Guys, where do you obtain your Naija soccer news?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KIZONZO
Egg
Egg
Re: Guys, where do you obtain your Naija soccer news?

Post by KIZONZO »

Eagles Nest forum on CE
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Complete sports, owngoal and aoi are the best. CE is no longer a niaja soccer site.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It used to be here but it's now CyberEPL.com
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

1naija wrote:It used to be here but it's now CyberEPL.com
W can't eat our cakes and still have them. The few CE members that have their ears to the ground and have the information have been hounded out of CE.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

balo wrote:
W can't eat our cakes and still have them. The few CE members that have their ears to the ground and have the information have been hounded out of CE.

Yup! Patrick and innercaucus were great but now we have no one. I remember the days when SE squad lists and game day line ups were first reported on CE, sometimes a day before kick off.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

balo wrote:
...could it be they were hounded because they take brownish envelop and present slanted stories :???:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
...could it be they were hounded because they take brownish envelop and present slanted stories :???:
More like the unfounded insinuations and accusations like the one above. :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Nope.
Inner Caucus was spot on 9 times out of 10 with his SE inside stories and lineups.
Patrick was just invaluable with his insights, scouting and knowledge of upcoming talent.

Both were subject to regular abuse which made no sense.

'Brown envelopes'?
The insults continue... :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Nope.
Inner Caucus was spot on 9 times out of 10 with his SE inside stories and lineups.
Patrick was just invaluable with his insights, scouting and knowledge of upcoming talent.

'Brown envelopes'?
I remember feeling like Obasanjo when I share the line up in one of my football groups before games and was correct.
Now all those bragging rights gone.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Nope.

'Brown envelopes'?
...if they are providing great line-ups, inside stories, etc, and yet get criticized, why are they getting mad (if their infos are true). A factual news source provider never gets angry unless they know their method is questionable.

I'll never get angry if I say something that I know is true, all I will do is ignore the critics and move on to next project, providing the 'invaluable' line-ups.
But why would I care about a team's line-ups when it will be shown the first seconds before kickoff?
Those that have a lot to gain and or lose are the ones that get mad, including the providers of line-ups, or that some player slapped some player with a a flip flop and shiit like that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Nope.

'Brown envelopes'?
...if they are providing great line-ups, inside stories, etc, and yet get criticized, why are they getting mad (if their infos are true). A factual news source provider never gets angry unless they know their method is questionable.

I'll never get angry if I say something that I know is true, all I will do is ignore the critics and move on to next project, providing the 'invaluable' line-ups.
But why would I care about a team's line-ups when it will be shown the first seconds before kickoff?
Those that have a lot to gain and or lose are the ones that get mad, including the providers of line-ups, or that some player slapped some player with a a flip flop and shiit like that.
Bro, sometimes you just decide you don't need to be tolerating regular insults just because you are sharing info with people who wouldn't dare address you 'anyhow' face to face.
Its the nature of social media and some are okay with it, some aint.
Its their prerogative.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
balo wrote:
Nope.

'Brown envelopes'?

Bro, sometimes you just decide you don't need to be tolerating regular insults just because you are sharing info with people who wouldn't dare address you 'anyhow' face to face.
Its the nature of social media and some are okay with it, some aint.
Its their prerogative.
...I hear you, some folks take these stuff too far, both sides. I ignore, they don't feed me, provide for me, unless the payers feels the 'polls' are not in their favor anymore.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Imho, both Muyiwalawal and Patrick provided important information but I do not believe their departure led to dearth of news. If you had been on this site back in the mid-1990s you will note that those two were not here but yet news flowed. The difference between then and now is the increased liberalization of type of football news allowed here which has turned the site from a Nigerian football news site and discussion to EPL and perhaps some have left because this is no longer a place solely for Nigerian football. Instead it has become one of numerous sites where you can discuss EPL. The only thing that makes this is gradually being lost because of EPL invasion. Mods have done their bit by trying to collapse these EPL threads but I am afraid that they are losing that battle.

IMHO, let's describe this site for what it is. It is about GLOBAL FOOTBALL. It is a lie to continually describe it as a site for NIGERIAN FOOTBALL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I only turned up on this site because 9 times out of 10 when I googled the name of an 'old school' Nigerian player, coach or Club, links to here were right at the top of the results lists.

Maybe it is time for a separate sub-forum for EPL or European football in general, memorable threads are getting difficult to encounter (for me at least).
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think the Administrators and Moderators killed this site! There was EPL when Allard and Larry ran the site .. all of a sudden the site cannot survive one second without letting it be an EPL site? Let's face it, this site is like an APC run government. Sometimes I am here for a full month without visiting the Eagles nest!
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:I think the Administrators and Moderators killed this site! There was EPL when Allard and Larry ran the site, yet all of a sudden the site cannot survive one second without letting it be an EPL site? Let's face it, this site is like an APC run government. Sometimes I am here for a full month without visiting the Eagles nest!
the mods especailly waffiman, will merge Nigerian football news into one thread( 4 threads about SE players were merged into one game thread and there is still a false thread about match fixing still on page one.. their goal is to destroy the forum ..FACT..instead they go on an on about EPL ..just look at what a ghana man tfco has done to this site..all united, news
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved