Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 9646
Location: Osisi Nkwu
kalani JR wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Cally wrote:
My goodness gracious! What a player. He plays every game as if he's playing in his backyard, no matter the opposition or who is defending against him.

Someone said he's faster than their WiFi. The speed is scary, IQ incredibly high, silky touch with remarkable dribbling ability. This guy has got to be the first 500m pounds worth player.

He's a midfielder's delight. Just release that ball quickly, and he will make you an assist king. I'm in awe.


No, there is not. And to think that with just a little backing of Wenger, Arsenal could have got this kid. Tufia for the useless board.


Arsenal would have paid the fee PSG paid?


No. He was on a free from Monaco. He decided to re--sign with Monaco and then moved to PSG the following year.


I don't think he was ever "free".


Arsenal would have paid a fee to Monaco, as he was under 18. The deal failed on personal terms. Wenger was with his family, but Mbappe chose to stay at Monaco.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3599
wiseone wrote:
I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).


In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
First round of what? Euro 2020?

kalani JR wrote:
In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3599
wiseone wrote:
First round of what? Euro 2020?

kalani JR wrote:
In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.


I meant Qatar, I'm living in the future baby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9350
wiseone wrote:
I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).


You are right France has the players to win multiple WCs and Euros. What is scary to me is they won the WC last year without getting out of first gear. They were not tested in their 4 KO games and won without fielding their best players per position (e.g. they won with Giroud as their starting #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

On the other hand the dynamics are different when you are champion because everyone plays their best against you and you need to find the motivation to keep performing at a high level. Only time will tell if they have the killer instinct to earn their place as one of the great teams of history. But one can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle.

At the end of the day I think they'll win at least one more major trophy (either Euro or another WC) because I can't fathom otherwise with a team as stacked as what they currently have.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 33447
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
kajifu wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
No Neymar, no Cavani, no problem.

As great as Ronaldo was generally I'm not sure he could be regarded as a legend in the context of the Champions League.

And Mbappe?Oga he is regarded as a legend in the game,Ronaldo not wining the cl doenst mean he is not a legend in CL in my opinion.

I disagree. It's the same logic used in critiquing Messi's international record. As great a player as he is, as of now no one is ever gonna regard him as a world cup legend.

Ronaldo played for Inter, Barca and Real and yet never won the Champions League. It's at least worth a discussion.

Just for the record I think he's one of the greatest players ever and definitely one of my all time favs.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 35398
Heliopolis wrote:
Lets not be too quick to crown the kid but he is definitely something special. He's the best player I've seen at his age since Messi. On raw talent alone I think he'll win WPOY but to become an absolute legend he'll need the killer instinct that the likes of Ronaldo and Messi have. Those guys are the best in the world and train harder than anyone to stay on top. Does Mbappe have that in him? It can be easy for a player to become complacent after winning it all. He's basically a CL and Euro win away from having a complete trophy case. If that happens it'll be much easier for him to ball out in Ibiza rather than put in the hours necessary to go down as an all time great. I hope he continues to push himself because I can see this guy being the #1 player in the world for 5-10 years once Ronaldo and Messi bow out.

Ronaldo and Messi should not be eining anything AGAIN, they are all past it.Currently he is better than those two and i hope ronaldo and Messi never touch theror hand on wpoy award.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 32286
Location: Not Here
Heliopolis wrote:
wiseone wrote:
I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).


You are right France has the players to win multiple WCs and Euros. What is scary to me is they won the WC last year without getting out of first gear. They were not tested in their 4 KO games and won without fielding their best players per position (e.g. they won with Giroud as their starting #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

On the other hand the dynamics are different when you are champion because everyone plays their best against you and you need to find the motivation to keep performing at a high level. Only time will tell if they have the killer instinct to earn their place as one of the great teams of history. But one can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle.

At the end of the day I think they'll win at least one more major trophy (either Euro or another WC) because I can't fathom otherwise with a team as stacked as what they currently have.


France previous WC win was the same. Dugarry and Guivarc'h

_________________
_________________
Oyibo na Oyibo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10724
Good points.

LOL at "can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle" :rotf:

France definitely have the talent to win if their motivation matches the talent they have. Realistically, only Germany, Belgium, and Brazil should get close to them on a football pitch.


Heliopolis wrote:
wiseone wrote:
I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).


You are right France has the players to win multiple WCs and Euros. What is scary to me is they won the WC last year without getting out of first gear. They were not tested in their 4 KO games and won without fielding their best players per position (e.g. they won with Giroud as their starting #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

On the other hand the dynamics are different when you are champion because everyone plays their best against you and you need to find the motivation to keep performing at a high level. Only time will tell if they have the killer instinct to earn their place as one of the great teams of history. But one can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle.

At the end of the day I think they'll win at least one more major trophy (either Euro or another WC) because I can't fathom otherwise with a team as stacked as what they currently have.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 9646
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Mbappe and Vinicious Junior are the future!

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25348
Location: london
Having good coaches helps players like Mbappe to improve his game, cosches that will build teams around his qualities, give Mbappe to Mourinho, after 1 year, he will become a shadow of himself

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75221
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
2 sides to every shrining


_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25348
Location: london
tfco wrote:
2 sides to every shrining




Good player no doubt! Against United, i got the feeling they were showing off! They never imagined united to come back with 10 men out injured or suspended, even the score at half time did not bother them, they always felt they had more than enough to score and win outright!

They will learn, Mbappe is still young, those fancy tricks should be when you are winning comfortably

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 37473
Location: Somewhere
tfco wrote:
2 sides to every shrining



He can't do it on a rainy night in Paris....can he do it on Tuesday night at Stoke?
Placing my bets on Marcus Van Rashford.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: balo, Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group