one :curse:

LT: 6.5: Played his heart out especially covering for a useless teammate.

Guendo: 6.5: always made himself available for the ball and his composure was exceptional

Abou : 6.5: Missed two sitters but he tracked back repeatedly to help set the defensive line. Worked tirelessly

Laca: 8.0: best game in an Arsenal uni. Was a terror as the lead presser and took his goal well. Head scratching decision by unai to take him off .

Ramshyt: 6.5: Ran around a lot but his decision making was very suspect. At least had a better impact than the worthless twerp parked on the bench would’ve shown .

Subs :

Iwobi: 4.0: Useless. Bournemouth is calling :roll:

AMN: 6.0: was not slated to play at right back but came in and had an impact but his decision making was questionable as well

El neny: 7.0: Why oh why won’t Unai give this man some playing time. His presence helped stabilize our middle with his passing under pressure and composure ... just needs to work on his shooting

Coach:

Great day for Unai save for the inclusion of Chacrap and the subbing of Laca. For a team under scrutiny and lots of question he clearly galvanized his boys and they all put in a shift today
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

green4life wrote:
What is Alonso? Asking for a friend because he has no clue about defending.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Hmmmm green4life - Spurs lost to Man Utd you said we bottled it. What dost thou call this? Bottling empire things?
Oh I remember thy post. I read it and shook my head. United escaped by the skin of their teeth and you said we bottled it despite playing with a threadbare midfield.

Now you with a far stronger squad than l'arse hath lost to them. Is that not bottling by thy standards?
I said that? This one done pass joke. Paste the link.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Great win after a tough week. Hopefully we get more players, because our best player will be out ...
Bellerin shouldn't have played the whole game after 1 month on the sidelines. Should have played one half only.
I'm afraid, he is done for the season ...

Bros I hear you but that wasn’t a fatigue injury ... it was just a bad step that did him in
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

My apologies. It was lily livered you used. Let me rephrase - art thou then not even more lily livered?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

jdizzy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Alonso is a wingback at best. Defensively he’s average to poor and attack wise he lacks the requisite pace. At this level (top 4) he’s not good enough for the position. Azpilicueta is good defensively (when the team defends deep) but Sarri likes to press and attack and he can’t get it done heading the other direction. Then of course there’s no striker. So there’s too much burden on the wing forwards to do more than their capabilities. When you have 11 v 11 but 2 to 3 are always unable to carry their bag, it will be a struggle.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

jdizzy wrote:
green4life wrote:

Emerson had been on the bench for Sarri since he got here. Chelsea doesn't need to go buy another attacking LB just because Sarri doesn't see beyond Alonso's slow poke.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

My apologies. It was lily livered you used. Let me rephrase - art thou then not even more lily livered?
Abeg how is Chelsea more lily livered than Spurs? Really? This team won the EPL title and the FA Cup the last 2 years. What has Spurs won over the last 10 yrs? Scratch that: when was the last time Spurs won a league or FA Cup?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
I thought Chelsea has one of the best youth systems in the country? Should "the man" be encouraged to promote youth? or should he buy buy buy?! I thought we were all in agreement that promoting youth is demanded of a top coach? No?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
I thought Chelsea has one of the best youth systems in the country? Should "the man" be encouraged to promote youth? or should he buy buy buy?! I thought we were all in agreement that promoting youth is demanded of a top coach? No?
Have you no shame????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
green4life wrote:

Abeg how is Chelsea more lily livered than Spurs? Really? This team won the EPL title and the FA Cup the last 2 years. What has Spurs won over the last 10 yrs? Scratch that: when was the last time Spurs won a league or FA Cup?
I like this .... You are not lily livered if you have won a league cup or FA Cup. Last I checked Chelsea has won 13 of those whole Spurs have won 12. In Europe, we have won the same number of trophies. The only difference is the league and thank God for Roman if you are a Chelsea.fan.

My definition - you were favorites for this match against a weakened and demoralised Arsenal. The pressure was on your team to perform and they couldn't handle it. Only one shot on target ... Who were you missing?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
A mixture of both is necessary. The manager needs to be backed and he also should give the younger ones a try where necessary. But for that to happen, the club management has to adjust expectations. If you says ‘top 4 at all costs’ and ‘fight to win at least one cup’ then opportunities for the youth will be less. But if you are Tottenham that doesn’t have any pressure to win anything (carabao Cup is like wining CL for them), then the coach can freely test out all available options.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ARSENAL VS CHELSEA 2-0(Lacabomboklatt, KOS) FT

Post by anikulapo »

Zee Zee wetin happen to General Ozil today? :taunt: :taunt: :D

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
A mixture of both is necessary. The manager needs to be backed and he also should give the younger ones a try where necessary. But for that to happen, the club management has to adjust expectations. If you says ‘top 4 at all costs’ and ‘fight to win at least one cup’ then opportunities for the youth will be less. But if you are Tottenham that doesn’t have any pressure to win anything (carabao Cup is like wining CL for them), then the coach can freely test out all available options.
You make strong points. Personally, I thought the deal to bring in Kovacic was not the best one. I'd have played a midfield three of:

------------Kante--------------Jorginho--------------Hazard-----------

With Odoi getting games on the left. Hazard is a fantastic number 10 and I think playing him up front or on the wings is just a waste of his true ability.

Odoi should have been a started on that left, in my opinion.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?