Osimhen to AC Milan?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen to AC Milan?

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Is Milan even a "big club" today?
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

Milan is always a big club! Always! Milan is the second biggest club in Italy and still the second biggest one Europe. When Real Madrid had a wretched period, were Madrid considered no longer a big club? Or United?
They are as prestigious as European teams go, but a top player would be more likely to consider moving to a Man City than a Milan.
I was going to say --- "If the player wants to make more money, yes."

But then, I thought I should say one name to end this argument --> "Leonardo Bonucci"
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

Milan is always a big club! Always! Milan is the second biggest club in Italy and still the second biggest one Europe. When Real Madrid had a wretched period, were Madrid considered no longer a big club? Or United?
They are as prestigious as European teams go, but a top player would be more likely to consider moving to a Man City than a Milan.

But then, I thought I should say one name to end this argument --> "Leonardo Bonucci"
Special case, his son has a condition. Milan will be the more prestigious for the rest of the century most likely but City is "en vogue", that's the point I was making.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

Special case, his son has a condition. Milan will be the more prestigious for the rest of the century most likely but City is "en vogue", that's the point I was making.
yea, a special case, isnt it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fact is that you said no top player will consider a move to Milan over Man City. Bonucci rejected Man City for Milan. FACT!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

Imagine

:shock: :shock:

AC Milan is a great club. Just going through some trying times right now.
I believe it doesn't invalidate what I said. He asked "today" as in "right now". Same thing you've just suggested.

They've been going through trying times for close to a decade now. Since their whole legal issue.

Is Ajax a big club today?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

Imagine

:shock: :shock:

AC Milan is a great club. Just going through some trying times right now.
I believe it doesn't invalidate what I said. He asked "today" as in "right now". Same thing you've just suggested.

They've been going through trying times for close to a decade now. Since their whole legal issue.
Today, as in right now, Milan is the second biggest club in Italy (second to Juventus) and second biggest in Europe (second to Real Madrid).

You can say that they have not been successful lately, which is true, but its factual that Milan is a big club.

The likes of Liverpool have won NOTHING in years, while Arsenal has won nothing of note in years, and I am sure you will call them "big clubs."

Is Ajax a big club today?
Yes. Aside from their prestige, past success and political power in European football, in the last 5 years:

2014 - first
2015 - 2nd
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd

Can you say the same thing for Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Tottenham?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
It's really not.
Oh wow! Unbelievable!

yea, a special case, isnt it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fact is that you said no top player will consider a move to Milan over Man City. Bonucci rejected Man City for Milan. FACT!
This I never said. The definition of big club is subjective and open to interpretation, my usage in this instance clearly refers to recent history and current reputation aka who's hot right now. I am not debating Milan's history, nor their prestige wrt being at the forefront of Europe's elite.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote: Yes. Aside from their prestige, past success and political power in European football, in the last 5 years:

2014 - first
2015 - 2nd
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd

I like this, now I posit this question to you, would any of these teams be seen as a step down from Ajax for a current player?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote: Yes. Aside from their prestige, past success and political power in European football, in the last 5 years:

2014 - first
2015 - 2nd
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd

I like this, now I posit this question to you, would any of these teams be seen as a step down from Ajax for a current player?
You'll have to speak to current footballer. I am not a footballer.

P.s-- from a fan's perspective, I think you are mixing "league" with "team." The English league is clearly more attractive than the Dutch league. Financially, tv exposure...etc etc. etc... So, it should be a surprise that a player will even leave Ajax and go to Leicester or Newcastle or Southampton. I take it that you consider Leicester, Newcastle and Southampton bigger clubs than Ajax?

Afterall, Max Meyer left Schalke to play for Crystal Palace. Let me guess, Palace is better than Schalke?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Piatek scores again :atc: :atc: ..The polish get strikers o

Lewa
Milik
Piatek

Nice ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates