Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9453
Location: loughborough.
maceo4 wrote:

We went through 3 keepers during WC qualifying from Ikeme to Akpeyi to Ezenwa. The last two didn’t really inspire confidence and they all conceded...Ikeme vs Zambia, Ezenwa conceded in 2 of the four games he played (Cameroon and Algeria return legs). Akpeyi conceded in the one WCQ game he played against Algeria, also 2 in the ANC qualifier vs South Africa, one in the first half vs Argentina in the friendly which Uzoho took over and kept a clean sheet in the second half. I don’t know how we can say the alternatives are clearly better than Uzoho given these facts. One can argue he has the biggest upside sha, but none of them is ideal or clearly the favorite.
Second half clean sheet! What about the clean sheets in the WC friendly matches and WC....

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38493
Location: Land of the Terrapins
fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

We went through 3 keepers during WC qualifying from Ikeme to Akpeyi to Ezenwa. The last two didn’t really inspire confidence and they all conceded...Ikeme vs Zambia, Ezenwa conceded in 2 of the four games he played (Cameroon and Algeria return legs). Akpeyi conceded in the one WCQ game he played against Algeria, also 2 in the ANC qualifier vs South Africa, one in the first half vs Argentina in the friendly which Uzoho took over and kept a clean sheet in the second half. I don’t know how we can say the alternatives are clearly better than Uzoho given these facts. One can argue he has the biggest upside sha, but none of them is ideal or clearly the favorite.
Second half clean sheet! What about the clean sheets in the WC friendly matches and WC....


Your contention is what again? That the others would have kept a cleansheet instead? Based on what? I already said none of them is ideal. They are all about the same level ultimately way below NT level but you have to pick one...so I don’t fault Rohrs GK coaches choice they train them and know what’s up. Luckily for Uzoho you can’t directly blame him for the goals he conceded at the WC, but he did get clean sheets vs Iceland and Poland. He’s younger and hopefully will have a higher ceiling than the other two.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:00 pm
Posts: 1054
Dammy wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Uzoho is mediocre. The worst thing that can happen to Nigerian football is if Uzoho goes to the ANC as our #1 and Nigeria does relatively well. That would perpetuate mediocrity on the national team :!:


Cheers.



Yes because the likes of Akpeyi who is a journeyman in South Africa and Ikechuwku Ezenwa who is 3rd choice at Eyinmba are far better options :roll: :dream:


Do you even know what journeyman the means :?: :!:


Cheers.

Journeyman made a journey from naija to South Africa :lol:


Correcticus, correcticum. KPOM, KPOM, KPOM to that. Answer don jam question be that :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9453
Location: loughborough.
maceo4 wrote:
Your contention is what again? That the others would have kept a cleansheet instead? Based on what? I already said none of them is ideal. They are all about the same level ultimately way below NT level but you have to pick one...so I don’t fault Rohrs GK coaches choice they train them and know what’s up. Luckily for Uzoho you can’t directly blame him for the goals he conceded at the WC, but he did get clean sheets vs Iceland and Poland. He’s younger and hopefully will have a higher ceiling than the other two.

My guy speak to anyone who has access to the coaching crew. Uzoho was chosen not because he was better than others, he was chosen because of his height. Rohr prefers tall goalkeepers. That's the main reason he was chosen. Playing 'abroad' also played a factor.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2795
Nigerians are never satisfied Nigerians are impatient and do not believe in “process” you want an already made product with going through the progress. The likes of akpeyi and ezenwa should slap themselves for allowing an 18 year old walk and grab that number position. Uzoho is presently our best choice he is 19, inexperienced and still new. He has done fairly decent thus far and now set piece is no longer an issue. The guy had a decent performance at the end World Cup none of the goals conceded was his fault just give him time to progress or provide a better alternative but if your alternatives are Old enyeama or akpeyi or ezenwa then STFU


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9453
Location: loughborough.
john12 wrote:
Nigerians are never satisfied Nigerians are impatient and do not believe in “process” you want an already made product with going through the progress. The likes of akpeyi and ezenwa should slap themselves for allowing an 18 year old walk and grab that number position. Uzoho is presently our best choice he is 19, inexperienced and still new. He has done fairly decent thus far and now set piece is no longer an issue. The guy had a decent performance at the end World Cup none of the goals conceded was his fault just give him time to progress or provide a better alternative but if your alternatives are Old enyeama or akpeyi or ezenwa then STFU

Just SHARRAP!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11087
As long as he is in the first 11 every week, it will help him. Who knows, they may eventually make the move permanent. Need to consider Osigwe too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46735
jette1 wrote:
Cyprus ke for what, to deliver letter to the Corinthians ?

this automatically hand the starting jersey to Ezenwa or Apkeyi who are at least plying their trade in footballing nations


:lol: :lol:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know why you guys are responding like this. It seems you dont know Nigerians.

Enyeama was 10th choice goalkeeper at Lille, posting videos of empty training and they wanted him to go to the world cup as the first choice. Uzoho is going out on loan to get match fitness and sharpness for the Nations Cup and they want him out of the team.

Please, read the above and try to analyze both sentences.

Most people will be befuddled. However, if you truly know Nigerians to the core, you will just smile.


I'll let Enyeama ruin your weekend....


:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAOO @ "ruin your weekend." Never forget: I ruined your summer (2018) and I ruined Enyeama's summer (2018) and future plans! :lol:

Unfortunately, for you, Enyeama is yesterday's man. No one thinks about him these days.


Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7841
YAAWWWNNNN!
This is becoming extremely BORING!
Can you let the man retire in peace, instead of forcefully trying to make him relevant when he clearly isn't?
Geez!
Obong wrote:
Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12815
Otitokoro wrote:
YAAWWWNNNN!
This is becoming extremely BORING!
Can you let the man retire in peace, instead of forcefully trying to make him relevant when he clearly isn't?
Geez!
Obong wrote:
Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12815
Enyeama is irrelevant to me and to Nigerian football. Like I told you before, he will NEVER play for Nigeria again. Never. Now, he spends his days cutting okra. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will suggest that you come to terms with that, okay? :rotf:

Obong wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Obong wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know why you guys are responding like this. It seems you dont know Nigerians.

Enyeama was 10th choice goalkeeper at Lille, posting videos of empty training and they wanted him to go to the world cup as the first choice. Uzoho is going out on loan to get match fitness and sharpness for the Nations Cup and they want him out of the team.

Please, read the above and try to analyze both sentences.

Most people will be befuddled. However, if you truly know Nigerians to the core, you will just smile.


I'll let Enyeama ruin your weekend....


:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAOO @ "ruin your weekend." Never forget: I ruined your summer (2018) and I ruined Enyeama's summer (2018) and future plans! :lol:

Unfortunately, for you, Enyeama is yesterday's man. No one thinks about him these days.


Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Otitokoro wrote:
YAAWWWNNNN!
This is becoming extremely BORING!
Can you let the man retire in peace, instead of forcefully trying to make him relevant when he clearly isn't?
Geez!
Obong wrote:
Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.


Kindly direct your ire at danfo driver whose intense hatred for a Nigerian legend is a study in psychosis.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12815
Obong wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
YAAWWWNNNN!
This is becoming extremely BORING!
Can you let the man retire in peace, instead of forcefully trying to make him relevant when he clearly isn't?
Geez!
Obong wrote:
Keep hallucinating. Actually, it was Enyeama's call. Developments showed that Rohr wanted him to show up in camp. Enyeama, for personal and family reasons, decided to give it a pass (despite tremendous pressure from even high-up football fans like Saraki and the former and present Akwa Ibom Governors, not to mention well-regarded Cybereagles). He stuck to his guns. He still shows up in your nightmares, though.


Kindly direct your ire at danfo driver whose intense hatred for a Nigerian legend is a study in psychosis.


I dont hate Enyeama at all. In fact, like i mentioned last year, I was one of the few who supported him when Ayo named him En-yama-yama.

However, Enyeama's selfishness and his supporter's greed, last year, truly showed me who he and his supporters are. Enyeama brought it upon himself. He will go down as a selfish person who tarnished his legacy. Today, no one talks about him--aside from 2-3 people on CE who are on his payroll.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group