Squad for U-20 Nations Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Squad for U-20 Nations Cup

Post by truetalk »

FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Akpan Udoh (Unattached); Olawale Oremade (Oasis FC); Detan Ogundare (Kogi United)

Defenders: Mike Zaruma (Plateau United); Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba International); Igoh Ogbu (Rosenburg FC, Norway); Solomon Ogberahwe (El-Kanemi Warriors); Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba International); Olasunkanmi Aliyu (Emmanuel Amuneke Academy)

Midfielders: Peter Eletu (Prince Kazeem Academy); Quadri Liameed (36 Lions); Aniekeme Okon (Akwa United); Jamil Muhammad (Kano Pillars); Afeez Aremu (IK Stat, Norway)

Forwards: Adamu Alhassan (Kano Pillars); Yahaya Nazifi (Sonderjyske FC, Denmark); Ibrahim Aliyu (Oasis FC); Adeshina Gata (Wikki Tourists); Ibrahim Abubakar (Plateau United); Okoh Victor (Real Sapphire FC); Maxwell Effiom (Enyimba International)

https://sports.yahoo.com/nigeria-name-s ... 19094.html
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Squad for U-20 Nations Cup

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Akpan Udoh (Unattached); Olawale Oremade (Oasis FC); Detan Ogundare (Kogi United)

Defenders: Mike Zaruma (Plateau United); Ikouwem Utin (Enyimba International); Igoh Ogbu (Rosenburg FC, Norway); Solomon Ogberahwe (El-Kanemi Warriors); Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba International); Olasunkanmi Aliyu (Emmanuel Amuneke Academy)

Midfielders: Peter Eletu (Prince Kazeem Academy); Quadri Liameed (36 Lions); Aniekeme Okon (Akwa United); Jamil Muhammad (Kano Pillars); Afeez Aremu (IK Stat, Norway)

Forwards: Adamu Alhassan (Kano Pillars); Yahaya Nazifi (Sonderjyske FC, Denmark); Ibrahim Aliyu (Oasis FC); Adeshina Gata (Wikki Tourists); Ibrahim Abubakar (Plateau United); Okoh Victor (Real Sapphire FC); Maxwell Effiom (Enyimba International)

So we have a player from an academy in the U20 squad? Is this another Nigerian soccer prodigy? We have had several of these in recent years, the most current being then 16 year old Dele Adeleye.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Yes .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

If this team qualifies for the U20 world cup...

Nigeria would have three teams competing in tournaments over the summer - the Super Eagles at AFCON 2019, the Super Falcons at the WWC in France, and the Flying Eagles at the WYC in Poland. This would constitute a good test of the administrative capacity of the NFF.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Gotti wrote:If this team qualifies for the U20 world cup...

Nigeria would have three teams competing in tournaments over the summer - the Super Eagles at AFCON 2019, the Super Falcons at the WWC in France, and the Flying Eagles at the WYC in Poland. This would constitute a good test of the administrative capacity of the NFF.
...and as usual, the Super Falcons may be treated like neglected step-children. The year will be a challenge for Pinnick and company. Factor in the u20 AFCON next month and the u23 tourney coming up later in the year, along with the usual continental commitments and the needed friendlies during FIFA windows.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Obong wrote:
Gotti wrote:If this team qualifies for the U20 world cup...

...and as usual, the Super Falcons may be treated like neglected step-children. The year will be a challenge for Pinnick and company. Factor in the u20 AFCON next month and the u23 tourney coming up later in the year, along with the usual continental commitments and the needed friendlies during FIFA windows.
Doesn't seem so this time as the NFF have a complete program for the Falcons and are already executing it.

They just came back from China this week and are preparing for the Cyprus tournament end of Feb. The have 2 matches lined up in April - Canada & Spain, as well as the fact that their final training camp is already booked in Austria. They will also play 2 further matches before heading to France so I think they would covered this time.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

truetalk wrote:FULL SQUAD

Afeez Aremu (IK Stat, Norway) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I know Utin is a highly rated LB and I've also heard a lot about Aremu, other than those 2 who are the star/stand out players in this squad?

I'm suprised things didn't work out for Udoh in Isreal. He looked very good at the U17 world cup. In my opinion, he even looked better than Alampasu did at the U17 level. Anyway he is still young and can get his career back on track.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

??? That is a complete fallacy!
Just to remind you...Dele WON the golden glove in that tournament - Udoh wasn't even considered.

Even though I wish the kid all the best in his footballing career, not surprised he struggled in Isreal.
For one, he is rather short, considering the trend in world football today to go for tall keepers. Not sure the kid is even 6ft tall.
olu wrote:I know Utin is a highly rated LB and I've also heard a lot about Aremu, other than those 2 who are the star/stand out players in this squad?

I'm suprised things didn't work out for Udoh in Isreal. He looked very good at the U17 world cup. In my opinion, he even looked better than Alampasu did at the U17 level. Anyway he is still young and can get his career back on track.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I disagree. Although Dele won the golden glove in 2013, I still think Udoh did better in 2015. It may just mean the goalies in the 2015 tournament played at a highler level than those in 2013. Udoh was one of the best goalies in the 2015 tournament, although the goalie from Mali won the golden glove.

Also though Udoh is not as tall as Dele, he is at least 6 feet, so he is not short.

Otitokoro wrote:??? That is a complete fallacy!
Just to remind you...Dele WON the golden glove in that tournament - Udoh wasn't even considered.

Even though I wish the kid all the best in his footballing career, not surprised he struggled in Isreal.
For one, he is rather short, considering the trend in world football today to go for tall keepers. Not sure the kid is even 6ft tall.
olu wrote:I know Utin is a highly rated LB and I've also heard a lot about Aremu, other than those 2 who are the star/stand out players in this squad?

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Well, to each his own, bro.
BTW, Kelechi Nwakali is listed as 5'11"
olu wrote:I disagree. Although Dele won the golden glove in 2013, I still think Udoh did better in 2015. It may just mean the goalies in the 2015 tournament played at a highler level than those in 2013. Udoh was one of the best goalies in the 2015 tournament, although the goalie from Mali won the golden glove.

Also though Udoh is not as tall as Dele, he is at least 6 feet, so he is not short.

Otitokoro wrote:??? That is a complete fallacy!

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

thenffofficial instagram account just went live showing the final training match/session for the U-20 boys in the Abuja National Stadium Training pitch, they are looking good an Rohr is there to watch them. :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!