Awoniyi bouncing back??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Awoniyi bouncing back??

Post by Damunk »

The boy's neck muscles na wa.
From that scrawny kid back in 2013.
Wishing him a continued rise. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote:The boy's neck muscles na wa.
From that scrawny kid back in 2013.

Wishing him a continued rise. :thumb:
I see what you did there

(Trying to highlight the fact that the lad has grown some since his under 17 days and is not an age cheat like some will undeniably think...well done bros)
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

Taiwo missed the last match of the season today due to an injury from a match last week. I hope he is able to make it for the U23 call up...

https://www.completesports.com/awoniyi- ... on-brugge/

Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi is doubtful for Royal Excel Mouscron league clash against champions Club Brugge on Sunday at the Jan Breydelstadion ,Brugge, due to a knee injury, reports Completesports.com.

Awoniyi, 21, joined Mouscron on loan from English Premier League club Liverpool in January and has been in blistering form since the move.

The former youth international has scored seven goals in eight appearances for the modest side since his arrival at the club.

Awoniyi spent the first part of the season on loan at another Belgian club Gent, where he failed to register a goal in 16 league appearances.

He picked up the injury in Mouscron’ s 1-1 home draw against Sint Truiden last weekend.

The striker was replaced by Faiti Peirrot 15 minutes from time after picking up the injury.

The injury has also cast doubts on his availability for Nigeria’s Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Libya next week.

The former U-17 World Cup winner is expected to link up with the team for the game next week in Tunisia.

He is among the foreign- based professionals who made the final list of players for the two legged tie against Libya on billed for March 20th and 25th.

By Adeboye Amosu
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gurrano wrote:Taiwo missed the last match of the season today due to an injury from a match last week. I hope he is able to make it for the U23 call up...

https://www.completesports.com/awoniyi- ... on-brugge/

Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi is doubtful for Royal Excel Mouscron league clash against champions Club Brugge on Sunday at the Jan Breydelstadion ,Brugge, due to a knee injury, reports Completesports.com.

Awoniyi, 21, joined Mouscron on loan from English Premier League club Liverpool in January and has been in blistering form since the move.

The former youth international has scored seven goals in eight appearances for the modest side since his arrival at the club.

Awoniyi spent the first part of the season on loan at another Belgian club Gent, where he failed to register a goal in 16 league appearances.

He picked up the injury in Mouscron’ s 1-1 home draw against Sint Truiden last weekend.

The striker was replaced by Faiti Peirrot 15 minutes from time after picking up the injury.

The injury has also cast doubts on his availability for Nigeria’s Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Libya next week.

The former U-17 World Cup winner is expected to link up with the team for the game next week in Tunisia.

He is among the foreign- based professionals who made the final list of players for the two legged tie against Libya on billed for March 20th and 25th.

By Adeboye Amosu

He played today (the full 90) and was instrumental to his teams' suprising away win at Clubbe Bruges. He's not injured, nor does he have any injury worries.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Taiwo put in quite the shift today and was only denied a deserved goal by a very good save...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

Hmm.. that is strange.. when I look up the match stats online using the link below, he was not even on the bench for this match.

http://tinyurl.com/yykhyfk7

Please can you point me at where you got the information that he played yesterday?
Gotti wrote:Taiwo put in quite the shift today and was only denied a deserved goal by a very good save...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

gurrano wrote:Hmm.. that is strange.. when I look up the match stats online using the link below, he was not even on the bench for this match.

Please can you point me at where you got the information that he played yesterday?
Saw the game with my own eyes and he played all 90 minutes...
Often the lone striker upfront supported by a Belgian-Angolan lefty named Benson.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gurrano wrote:Hmm.. that is strange.. when I look up the match stats online using the link below, he was not even on the bench for this match.

Gotti wrote:Taiwo put in quite the shift today and was only denied a deserved goal by a very good save...
Take another look at your link. They've corrected their earlier mistake.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Liverpool have set a two-year deadline for Taiwo Awoniyi to secure his future
Jack Lusby
Liverpool FC News
17 September 2019

Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi has revealed a conversation with Jurgen Klopp that prompted him to join Mainz on loan, in a bid to qualify for a UK work permit.

Awoniyi has been unable to play for the Reds since his arrival from the Imperial Soccer Academy in 2015, spending the entirety of his time on the books away on loan.

After a mixed campaign with KAA Gent and Royal Excel Mouscron last time out, the Nigerian made arguably his biggest step yet as he joined Mainz in the Bundesliga in August.

The goal is to accrue enough experience in a top-five European league, along with on the international stage, to secure a UK work permit through the appeals process—though, so far, he is yet to start for Klopp’s old club.

He did, however, receive a call-up to the Nigeria under-23s squad for the September international break, starting in both games against Sudan.

And speaking to SportingLife.ng, Awoniyi explained that Klopp had told him that if he qualifies for a work permit “in the next one or two years” he has a future at Liverpool, but if not he would need to “move on.”

“I went to Mainz because it was where Klopp started,” the striker explained.

“It is like his home and he said ‘Taiwo, you can go there and make it your home too’.

“He said hopefully I would get my chance there and that maybe in the next one or two years the work permit is given and I could come back, but if not I would have to move on with my career.

“I think the most important thing to say about that is that Liverpool are still looking forward to me getting a work permit that will make me eligible to play in the Premier League.

“I believe just this past summer they had the best opportunity to sell me to another club permanently because they had a lot of clubs that showed interest in me.

“But then they said they were not selling because they they don’t need to sell me, and that I am an amazing talent that could still blossom. This was the reason they kept me.”

These are encouraging words for the 22-year-old, who spent pre-season at Melwood but was unable to feature during any friendlies due to injury problems suffered at the end of 2018/19.

But it remains unlikely that his future lies with Liverpool, particularly as he is not a regular starter at Mainz at this stage, and for his dream to come to fruition that would have see the Reds to play a serious long game.

For the club it is a win-win situation, as Awoniyi himself attested to big-money interest in his services this summer gone.

If he obtains a work permit and settles into an unlikely first-team role at Liverpool, that would benefit the side, but if he is unable to the Reds could make a significant profit on their £400,000 outlay four years ago.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/09/l ... is-future/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
In other words, time to move on.
A certain player who is in his 3rd EPL season at Watford didn't have any problems securing a work permit. When you come in from La Liga, it means something.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote:^^
In other words, time to move on.
A certain player who is in his 3rd EPL season at Watford didn't have any problems securing a work permit. When you come in from La Liga, it means something.
That player you speak of has wasted his career.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.