Victor Moses vs Zenit(Europa League )(1-0 FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses vs Zenit(Europa League )(1-0 FT)

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:Moses just isn't good enough as Chelsea's first choice winger. He has his moments, and there are some games that are tailored for him, but players like Moses (& Iwobi) will always be vulnerable when there is a change of regime/manager. If he were English, would he have played more? Very likely....but.... he's not, and his quality isn't undisputable...so he becomes disposable by a manager who sees things differently.

Managers make mistakes (and some are racist, incompetent twats), but in general, and I will repeat this over and over, club football is a good arbiter of talent. Moses has never been able to cut it consistently at the very top...he's been in and out of favor all his career...and mostly out. That signals that he's a next-tier talent. Its no wonder he's performing at Fenerbahce.
I hear you and don't necessarily disagree, but aside from him there's no other Nigerians playing at a comparable level as a Chelsea that are sure starters and not vulnerable to regime/manager changes. He's the best we got, we just have to manage him properly so he can be productive for the SE at the end of the day.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Victor Moses vs Zenit(Europa League )

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
okidoki wrote:The story of Moses is a lesson for those that bash our players, that end up not being considered for the first 11. See the same player that probably made matchday squad only 2-3 times. Been probably Fener’s best player. Sometimes it’s truly not fitting into a system, other times the color of skin probably comes in, or a player not being able to navigate the relationship mine field with coach.

Happy for him.
Ol boy, there's so many factors determining players form. Under Sarri you could see Moses was disinterested almost like he knew no matter what he did he wouldn't fit into the coaches plan. I remember under Mourinho he would ball and ball during pre-season only to get the customary loan move. But switch to Conte and he's suddenly a key player for 2 straight seasons. My thing is we need to support our 'proven' players, but the issue is as soon as they have a poor game some guys just want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Under Conte they switched him to a less attacking role which played to his strengths which are pace, dribbling and workrate. At wingback there wasn't a dependency on end product from him. In a team that uses traditional wingers, especially one that demands said wingers to be heavily contributing in goals and assists in a league with tough defenses like the prem, it was gonna be hard for him.
em Moses won the Europa League and scored 10 league goals for Chelsea while playing as a winger

[/video]

I just looked at his stats and he has only scored 7 league goals during his entire time at Chelsea in 87 appearances for Chelsea. If you count all competitions it's a disgraceful 18 in 128!!! Any team looking to win big titles (and no the Europa league doesn't count) is looking for more production out of their wingers. The point of wingers are to score and assist at that level.

Just to note as well, Willian who is crap as well still has a much better ratio of goals to games than Moses.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: your new flavors of the months are playing bench football in spain.. get this into yalls head.. if VicMO unretires, he walks into that SE.. Kalu or the new flavor of the month , will be benched ..FACT not feelings.. name any Nigerian Winger within the last 10 seasons, to score 10 goals in all competition...when you are done, wake me up

some of yall talk as if una get better options....so funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:Moses just isn't good enough as Chelsea's first choice winger. He has his moments, and there are some games that are tailored for him, but players like Moses (& Iwobi) will always be vulnerable when there is a change of regime/manager. If he were English, would he have played more? Very likely....but.... he's not, and his quality isn't undisputable...so he becomes disposable by a manager who sees things differently.

Managers make mistakes (and some are racist, incompetent twats), but in general, and I will repeat this over and over, club football is a good arbiter of talent. Moses has never been able to cut it consistently at the very top...he's been in and out of favor all his career...and mostly out. That signals that he's a next-tier talent. Its no wonder he's performing at Fenerbahce.
when you are done, name your better options who are Nigerians? :D :D I am waiting .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:

I hear you and don't necessarily disagree, but aside from him there's no other Nigerians playing at a comparable level as a Chelsea that are sure starters and not vulnerable to regime/manager changes. He's the best we got, we just have to manage him properly so he can be productive for the SE at the end of the day.
Oh absolutely. For Nigeria's sake, he should keep playing international football. He's without a doubt one of the best we've got, but that should also be indicative of Nigeria's prospects on the Intl. stage.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

when you are done, name your better options who are Nigerians? :D :D I am waiting .
Can't name any really. But that is more of an indictment than a badge of honor, I think
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Sammy Kalu, Henry Onyekuru, Chukwueze and my boy Junior Ajayi
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Sammy Kalu, Henry Onyekuru, Chukwueze and my boy Junior Ajayi
How exactly are they better? Moses is a proven player for SE, we need to learn to respect that. Same way we disrespected Musa (I included) but he's proven himself and we know if Moses comes he's playing ahead of these guys.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses vs Zenit(Europa League )

Post by wiseone »

His retirement does seem premature. The emergence of Kalu, Chukwueze, and Onyekuru makes his return less likely.
Flex Swift wrote:Do not why he retired but it would great if he returned to the national team we need his experience and talent. I hope this time around he plays with joy ..... no African defence can with stand a Victor Moses in attack mode.