Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17493
Location: Super Eagles Homeland

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 732
Does this move help keep him out of the SE?
I get the jitters whenever I see the scared face between our goal posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 30798
Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11720
Location: seattle
pajimoh wrote:
Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D


Apkeyi concocted ineptitude is one of the biggest myth on CE;
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Last edited by jette1 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2324
I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17493
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
olu wrote:
I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.


The point made above is the real issue.

You wonder why Akpeyi agreed to move to the Chiefs. Yes, Chiefs is one of the two most supported clubs in South Africa and perennially among the country's best. This year, however, they are down a bit. Khune is Chiefs' #1 and also South Africa's #1 goalkeeper. This means, Akpeyi is not likely to get a fair shake as #1 as soon as Khune is back from injury. I my view, Akpeyi is definitely good enough to have moved to another PSL club. It may have been an unnecessarily desperate move on Akpeyi's part, considering that his current club -- Chippa United -- is definitely going down to Division II but I feel he would have gotten a better club (chance of being the starter) if he waited to move after the season.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:14 pm
Posts: 2164
Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature

_________________
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24806
Location: your girls place
Mzekezeke wrote:
Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature



Don't count on it bob. The guy is below average.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 30798
jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D


Apkeyi concocted ineptitude is one of the biggest myth on CE;
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing

Are you done with your mouth diarrhoea? Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and I've seen him for club and country.
There are many good shot stoppers around but what makes you a good goalkeeper includes how you command your area, the confidence your team gets knowing you're in goal and is often derived from their trust in your ability.
Then there's consistency and a whole lot more besides.

Simply put, Akpeyi is average. The basis errors he makes even makes one wants to make an excuse that he's an outfield player just helping out with goalkeeping duties. Mssshhhheeww

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11720
Location: seattle
pajimoh wrote:
jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D


Apkeyi concocted ineptitude is one of the biggest myth on CE;
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing

Are you done with your mouth diarrhoea? Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and I've seen him for club and country.
There are many good shot stoppers around but what makes you a good goalkeeper includes how you command your area, the confidence your team gets knowing you're in goal and is often derived from their trust in your ability.
Then there's consistency and a whole lot more besides.

Simply put, Akpeyi is average. The basis errors he makes even makes one wants to make an excuse that he's an outfield player just helping out with goalkeeping duties. Mssshhhheeww

assuming you meant the basic error.
well then; The maternity where you were delivered should be investigated

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 30798
jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
jette1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Akpeyi will turn KC in KFC of the South African League. :tic: Every team will be licking their fingers after playing them :D


Apkeyi concocted ineptitude is one of the biggest myth on CE;
Yes I get it he didn't make first impression when he got the opportunity between SE posts. How this one isolated event took a life of its own only happens in the land of idiots especially after dude has came back and proved himself time and time again. if dude is bad he would be at 3SC and not in the best league in Africa. Band wagon is a very bad thing

Are you done with your mouth diarrhoea? Akpeyi is not a good goalkeeper and I've seen him for club and country.
There are many good shot stoppers around but what makes you a good goalkeeper includes how you command your area, the confidence your team gets knowing you're in goal and is often derived from their trust in your ability.
Then there's consistency and a whole lot more besides.

Simply put, Akpeyi is average. The basis errors he makes even makes one wants to make an excuse that he's an outfield player just helping out with goalkeeping duties. Mssshhhheeww

assuming you meant the basic error.
well then; The maternity where you were delivered should be investigated

It's settled then. You have nothing more to contribute. Go chase your granny Smiths

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 2052
I am not sure its a good move for him coz he is only signed as cover for Itumeleng Khune.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 45275
olu wrote:
I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.



So they could not sign any other goalkeeper in the world? Kaiser Chiefs are a big club in Africa. They won't waste money on you unless you are good. Akpeyi is a good goalkeeper, period!

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Mzekezeke wrote:
Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature

What, no George Lebese in your signature? Where did he go wrong, that boy could have gone far.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9453
Location: loughborough.
1naija wrote:
olu wrote:
I heard they signed him cause their first choice goalie is injured. We'll see if he can retain a starting spot after the previous first choice recovers.



So they could not sign any other goalkeeper in the world? Kaiser Chiefs are a big club in Africa. They won't waste money on you unless you are good. Akpeyi is a good goalkeeper, period!

He is better than the so-called no1 SE GK.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 24993
Location: Ikeja
That's a good move :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:42 pm
Posts: 4685
Mzekezeke wrote:
Akpeyi welcome to the greatest football club in the world. Maybe you too will one day be immortalised in my signature


As a Zimbabwean one name stands out for me from that signature of yours. The one and only Edson Muguyo. Long before he show cased his skills south of the border he turned for the legendary Zimbabwe Saints or Mashonaland FC as it was known in Rhodesia.

Edson Mguyo Zimbabwes first footballing export

Sadly most Zimbabweans would not even know who the hell Edson Mguyo is. He is still with us today residing in Zimbabwes second city Bulawayo

_________________
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 13778
Baptism of fire for Akpeyi. He is starting in the Soweto derby.

Goodluck to him


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ANC, Bing [Bot], fledy, Google [Bot], okidoki and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group