[TBL] ManCity (3-1) Arsenal. SIXTH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: [TBL] ManCity (3-1) Arsenal. SIXTH

Post by bk-one »

anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:I understand not playing Özil(due to certain flaws in his game) but replacing him with players who are not better and whose output is worse is what is pissing me off. Arsenal is not better defensively without Özil and they aint better offensively either so why not give him a consistent run of games like he is doing to some inferior players. Give him a chance like he is doing to the likes of Mikhi.

Are you saying Unai hasn’t given Ozil chances ????

Wait what???

:rotf: :rotf:
We both know that even if i present you with proof to show that he hasnt given him enough chances, its not gonna change anything.

Unlike you....I am aware of Özil's limitation but at the same time I do appreciate his good qualities(the fact that no midfielder has created more chances than him since 2006 till now).

You have shown the incapability to be objective when it comes to Mesut Özil. so arguing with you about anything Mesut Özil is just a waste of time.

Sorry...lets just not do that.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:I understand not playing Özil(due to certain flaws in his game) but replacing him with players who are not better and whose output is worse is what is pissing me off. Arsenal is not better defensively without Özil and they aint better offensively either so why not give him a consistent run of games like he is doing to some inferior players. Give him a chance like he is doing to the likes of Mikhi.

Wait what???

We both know that even if i present you with proof to show that he hasnt given him enough chances, its not gonna change anything.

Unlike you....I am aware of Özil's limitation but at the same time I do appreciate his good qualities(the fact that no midfielder has created more chances than him since 2006 till now).

You have shown the incapability to be objective when it comes to Mesut Özil. so arguing with you about anything Mesut Özil is just a waste of time.

Bros so in other words you don admit say you no get evidence? Ok no problem we gorrit :taunt: :taunt: :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait what???

Bros so in other words you don admit say you no get evidence? Ok no problem we gorrit :taunt: :taunt: :D
In other words its a futile endeavor trying to reason with you when it comes to anything Mesut Özil.

Like I said....lets just not do it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Come end of season, the assnal spammers go open another thread..shame no dey catch dem 4th year on and no champs league
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:I love iwobi, like every Nigerian player. But what about the 67mins he got today justifies Ozil being on the bench
What about the system and the role he has been asked to play? Iwobi is half the player or no players on the right side, then you ask him to play with Lichsteiner, who he has not played with all season in a role on the right he has hardly played all season.

Then, have a look at the left side where Iwobi plays all his best games having developed a partnership with either Kolasinac or Monreal. Why play Kolasinac there?

We could not play out from defence and were reduced to long balls. Here is the most typical passing sequence in the game by Arsenal. Leno to Lichtsteiner. Lichtsteiner to Koscielny. Koscielny to Leno. Leno to Guendouzi. Guendouzi to Monreal. Monreal to Leno. Leno to Mustafi. With nothing on in the face of City's press, Mustafi hoofs it back to City.

Did we improve when he subbed Iwobi? We did not. Arsenal's flaws were from the back and they were exploited by City.

I love Emery but his choices and tactics today leaves a lot to be desired. It is no wonder, he is coming in for stinging criticisms on social media.
Welcome to yesterday.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:I love iwobi, like every Nigerian player. But what about the 67mins he got today justifies Ozil being on the bench
What about the system and the role he has been asked to play? Iwobi is half the player or no players on the right side, then you ask him to play with Lichsteiner, who he has not played with all season in a role on the right he has hardly played all season.

Then, have a look at the left side where Iwobi plays all his best games having developed a partnership with either Kolasinac or Monreal. Why play Kolasinac there?

We could not play out from defence and were reduced to long balls. Here is the most typical passing sequence in the game by Arsenal. Leno to Lichtsteiner. Lichtsteiner to Koscielny. Koscielny to Leno. Leno to Guendouzi. Guendouzi to Monreal. Monreal to Leno. Leno to Mustafi. With nothing on in the face of City's press, Mustafi hoofs it back to City.

Did we improve when he subbed Iwobi? We did not. Arsenal's flaws were from the back and they were exploited by City.

I love Emery but his choices and tactics today leaves a lot to be desired. It is no wonder, he is coming in for stinging criticisms on social media.
Serious question waffi, based on available players what were Emery options?
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ARSEnal been dragged back to 6th :woot:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait what???

In other words its a futile endeavor trying to reason with you when it comes to anything Mesut Özil.

At 34/90 years Lichtenstein is a far better fullback than Bellerin

Well considering you said the above, I should consider never taking ya understanding of football seriously :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait what???

Well considering you said the above, I should consider never taking ya understanding of football seriously :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
You are an expert Anik
Last edited by bk-one on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I see some fans going off blaming Iwobi :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Also some blaming why Ozil did not start as if he is better than those that start in such set up.
This result the coach take the blame,we could have compete better than we did.
I will give him a chance to correct his poor performance come next year,but if same rubbish then he is in a longer welcome after 2 years.
We have not actually done better than last year,at this same stage we are 6th but two more points,so he get a pass because the last regime over stay and had the team he is using. So Emery get a pass but like I said earlier we sign him,it was good to kick Wenger out but Emery was never my choice as he is an average coach not what some try to push on us after Wenger stay 90 years.Two years in PSG first season lsot the league to a young Monaco team and give away 4 goals lead.He will need to wake up as he will not last pass 3 years,dam may be just two season...
A coach that cant take PSG to top places with those quality of players has failed and it brings the question how can he do it with Arsenal that have the quality of players in PSG?
Good luck to the team and Emery.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Wait what???

You are an expert Anik

Nna why the sensitivity nah. Na small yabs son :mrgreen: . I know you would happily return da favor if the shoe was on the other foot :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Serious question waffi, based on available players what were Emery options?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The same crap their were playing.