How are 9ja footballers making money outside football?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
How are 9ja footballers making money outside football?

Post by paj »

Besides being pundits on tv, does anyone know what business ventures 9ja footballers invest in? I know Kanu has hotels and our favorite Aboki invested in gas stations...any others?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How are 9ja footballers making money outside football?

Post by 1naija »

paj wrote:Besides being pundits on tv, does anyone know what business ventures 9ja footballers invest in? I know Kanu has hotels and our favorite Aboki invested in gas stations...any others?
You wan go waylay them? Instead if you to ask how you can get a gaddem job you are here asking nonsensical questions. When are you going to act your 69 years old age and get a gaddem job, Pa Jane?
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I met one Naija player at Atlanta airport. He played in one of the U-17 world cups.
He was cleaning
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Some get hotels.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

1naija wrote:
paj wrote:Besides being pundits on tv, does anyone know what business ventures 9ja footballers invest in? I know Kanu has hotels and our favorite Aboki invested in gas stations...any others?
You wan go waylay them? Instead if you to ask how you can get a gaddem job you are here asking nonsensical questions. When are you going to act your 69 years old age and get a gaddem job, Pa Jane?
...I no dey yab again...I'm into witchcraft now....so if U wake up tomorrow morning with Shegede on ya left cheek no look far...na me do am! :evil:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:Some get hotels.
I know..Kanu and a couple of others do...but anything else? It'll just be good to know that these guys are expansive enough to be diverse...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Difference between Nigerians and European players, they keep some sponsorship even after retirement, you really had to be on top of your game to earn top dollars , some Nigerian players have earned good money enough to see them through retirement, if you earned an average of 25K-40K pounds a week for up to 5 to 7 years, if you are quite sound financially, should not be an issue, if you are the likes of Mikel and earned 80K-100K a week, well you are set for life
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Jay Jay Okocha is the face of several companies. I've seen him on many billboards across the country.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:
balo wrote:Some get hotels.
I know..Kanu and a couple of others do...but anything else? It'll just be good to know that these guys are expansive enough to be diverse...

There's hardly any info out there on the web to help this quest. Spent a few minutes yesterday googling The Headmaster. I was not any wiser from when I started.

And I selected him because I saw his picture when I searched for 1994/98 SE.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Difference between Nigerians and European players, they keep some sponsorship even after retirement, you really had to be on top of your game to earn top dollars , some Nigerian players have earned good money enough to see them through retirement, if you earned an average of 25K-40K pounds a week for up to 5 to 7 years, if you are quite sound financially, should not be an issue, if you are the likes of Mikel and earned 80K-100K a week, well you are set for life
20k to 40k a week for 7 years is not enough to set for life when you compare the life style this youth today live.
Have you check their bills?Some buying cars from 200k dollars.