Wow! Rangers Goal v Enyimba Certainly Among the best......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wow! Rangers Goal v Enyimba Certainly Among the best......

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Wow! Rangers Goal v Enyimba Certainly Among the best....

Post by 1naija »

Is there a concerted effort to try to devalue this site with all these posts about low level teams? Just asking!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote:Is there a concerted effort to try to devalue this site with all these posts about low level teams? Just asking!
You mean the Arsenal posts? :???:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Lovely build up play. The goal started with the goalie being able to pick out a player in the opposing half. Maybe that's why the likes of Pep and Klopp are in love with keepers that can distribute the ball.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
like butter... :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
1naija wrote:Is there a concerted effort to try to devalue this site with all these posts about low level teams? Just asking!
:clap: :clap: :clap: or the united threads.. it is so pathetic, now the mods are merging threads of Nigerian players all into one thread,, leaving multiple epl threads.. all over the forum..They can have their forum and enjoy the epl 24/7....
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: or the united threads.. it is so pathetic, now the mods are merging threads of Nigerian players all into one thread,, leaving multiple epl threads.. all over the forum..They can have their forum and enjoy the epl 24/7....
Bigpokey24,

They can't have the forum. The Forum belongs to Nigerian football and not EPL. We are not leaving this place!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have given up, They've merged all the last threads i opened, so i just went and deleted the thread for them.. many of us don complain tire, let them enjoy the forum ..Once beaten twice shy.. left to me they should call this section EPL nest
SuperEagles

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
:rotf: don't take our resident ocho passenger seriously abeg.

Beautiful goal! :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: . Gbenga Ogunbote is proving to be the real deal.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enugu II wrote:
That's my Rangers :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: .................That's my beloved Team. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I hate to disappoint you by telling you the truth but lets face it - these so called Rangers are not really 'Rangers'; they don't really command the same sentiments even remotely close to Real Rangers. Yes I get it its all generational and can be transformational but you can never extrapolate history hence there 's really no reason for them to be great except trying to fit into shoes they will never fit into
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...poor boy :sad: :sad:
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

jette1 wrote:I hate to disappoint you by telling you the truth but lets face it - these so called Rangers are not really 'Rangers'; they don't really command the same sentiments even remotely close to Real Rangers. Yes I get it its all generational and can be transformational but you can never extrapolate history hence there 's really no reason for them to be great except trying to fit into shoes they will never fit into
Sir, please pardon my slowness but I don't quite understand this. Please be so kind to explain who the Real Rangers are, and why you think there is a disconnect between the 'Real Rangers' and 'these so called Rangers'. What is the difference between Rangers and other historical clubs around the world who do not see this disconnect between the present and past.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ukwala wrote:
jette1 wrote:I hate to disappoint you by telling you the truth but lets face it - these so called Rangers are not really 'Rangers'; they don't really command the same sentiments even remotely close to Real Rangers. Yes I get it its all generational and can be transformational but you can never extrapolate history hence there 's really no reason for them to be great except trying to fit into shoes they will never fit into
Sir, please pardon my slowness but I don't quite understand this. Please be so kind to explain who the Real Rangers are, and why you think there is a disconnect between the 'Real Rangers' and 'these so called Rangers'. What is the difference between Rangers and other historical clubs around the world who do not see this disconnect between the present and past.
You asked a number of valid rational questions but here is the most glaring one; Rangers amassed the kind of followership they did for completely diffrent reasons which have been exhausted in many writings other than football even though their success in football became an added weapon. That followership was generational and could have been transformed in ways so that succeeding generations continue the followership as you find with many European teams irrespective of succeeding generational differing life philosophies & time. Funding and infusion of capital with ultra modern stadia etc ensure people have reasons to buy season tickets. You have to incentive modern followership. Don't forget people even walked for miles back in the day to get to stadium even with no guarantee they would get into the stadium. That is the kind of fanaticism Rangers of old commanded. No body is going to do that in 2019 hence you have to find creative ways to generate a different kind of fanaticism. Just look at that empty stadium and I'm sure the players after watching old Rangers stadium footages must say to themselves - are we really Rangers.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

jette1 wrote:
ukwala wrote:
You asked a number of valid rational questions but here is the most glaring one; Rangers amassed the kind of followership they did for completely diffrent reasons which have been exhausted in many writings other than football even though their success in football became an added weapon. That followership was generational and could have been transformed in ways so that succeeding generations continue the followership as you find with many European teams irrespective of succeeding generational differing life philosophies & time. Funding and infusion of capital with ultra modern stadia etc ensure people have reasons to buy season tickets. You have to incentive modern followership. Don't forget people even walked for miles back in the day to get to stadium even with no guarantee they would get into the stadium. That is the kind of fanaticism Rangers of old commanded. No body is going to do that in 2019 hence you have to find creative ways to generate a different kind of fanaticism. Just look at that empty stadium and I'm sure the players after watching old Rangers stadium footages must say to themselves - are we really Rangers.
I think I get your point now. As you noted, the circumstance of Rangers birth and the cult followership by the locals was unique. Rangers represented much more than a football club; it was the heart, soul and voice of the people at the time. That situation does not exist today. The general apathy of fans to the NPFL is however a concern and yes, the NFF, LMC, and club owners should find innovative ways to stimulate interest in the league.