Mikel to Boro?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel starts for Boro in FA cup

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
zee wrote:Mikel leaves after 60mins.............good 'average' game. :thumb:
The Championship is a notoriously 'hard' league.
Coming from China, Mikel might need a few weeks to 'get up to speed', quite literally.
Looked like his Chelsea self, literally didn’t lose a single ball, barely broke a sweat lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Success don hang 2-0 for Watford!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel man of the match
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1-1.............Newport gets their deserved goal.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Boro is a rubbish gragra team.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

niyi wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
zee wrote:This 4th div team is dealing with Boro..............25mins gone and Newport is the better team.
The stats don’t indicate that. Borough has 60% possession, almost twice as many passes and a better passing accuracy. That indicates Newport is just playing on the counter :!:

Cheers.
You're a permanent clown.
Calling you a clown would be a major insult to all clowns :!:

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Smh Mikel subbed off Boro chop bottle
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:
zee wrote:This 4th div team is dealing with Boro..............25mins gone and Newport is the better team.
The stats don’t indicate that. Borough has 60% possession, almost twice as many passes and a better passing accuracy. That indicates Newport is just playing on the counter :!:

Cheers.
You're a permanent clown.
This is some serious unprovoked attack..Shame on you
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
zee wrote:Mikel leaves after 60mins.............good 'average' game. :thumb:
The Championship is a notoriously 'hard' league.
Coming from China, Mikel might need a few weeks to 'get up to speed', quite literally.
Looked like his Chelsea self, literally didn’t lose a single ball, barely broke a sweat lol...
Brilliant. Maybe him just dey use 'Boro rehearse for a better EPL deal end of season.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Boro fans on Mikel

Post by Bigpokey24 »

8-)
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Boro fans on Mikel

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Them say dem manager nah moon head :rotf:
Who is the busy body mod , that merged this thread? Smh ..we don't see your busy body merging threads of ole, or similar related manu , assnal threads..carry on you can ask manu fans etc to come help with the forum when it comes to future request..

Pathetic the way yall drown threads based on Nigerian players etc is sad and at the same time pathetic.. no vex some of us go soon leave the forum for una and only show up when a tournament comes up..enjoy
SuperEagles

miky
Egg
Egg
Mikel vs Newport

Post by miky »

[/video]
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Mikel vs Newport

Post by Bigpokey24 »

miky wrote:[/video]
Looks like Chelses Mikel, the guy last played in November..what a player....
SuperEagles

ceejay22
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel to Boro?

Post by ceejay22 »

The guy would have been a perfect fit in the Jorginho role
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The usual superbly effortless performance by Mikel :!:

Cheers.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

The usual superbly effortless performance by Mikel :!:

Cheers.

Keyword "effortless" and super effective. SE captain is back :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Debut shows Mikel could be some weapon for Middlesbrough

Post by Bigpokey24 »

8-)
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:I never believe players when they say "I had offers from better clubs, but I chose to go to a much worse club because of the program/I wanna see my kids/I like the coach".

It's all nonsense.

As long as major Nigerian players are playing in the backwaters, it'll be hard for the national team to make any real progress. I look at the starting 11, especially in the attacking half, and it's all mediocrity, to be honest.

Clubs don't always get it right, but in aggregate, the club scene is the best judge of talent. Right now, they're saying our attacking talent is 2nd rate at best.
deanotito,

At the stage in Mikel's career, it isn't just about football or money. That is the mistake many fans make.

These guys aren't machines but people. He has children who may have school, who want to see their dad everyday, same as a wife who wants to have her husband nearby. You can't simply uproot everyone just because of your career. Those things (like family) matter and they affect decisions that people make. This is not a bachelor who can quickly get his backpack and on the airplane to the next big club somewhere.

If you get a chance, read Roderick's work on the life of professional footballers in the UK. Read about how decisions are truly made, away from the newspaper. You will realize that moving is not fun. Not only does it destabilize families (leading to divorces) but it also uproots people from their friends.
Enugu, trust me, its nonsense. A player's career is not that long. This is a guy who went to China when, as his people also claimed then, there were better offers too. Nigerian players always say this. Best I know, his family lives in London...Middlesbrough is far far away from London. Its certainly not a daily commute type of thing for a professional footballer....So, there is essentially no difference between him living there (and driving) or living in Italy or Spain (and flying back and forth).... Finally, the life of a soccer player is not that long. He's a professional...what would he do if he were a coach, and had to move for jobs? Most players generally don't have this luck of staying with a single club for so long as he did with Chelsea. The demands of professionalism make it a nomadic life...and when you finally do retire in your mid-thirties, you can spend as much time as possible with your kids.

A professional does not turn down a BPL team to go play for Middlesbrough -sitting at 5th in the championship- because he likes the "program". That's just nonsense. So many things can go wrong with Middlesbrough that banking on a promotion, and that you'd be a part of their plans if they do get promoted is a fool's game. Mikel surely knows this
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Oga mikel is an experienced player and there’s no way he didn’t get offers from better teams than Middlesbrough even overseas
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

john12 wrote:Oga Mikel is an experienced player and there’s no way he didn’t get offers from better teams than Middlesbrough even overseas
Keep believing that. It's not about experience. It's about usefulness. Even Skippo of Life, John Terry, was playing in the championship when him own time reach.

Agents put out the there-were-other-clubs gist just to enhance future prospects, and not to appear like complete failures. Unless it is a really BIG money move, a player won't make this move in the face of much better options. I even heard his contract is only till season's end....a 32 yr old signing such a contract in the presence of much better options????? Bros, you dey drink the sobo
Last edited by deanotito on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:I never believe players when they say "I had offers from better clubs, but I chose to go to a much worse club because of the program/I wanna see my kids/I like the coach".

It's all nonsense.

As long as major Nigerian players are playing in the backwaters, it'll be hard for the national team to make any real progress. I look at the starting 11, especially in the attacking half, and it's all mediocrity, to be honest.

Clubs don't always get it right, but in aggregate, the club scene is the best judge of talent. Right now, they're saying our attacking talent is 2nd rate at best.
deanotito,

At the stage in Mikel's career, it isn't just about football or money. That is the mistake many fans make.

These guys aren't machines but people. He has children who may have school, who want to see their dad everyday, same as a wife who wants to have her husband nearby. You can't simply uproot everyone just because of your career. Those things (like family) matter and they affect decisions that people make. This is not a bachelor who can quickly get his backpack and on the airplane to the next big club somewhere.

If you get a chance, read Roderick's work on the life of professional footballers in the UK. Read about how decisions are truly made, away from the newspaper. You will realize that moving is not fun. Not only does it destabilize families (leading to divorces) but it also uproots people from their friends.
Enugu, trust me, its nonsense. A player's career is not that long. This is a guy who went to China when, as his people also claimed then, there were better offers too. Nigerian players always say this. Best I know, his family lives in London...Middlesbrough is far far away from London. Its certainly not a daily commute type of thing for a professional footballer....So, there is essentially no difference between him living there (and driving) or living in Italy or Spain (and flying back and forth).... Finally, the life of a soccer player is not that long. He's a professional...what would he do if he were a coach, and had to move for jobs? Most players generally don't have this luck of staying with a single club for so long as he did with Chelsea. The demands of professionalism make it a nomadic life...and when you finally do retire in your mid-thirties, you can spend as much time as possible with your kids.

A professional does not turn down a BPL team to go play for Middlesbrough -sitting at 5th in the championship- because he likes the "program". That's just nonsense. So many things can go wrong with Middlesbrough that banking on a promotion, and that you'd be a part of their plans if they do get promoted is a fool's game. Mikel surely knows this
actually Mikel only signed until the end of the season, so it actually matters not
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I watched his 62 minute FA Cup performance. In a 4141, he sat in front of the back 4 and hardly broke a sweat putting in a routine performance reminiscent of his Chelsea days. As long as Pulis plays him regularly sufficiently to get him in shape for the SE's this summer, it's a win-win for club, country, and player who gets to play closer to his family (relative to far away China).