CAF CL Lobi Stars (Nig) 0 - 1 Wydad (Mar) link incl.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: CAF CL Lobi Stars (Nig) 0 - 1 Wydad (Mar) link incl.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They missed so many chances, they were the better team..Wydad goalie was on serious form
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:They missed so many chances, they were the better team..Wydad goalie was on serious form
BP is finally growing up. Matured analysis. Lobi was the better team, even if not dominant. The ref and the Wydad keeper were the major factors in the game, with the naive defending being a minor factor. They need to sort out the touch and go fouls in the box though. It is costing them big time.

BP, you hid from me in Texas last Summer. I will be back this Summer. You will not escape beating for all your years of truancy on this forum.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lobo will find it difficult getting out of this group with a home result like this. Wydad will be through with an intimidating home crowd. Likely taking most max points at home against other teams.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:Lobo will find it difficult getting out of this group with a home result like this. Wydad will be through with an intimidating home crowd. Likely taking most max points at home against other teams.
I think so too. Wydad and Mamelodi Sundowns in the driving seat for now. Lobi will need to win their remaining home game against Asec (doable) and get something from their 2 away games against Wydad and Sundowns (tough!).
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Lobo will find it difficult getting out of this group with a home result like this. Wydad will be through with an intimidating home crowd. Likely taking most max points at home against other teams.
I think so too. Wydad and Mamelodi Sundowns in the driving seat for now. Lobi will need to win their remaining home game against Asec (doable) and get something from their 2 away games against Wydad and Sundowns (tough!).
The highlighted is very very tough. I believe Wydad and Raja have perhaps the most intimating home grounds in the continent. Man, psychologically Lobi would have to be fully prepared because the margin can be huge.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mazembe are doped up on tycoon money. Africa's answer to PSG.
zee wrote:
zee wrote:Meanwhile TP Mazembe (Drc) is hammering Club Africain (Tun)....................7 - 0 :scared: :scared: :lol:

Make it..........8-0 :woot: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Lobi lacked firepower.... That said that WAC keeper made so astonishing saves. Morro o have always been blessed with keepers, from the days of Zaki Badou.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:Lobi lacked firepower.... That said that WAC keeper made so astonishing saves. Morro o have always been blessed with keepers, from the days of Zaki Badou.
Great Keeper :thumbs: ...............1986 WC comes to mind.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

truetalk wrote:Ref either on the take or very weak. He should have sent at least one WAC player off, especially when they were shoving him all over the place in the 1st half.

Lobi is a good side, but the WAC keeper has been massive.

Lobi needs a result away from home to stand a chance. They also need to cut out the silly fouls in the box for soft penalties. They have now conceded 3 penalties in the last 2 games.
As I thought, WAC is not really better than Lobi. The defending was better today, as the boys stayed on their feet in the box.

No margins for error now. Beat Asec at home and beat Sundowns away.