So, Kenya vs Nigeria WC Qualifiers Were Fixed!?! Hmm....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
So, Kenya vs Nigeria WC Qualifiers Were Fixed!?! Hmm....

Post by Kabalega »

Fifa want match-fixing probe into Kenyan 2010 World Cup tie

Kenyan footballer George Owino
Kenya footballer George Owino has denied any wrongdoing with regard to Fifa's claims
Fifa wants a full investigation into allegations that several Kenya internationals were fixed, including a 2010 World Cup qualifier.

The move by football's world governing body follows a preliminary investigation into the roles of former Kenya international George Owino and convicted match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal.

A ten-page Fifa report says it has prima facie evidence of the pair conspiring to manipulate and influence the result of several international matches.

"Fifa is currently looking into the matter and an investigation into alleged match-manipulation in Kenyan football is underway," a Fifa spokesperson told BBC Sport.

The allegations refer to internationals played by Kenya between 2009-2011, which include a World Cup clash against Tunisia which the latter won 1-0.

"Mr Owino … appears to have conspired to manipulate international matches and enter into corrupt agreements with Mr Perumal," stated Fifa's preliminary investigation report.

Owino, who played for Kenya between 2008 and 2015, has denied any wrongdoing.

Meanwhile, Perumal, who has previously been convicted for match-fixing in Finland and Hungary, has yet to publicly comment on the latest allegations.

The report dated September 2018 has only just come to light.

Fifa relied on email exchanges between the pair, dating from June 2009 to March 2011, in the assessment of its preliminary findings.

The Zurich-based organisation maintains that Perumal, a Singaporean, contacted Owino and two other players in the Kenyan team with instructions relating to the October 2009 game against Tunisia.

According to Fifa's report, Perumal's instructions via email were: "Note that if u loose (sic) by 1-0 to Tunisia u will end up with nothing. I want a 3-0 score line."

There are further claims that Perumal wanted unidentified games at the Nile Basin tournament in Egypt in January 2011 to be manipulated.

Tunisian players scoring a goal
Tunisian players scoring the goal that saw them beat Kenya 1-0 in a 2010 World Cup qualifier that is being investigated by Fifa
An international friendly between Kenya and South Africa the following month is also under scrutiny.

Fifa's fourth area of interest is a plan Owino appeared to make with Perumal whereby the Kenyan would be recruited by an unidentified football club in Australia to influence matches.

"The purpose I am gonna bring you there is for business," Perumal purportedly wrote to Owino in an email dated 27 March 2010.

"But you are to remain loyal to me only… Salary each month 30,000 US. If I say loose (sic) u do as I say. Or else you wont see your salary. DEAL."

Two days later, an apparent reply from Owino's account stated: "Fine no problem cz even me a wnt a good life 4 my family so I will do as u say so. is there trials or is jst direct signin."

The final part of the evidence presented in the Fifa report are emails said to be from Owino in which he admits receiving money from Perumal.

"Yes, thank u very much n may u b blessed," one such e-mail reportedly stated.

Perumal, who was arrested for match manipulation offences in 2011, has revealed in the past that he has successfully infiltrated several African countries.

Owino last played for Kenyan side Mathare FC.

Fifa is already investigating another 2010 World Cup qualifier in Africa with regard to possible match-fixing, as it probes a match between Sierra Leone and South Africa from 2008.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47131272
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: So, Kenya vs Nigeria WC Qualifiers Were Fixed!?! Hmm....

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mods, enough is enough, the article said Tunisia. This is agaisnt forum rules...I think the OP should be banned
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Mods, enough is enough, the article said Tunisia. This is agaisnt forum rules...I think the OP should be banned
I agree
I am happy
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

The 3rd goal was a gift to Nigeria. Their team was weak.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It is shocking this thread is still here. If it was a thread about naija players, the mods would have merged it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:The 3rd goal was a gift to Nigeria. Their team was weak.
Whose team?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

MODS..please do your jobs and abide by forum rules. The article makes no mention of nigeris yet the headline is outright inflammatory. The article needs to be taken down/title edited accordingly and the author banned as per forum rules.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:Fifa want match-fixing probe into Kenyan 2010 World Cup tie

Kenyan footballer George Owino
Kenya footballer George Owino has denied any wrongdoing with regard to Fifa's claims
Fifa wants a full investigation into allegations that several Kenya internationals were fixed, including a 2010 World Cup qualifier.

The move by football's world governing body follows a preliminary investigation into the roles of former Kenya international George Owino and convicted match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal.

A ten-page Fifa report says it has prima facie evidence of the pair conspiring to manipulate and influence the result of several international matches.

"Fifa is currently looking into the matter and an investigation into alleged match-manipulation in Kenyan football is underway," a Fifa spokesperson told BBC Sport.

The allegations refer to internationals played by Kenya between 2009-2011, which include a World Cup clash against Tunisia which the latter won 1-0.

"Mr Owino … appears to have conspired to manipulate international matches and enter into corrupt agreements with Mr Perumal," stated Fifa's preliminary investigation report.

Owino, who played for Kenya between 2008 and 2015, has denied any wrongdoing.

Meanwhile, Perumal, who has previously been convicted for match-fixing in Finland and Hungary, has yet to publicly comment on the latest allegations.

The report dated September 2018 has only just come to light.

Fifa relied on email exchanges between the pair, dating from June 2009 to March 2011, in the assessment of its preliminary findings.

The Zurich-based organisation maintains that Perumal, a Singaporean, contacted Owino and two other players in the Kenyan team with instructions relating to the October 2009 game against Tunisia.

According to Fifa's report, Perumal's instructions via email were: "Note that if u loose (sic) by 1-0 to Tunisia u will end up with nothing. I want a 3-0 score line."

There are further claims that Perumal wanted unidentified games at the Nile Basin tournament in Egypt in January 2011 to be manipulated.

Tunisian players scoring a goal
Tunisian players scoring the goal that saw them beat Kenya 1-0 in a 2010 World Cup qualifier that is being investigated by Fifa
An international friendly between Kenya and South Africa the following month is also under scrutiny.

Fifa's fourth area of interest is a plan Owino appeared to make with Perumal whereby the Kenyan would be recruited by an unidentified football club in Australia to influence matches.

"The purpose I am gonna bring you there is for business," Perumal purportedly wrote to Owino in an email dated 27 March 2010.

"But you are to remain loyal to me only… Salary each month 30,000 US. If I say loose (sic) u do as I say. Or else you wont see your salary. DEAL."

Two days later, an apparent reply from Owino's account stated: "Fine no problem cz even me a wnt a good life 4 my family so I will do as u say so. is there trials or is jst direct signin."

The final part of the evidence presented in the Fifa report are emails said to be from Owino in which he admits receiving money from Perumal.

"Yes, thank u very much n may u b blessed," one such e-mail reportedly stated.

Perumal, who was arrested for match manipulation offences in 2011, has revealed in the past that he has successfully infiltrated several African countries.

Owino last played for Kenyan side Mathare FC.

Fifa is already investigating another 2010 World Cup qualifier in Africa with regard to possible match-fixing, as it probes a match between Sierra Leone and South Africa from 2008.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47131272
Are you, Kabalega, saying that Nigeria fixed the match with Kenya in 2009? I cant see where the article says that.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Kabalega wrote:
Jubril Ogolo wrote:The 3rd goal was a gift to Nigeria. Their team was weak.
Whose team?
to be fair martin was off on that goal but who cares we had to in south Africa
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."