From that scrawny kid back in 2013.
Wishing him a continued rise. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm 

Damunk wrote:
The boy's neck muscles na wa.
From that scrawny kid back in 2013.

Wishing him a continued rise. :thumb:

I see what you did there

(Trying to highlight the fact that the lad has grown some since his under 17 days and is not an age cheat like some will undeniably think...well done bros)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:00 pm 

Taiwo missed the last match of the season today due to an injury from a match last week. I hope he is able to make it for the U23 call up...

https://www.completesports.com/awoniyi- ... on-brugge/

Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi is doubtful for Royal Excel Mouscron league clash against champions Club Brugge on Sunday at the Jan Breydelstadion ,Brugge, due to a knee injury, reports Completesports.com.

Awoniyi, 21, joined Mouscron on loan from English Premier League club Liverpool in January and has been in blistering form since the move.

The former youth international has scored seven goals in eight appearances for the modest side since his arrival at the club.

Awoniyi spent the first part of the season on loan at another Belgian club Gent, where he failed to register a goal in 16 league appearances.

He picked up the injury in Mouscron’ s 1-1 home draw against Sint Truiden last weekend.

The striker was replaced by Faiti Peirrot 15 minutes from time after picking up the injury.

The injury has also cast doubts on his availability for Nigeria’s Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Libya next week.

The former U-17 World Cup winner is expected to link up with the team for the game next week in Tunisia.

He is among the foreign- based professionals who made the final list of players for the two legged tie against Libya on billed for March 20th and 25th.

By Adeboye Amosu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:34 pm 

gurrano wrote:
Taiwo missed the last match of the season today due to an injury from a match last week. I hope he is able to make it for the U23 call up...

https://www.completesports.com/awoniyi- ... on-brugge/

Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi is doubtful for Royal Excel Mouscron league clash against champions Club Brugge on Sunday at the Jan Breydelstadion ,Brugge, due to a knee injury, reports Completesports.com.

Awoniyi, 21, joined Mouscron on loan from English Premier League club Liverpool in January and has been in blistering form since the move.

The former youth international has scored seven goals in eight appearances for the modest side since his arrival at the club.

Awoniyi spent the first part of the season on loan at another Belgian club Gent, where he failed to register a goal in 16 league appearances.

He picked up the injury in Mouscron’ s 1-1 home draw against Sint Truiden last weekend.

The striker was replaced by Faiti Peirrot 15 minutes from time after picking up the injury.

The injury has also cast doubts on his availability for Nigeria’s Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Libya next week.

The former U-17 World Cup winner is expected to link up with the team for the game next week in Tunisia.

He is among the foreign- based professionals who made the final list of players for the two legged tie against Libya on billed for March 20th and 25th.

By Adeboye Amosu

He played today (the full 90) and was instrumental to his teams' suprising away win at Clubbe Bruges. He's not injured, nor does he have any injury worries.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:09 am 

Taiwo put in quite the shift today and was only denied a deserved goal by a very good save...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm 

Hmm.. that is strange.. when I look up the match stats online using the link below, he was not even on the bench for this match.

http://tinyurl.com/yykhyfk7

Please can you point me at where you got the information that he played yesterday?

Gotti wrote:
Taiwo put in quite the shift today and was only denied a deserved goal by a very good save...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 am 

gurrano wrote:
Hmm.. that is strange.. when I look up the match stats online using the link below, he was not even on the bench for this match.

Please can you point me at where you got the information that he played yesterday?

Saw the game with my own eyes and he played all 90 minutes...
Often the lone striker upfront supported by a Belgian-Angolan lefty named Benson.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 am 

gurrano wrote:

Gotti wrote:

Take another look at your link. They've corrected their earlier mistake.