The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

See this WaYo man Waffi.

Arsenal lost on Friday and he went into hiding. Now days later e don come out with all his fake bluster and cunny ways .... Cheiii this man will never change

:taunt: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:The stench of hypocrisy in this forum is vile. I can go back to previous seasons but I refuse to call anyone out. Just imagine the outrage here if this transfer window was happening under Wenger.

Suarez and Perisic would labelled, average to not Arsenal standard, and there will be calls of spend some farking money and howls of derision.

Now listen to the defeaning silence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some have even tried to blame Wenger and Gazidis, like this is something new. It has been like this for years at Arsenal, only now the one man who manned up and took the crap is gone and we are exposed for the world to see.
Nkume, chopping popcorn and nodding his head. :glare:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsenal's Finances, Debt %26 FFP Explained(In case Waffi is too LSE for ya - this is Basics 101) - still tough Gooner_nation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ismaïla Sarr - one kid(a winger Sven seemed keen on) - rough diamond that can be worked on(polished):

Ivan Perišić is late 20s & will rightfully demand top wages.
------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... Honigstein

Honigstein discusses Sven:

There's no secret that Bayern have made attempts to lure him away from Dortmund in the past," Honigstein told the Transfer Talk podcast....
"The rumours came back when the story broke that Mislintat was leaving the club....
"It's my understanding there's no real concrete contact and no possibility of this happening anytime soon.
"The position that he would have wanted at Bayern is not available at the moment. They don't have that kind of space in the organisation

"It's my understanding he sees his future at the Premier League at a different club."
He's had a lot of offers before moving to Arsenal so this should not seen in my view as a result of Bayern Munich trying to lure him away or doing something that changed his mind or turned his head.
"This is really completely independent and only is to do with his relationship with the other people at Arsenal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P/S - If Sven stays in the EPL - it could be Hellish for us - he now has a feel for the league & should be more confident in what players to go for.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Emery press going on now...
Arsenal boss Unai Emery was coy on whether the club want to sign Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic, and he was also asked about Barcelona's Denis Suarez: "The same, this is not easy and the message is the club is working on different players and the possibility if it can be is good for us.

"We are looking at two different players and the possibility they can come. If they aren't coming to help us like we want, I prefer they don't come.

"I know it's not easy. We were speaking two months ago about this possibility (of not making a signing in January)."
Arsenal boss Unai Emery is reluctant to recruit defensive reinforcements, despite injuries to Sokratis Papastathopoulos (ankle) and Laurent Koscielny (jaw) in the FA Cup defeat by Manchester United on Friday.

He does not want a bloated squad once injured defenders, including Hector Bellerin and Rob Holding (both knee), return to fitness.

"We have enough players, centre-backs, in the squad," he said. "Only we're having a lot of injuries and a lot in this position.

"If we can bring another player and when all the players want to play, we can have a lot of trouble in the future."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: The next Yaya Toure?

Post by Rawlings »

Simeone: Thomas could have played for Man City or Man Utd

The Ghana international was wanted by the Premier League giants according to the Atletico Madrid boss, who believes he has an 'amazing' player
Diego Simeone says that Thomas Partey could have played for Premier League giants Manchester City or Manchester United as he lauded the Atletico Madrid midfielder.

Thomas impressed at the heart of midfield in Atletico's 2-0 win at home to Getafe in La Liga on Saturday.

The Ghana international had an impact on both first-half goals scored by Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez, earning praise from Atletico head coach Simeone.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/thomas-par ... jjdy0g6gra
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote:

Arsenal's Finances, Debt %26 FFP Explained(In case Waffi is too LSE for ya - this is Basics 101) - still tough Gooner_nation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ismaïla Sarr - one kid(a winger Sven seemed keen on) - rough diamond that can be worked on(polished):

There's no secret that Bayern have made attempts to lure him away from Dortmund in the past," Honigstein told the Transfer Talk podcast....
"The rumours came back when the story broke that Mislintat was leaving the club....
"It's my understanding there's no real concrete contact and no possibility of this happening anytime soon.
"The position that he would have wanted at Bayern is not available at the moment. They don't have that kind of space in the organisation

"It's my understanding he sees his future at the Premier League at a different club."
He's had a lot of offers before moving to Arsenal so this should not seen in my view as a result of Bayern Munich trying to lure him away or doing something that changed his mind or turned his head.
"This is really completely independent and only is to do with his relationship with the other people at Arsenal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P/S - If Sven stays in the EPL - it could be Hellish for us - he now has a feel for the league & should be more confident in what players to go for.
I perceive Sven is going to Liverpool
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:

If he goes there, that's all she wrote - they'll be in the top 2 for yrs - they already have a smoking squad.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Poch says top 4 is much better than trophies. That trophies make coaches feel good with themselves only.

Wenger was torn to pieces for saying how important top 4 is. Now, Poch the darling says the same few years later.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

tolahs wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:

If he goes there, that's all she wrote - they'll be in the top 2 for yrs - they already have a smoking squad.
Sven doesn't guarantee success. Let's slow our roll here.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m a little confused why Arsenal isn’t in for Rabiot on a free ... much better option than the Swiss Lorry
Why will Rabiot come to Arsenal? What have we got to offer? CL, money, chance of winning the league and/or CL????

You guys need to get real and accept our current place in the football pecking order. Arsenal have nothing to offer Rabiot that makes us attractive to him. That's our reality.

Is this some kinda reflexive, talk nonsense approach?

Where else is he gonna go? At Arsenal he has a coach who gave him a chance in a star studded team. He will be living in London and will be playing in the EPL. And oh yeah, Arsenal can still make the champions league via two routes and pay pretty damn well.

Bushman try and use ya brain smh
Notice, you avoided the most important factor - MONEY!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are truly deluded. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what football universe you are in but you need to wake up and smell the coffee. I am a realist, I never kid myself despite being an optimist because the game has made me so. Here is reality.

Top footballers who are free agents want:

1) Lots of money. According to Emery, we have no money. Look at us this window, do we look like we have money? We could not afford Ramsey, but we can afford Rabbiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2) They want CL football. We are not in the CL and do not look like being in the CL next season.

3) They want to win league titles and CL. We do not look like winning either.

Arsenal have many other attractions like London and being a big club. But when you cannot make one of the 3 main criteria above, you do not even try for a certain rejection.

Forget players like Rabbiot right now, we have no chance.

Right now, we are shopping at our level and we are struggling to get a deal done. Maybe we might get lucky if a desperate club in need of cash comes to our aid. Rabbit is above our level right now.

Again you are talking nonsense . Arsenal didn’t sign Ramshyt because they didn’t think he was worth the expenditure .... it had nothing to do with being able to afford it :idea:

Secondly I guarantee you that Arsenal will spend in the summer, they are playing negotiating games with these claims of having little funds ... stop being so naive ... nah wah for you sef :roll: :roll: Oya go read textbook and statsdna
So they are keeping the powder dry for better times and you are supporting this policy. You are even using Wenger lines to defend the policy. You don become the spokesman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How times have changed. :taunt: :taunt:

I remember how you disturbed this forum, when I defended the same policy. When did you change? See chameleon. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Sven doesn't guarantee success. Let's slow our roll here.
My brother. Man tire. :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:See this WaYo man Waffi.

Arsenal lost on Friday and he went into hiding. Now days later e don come out with all his fake bluster and cunny ways .... Cheiii this man will never change

Sometimes when you chop cane. You need to go lick your wounds quietly first, then come out all guns blazing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:Poch says top 4 is much better than trophies. That trophies make coaches feel good with themselves only.

Wenger was torn to pieces for saying how important top 4 is. Now, Poch the darling says the same few years later.
:rotf:

You mean the "inept" Wenger said this?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cally wrote:Poch says top 4 is much better than trophies. That trophies make coaches feel good with themselves only.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You believe that lies from Poch if truly he mean any trophies :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ? :rotf: :rotf: let him go coach Chelsea,manu,Liverpool and City and repeat that nonsense...
Level get Level,top 4 is better than FA cup and league cup I believe that is what he likely mean.Wenger never said top 4 is better than any trophies,so why bring Boss Wenger into this?Wenger saying top 4 is important is different from saying top 4 is better than trophies.
I will take Arsenal finish 10 and win CL or Europa than finish 4th and win nothing :rotf: :rotf:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I’m a little confused why Arsenal isn’t in for Rabiot on a free ... much better option than the Swiss Lorry
Why will Rabiot come to Arsenal? What have we got to offer? CL, money, chance of winning the league and/or CL????

You guys need to get real and accept our current place in the football pecking order. Arsenal have nothing to offer Rabiot that makes us attractive to him. That's our reality.

Is this some kinda reflexive, talk nonsense approach?

Where else is he gonna go? At Arsenal he has a coach who gave him a chance in a star studded team. He will be living in London and will be playing in the EPL. And oh yeah, Arsenal can still make the champions league via two routes and pay pretty damn well.

Bushman try and use ya brain smh
Notice, you avoided the most important factor - MONEY!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are truly deluded. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what football universe you are in but you need to wake up and smell the coffee. I am a realist, I never kid myself despite being an optimist because the game has made me so. Here is reality.

Top footballers who are free agents want:

1) Lots of money. According to Emery, we have no money. Look at us this window, do we look like we have money? We could not afford Ramsey, but we can afford Rabbiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

2) They want CL football. We are not in the CL and do not look like being in the CL next season.

3) They want to win league titles and CL. We do not look like winning either.

Arsenal have many other attractions like London and being a big club. But when you cannot make one of the 3 main criteria above, you do not even try for a certain rejection.

Forget players like Rabbiot right now, we have no chance.

Right now, we are shopping at our level and we are struggling to get a deal done. Maybe we might get lucky if a desperate club in need of cash comes to our aid. Rabbit is above our level right now.

Again you are talking nonsense . Arsenal didn’t sign Ramshyt because they didn’t think he was worth the expenditure .... it had nothing to do with being able to afford it :idea:

Secondly I guarantee you that Arsenal will spend in the summer, they are playing negotiating games with these claims of having little funds ... stop being so naive ... nah wah for you sef :roll: :roll: Oya go read textbook and statsdna
So they are keeping the powder dry for better times and you are supporting this policy. You are even using Wenger lines to defend the policy. You don become the spokesman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How times have changed. :taunt: :taunt:

I remember how you disturbed this forum, when I defended the same policy. When did you change? See chameleon. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Bia are you that cheap red wine again? I know you are master of double speak but cmon men what is this :woot: :rotf: :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:See this WaYo man Waffi.

Sometimes when you chop cane. You need to go lick your wounds quietly first, then come out all guns blazing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At least you admit you’re Lilly Livered :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Really hope this Persic deal is only a loan, Arsenal had better land Monchi this summer as Emery and Raul are way out their depth in the transfer market.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bk-one wrote:Ozil/Kola/Xhaka/Iwobi/Emery...yada Yada. ...the only constant in that pathetic mess is the constantly absent leach at the top...Stan %$#@^& Kroenke.....everybody and their momma knows that team is light on personnel but what does he do.....call for more austerity...then have the %$#@^& audacity to talk about ambition. No manager can succeed in that mess
Anyways...keep on blaming players and the manager....that is exactly what Kroenke is banking on...he did that with Wenger and he is gonna do it with players/managers as long as nobody is calling for his head..he is fine with it.
Kroenke did not Buy Mustafi, Xhaka, nor is it on him Arsenal have lost likes of Sanchez, Ramsey, Welbeck and Wilshere for a sum total of 0 pounds.

Kroenke owned teams Nuggets, Rams and Av's all thriving thanks to their respective NBA, NFL and NHL sporting operations. Nope this mess is the making of bad decisions from Arsenal football ops over the years.
Thriving as in?
Where was he when the said players were bought. Inaction especially from the top brings about mediocrity. Refusal to release funds when the club is in clearly in need of investments is bad management. Waiting till your cash cow which is the champions league is threatened then that is when you releasing funds (not even from your own pocket) is bad management because clubs will know that you are desperate thus quote you ridiculous figures ( Valencia with Mustafi ). Panic last minute contract negotiations as with Ozil, Ramsey and Sanchez situations is due to bad management from the top (absent owner who only reacts when he is faces with losing money ;not from his pocket ). There is no clear strategy at Arsenal because the owner does not know what he wants out of the club besides absently milking the cow that is Arsenal football club.

Saying all that doesn't excuse other parties in this sorry mess but remember the said actions of the likes of Gazidis/Wenger/Òzil/Emery/fill in whichever name, is due to the fact that they were allowed to do so by an owner who cares about money than the overall welfare of the football club.

Done ranting and I am gonna go back to my initial question....what do you mean by thriving?
Rams are in the Super Bowl..you know the game the decides who wins the championship.

The Nuggets are second in the West only behind a certain team called the Golden State Warriors.

Avalanche set to make playoffs again+they have Ottawa Senators 1rd pick unprotected, meaning the Avalanche a legit playoff team will land a top 5 pick, potentially could snag 1st pick overall after hoodwinking Ottawa in Duchene trade.

Stan is not a meddling owner, allows teams sporting ops to run the show. Again on that list only Arsenal is a shite show thanks poor decisions by likes of Gazidis and AW.

Again no one forced football ops at Arsenal to allow players such as Sanchez, Ramsey, Welbeck and Wilshere to walk for literally 0 pounds. No one forced Arsenal football ops to spend close to 90 MP on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez.

Won't even get into absurdly mismanaged wage bill.
TG, puleese - common now. I was a LA Rams fan b4 i ever knew Stan existed - he helped Georgia_F move that team to St Louis. Making the Super Bowl is a huge deal but to compare the Nuggets position in the West just b4 the All Star Break is stretching real badd!!! Stan ain't no (Jerry Buss) who went out of his way to make sure the Lakers either won it all or were in the mix. Can't remember the Nuggets making the NBA final since Stan came in.
You obviously ignore the NBA & NFL cash dynamics & the refusal by American fans to put up with the b/s we Gooners go through here. Defend Stan if you must but false equivalents - nah!!!!
Not defending Stan.

Simply factually pointed out Stan's organizational model, which is allow sporting operations to do their jobs without interference. Stan does not make rash decisions, stuck by Jeff Fisher for far to long. Can't ignore reality Stan owned teams have a track record for unearthing quality GM's i.e Les Snead, Masai Ujiri, Karnišovas, Sakic.

Let's be blunt there two large subsets of Gooners...

1. Gooners who can't let go of AW and take glee in any Arsenal seback under Emery.

2. Gooners who predicted once AW departs Arsenal would enjoy an unprecedented success, with PL and CL titles raining down upon THOF.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Really hope this Persic deal is only a loan, Arsenal had better land Monchi this summer as Emery and Raul are way out their depth in the transfer market.

Lol..better joing siddonlook mode
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Really hope this Persic deal is only a loan, Arsenal had better land Monchi this summer as Emery and Raul are way out their depth in the transfer market.

I hold a contrary view. I'd be very happy if we get Perisic for 3 years at least. Different strokes.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cally wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

I hold a contrary view. I'd be very happy if we get Perisic for 3 years at least. Different strokes.

Three Years?????

Is this guy OK??

WTF :scared: :scared: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Wetin man no go read for CE :rotf:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cally wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Ah then we will start complaining when he is always injured, tired or no wan do CM work only AM work ? @ 29 plus 45 M Dallasssss ..choi I fo sabi play football o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

I know we need a wide forward we could do with one who can play on the right side. But it is just a numbers game. I say so because he is not an upgrade on Iwobi. The stats tell me, Perisic has 3 goals and 1 assist in 1300 league minutes this season. Iwobi has 2 goals and 4 assists in 1100 league minutes. Perisic averages 0.9 successful dribbles per 90 minutes, while Iwobi averages 2.4. He is no upgrade, just the need for numbers.

Also, rumours claiming we have gone back in for Cahill. Another loan deal with option to buy.