Should Showboating players be kicked off the park..?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lakdarbelloumi
Egg
Egg
Should Showboating players be kicked off the park..?

Post by lakdarbelloumi »

There is a lot of talk about the Neymar incident yesterday Against a Strasbourg player. Neymar doing a bit of showboating and got kicked mercilessly by the Strasbourg player.
Did he deserve to get kicked? Does anybody have any sympathy for him?
Is his showboating different from what someone like Jay Jay used to do?
I think Neymar is not smart enough and he brings a lot of this on himself, as good of a player as he is.

https://talksport.com/football/480884/n ... bow-flick/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should Showboating players be kicked off the park..?

Post by oloye »

So dribbling a player by flicking the ball over their head is now showboating and one to be cut out of the game..... The world is truly losing it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Perhaps Leroy Jones Jr should be stripped of his Hall of Fame standing...or a point deduction for Lemechenko? A disqualification for both the moboting Mo Farrah and arms outstretched, slowing to cross the finish line Usain Bolt...if one has the ability, they're well within right to showcase it. Was it not Man City who completed 50 odd passes before dispatching, every player having had a touch...all 11 sent off and Pep forced to go in for a 50/50 with a grass-cutting Eric Bailly.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

lakdarbelloumi wrote:Did he deserve to get kicked? Does anybody have any sympathy for him?
No! Some do have sympathy for him but many do not .... :D
lakdarbelloumi wrote:Is his showboating different from what someone like Jay Jay used to do?
It's situational but generally the same thing.
lakdarbelloumi wrote:I think Neymar is not smart enough and he brings a lot of this on himself, as good of a player as he is.
He would still get kicked regardless maybe not as much. In Brazil, the officials protected him to a fault because he developed the habit of diving n rolling, which is another way he protects himself but over does it.

In short, if a player dribbles, they'd better be good enough to evade the fouls or know how to protect themselves effectively because they will attract fouls, legal or otherwise. Some of those fouls will be given, some not. The player should decide how to deal with the fouls, calls and no calls within the context of helping the team.

There is a bit of a cultural clash though. The Strasbourg coach(?) stated that Neymar's use of his back to pass a ball when he didn't have to in a prior game was showboating. Maybe, but it could also have been a lad having fun and expressing himself.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

‘Ladkar Belloumi’, now that was a player!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bad belle.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

If you're talking about this incident, he did nothing wrong. The guy was hacking away at him and for once he tried to stay on his feet rather than go down in theatrics. From the clip, it seems he later embarrassed the guy with the overhead flick but that was after the guy repeatedly fouled him.

[/video]
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes