U20 AYC BRONZE - NGR 0 vs SA 0 (SA WINS 3-5 on PKs)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: U20 AYC BRONZE GAME - NGR 0 vs SA 0 (FT)

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:Sorry, Mystic, but a massive overhaul might just be what the doctor ordered in this case.

This team is fundamentally poor, personnel wise. Their positional play, movements on and off the ball, players taking unnecessary extra touches on the ball and just the overall lack of situational awareness was evident in every match they played in this tournament. This just points to a glaring lack of footballing intelligence.

The U20 WC starts May 23rd. We therefore have about 3 months to build a new team. It can be done. We just need to manage expectations and know we cannot win the cup - making it to the quarters might be a reasonable target. However, the hope is that we can unearth some new talents to feed the pipeline.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Well, this just reinforces the fact that this team is poor. First time ever that we've come in 4th in this competition.
I had a feeling this would happen when it went into spot kicks.

We still have time to produce a solid team at the U20 WC. However, the bulk of this African U20 Championship team, save for one or two of them, need to be broomed out. They simply aren't intelligent enough!

Massive overhaul is a fire brigade approach and we know that doesn't work. Next up for the team is the Suwon tournament next month. Hopefully the coaches will be able to unearth a few additional players.

Last time we did that in 2009 what did we gain? Samson Siasia was brought in at the 11th hour and despite all his efforts we still flamed out at the U20 World Cup.

Conversely in 2015, when the Golden Eaglets underwhelmed at the African Qualifying tournament and everyone called for them to be disbanded; the NFF stuck by the team and they went on to win the World Cup.

More importantly, the days of Fire Brigade win at all costs measures are supposed to be behind us.

Now does the team need to be strengthened and improved?

Absolutely!

But a lot of that is already in the works.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: U20 AYC BRONZE GAME - NGR 0 vs SA 0 (FT)

Post by Otitokoro »

Let's hope that, indeed, plans are in the works to reinforce this team.
Otherwise, it most definitely will be a 'Three and out' appearance at the WC.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Sorry, Mystic, but a massive overhaul might just be what the doctor ordered in this case.

This team is fundamentally poor, personnel wise. Their positional play, movements on and off the ball, players taking unnecessary extra touches on the ball and just the overall lack of situational awareness was evident in every match they played in this tournament. This just points to a glaring lack of footballing intelligence.

The U20 WC starts May 23rd. We therefore have about 3 months to build a new team. It can be done. We just need to manage expectations and know we cannot win the cup - making it to the quarters might be a reasonable target. However, the hope is that we can unearth some new talents to feed the pipeline.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Well, this just reinforces the fact that this team is poor. First time ever that we've come in 4th in this competition.
I had a feeling this would happen when it went into spot kicks.

We still have time to produce a solid team at the U20 WC. However, the bulk of this African U20 Championship team, save for one or two of them, need to be broomed out. They simply aren't intelligent enough!

Massive overhaul is a fire brigade approach and we know that doesn't work. Next up for the team is the Suwon tournament next month. Hopefully the coaches will be able to unearth a few additional players.

Last time we did that in 2009 what did we gain? Samson Siasia was brought in at the 11th hour and despite all his efforts we still flamed out at the U20 World Cup.

Conversely in 2015, when the Golden Eaglets underwhelmed at the African Qualifying tournament and everyone called for them to be disbanded; the NFF stuck by the team and they went on to win the World Cup.

More importantly, the days of Fire Brigade win at all costs measures are supposed to be behind us.

Now does the team need to be strengthened and improved?

Absolutely!

But a lot of that is already in the works.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20 AYC BRONZE - NGR 0 vs SA 0 (SA WINS 5-4 on PKs)

Post by Gotti »

The bulk of this squad will likely be retained (and rightly so IMHO)...
Downside of this AYC showing is that we'll be in Pot 4 and thus likely end up with tough opponents.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: U20 AYC BRONZE - NGR 0 vs SA 0 (SA WINS 3-5 on PKs)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: you people are pathetic, you want to overhaul a u20 team...that never lost a single match...my goodness, this is a team meant to supply talents to the SE..you people will never learn
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: you people are pathetic, you want to overhaul a u20 team...that never lost a single match...my goodness, this is a team meant to supply talents to the SE..you people will never learn
Bigpokey24 therein lies the difference between different mentalities. One which believes there is always room for improvement and one which want's to remain a big fish in a small pond. Let's take it from here: How many goals did this team score? Were they able to learn from previous experiences and adapt their game accordingly? (ala SA)
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Go ahead and overhaul a u20 team... for goodness sake. This is youth football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: you people are pathetic, you want to overhaul a u20 team...that never lost a single match...my goodness, this is a team meant to supply talents to the SE..you people will never learn
BigTurkey, looks like you have been taking the brain growing supplements I sent you? :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cellular wrote:
BigTurkey, looks like you have been taking the brain growing supplements I sent you? :D :taunt:
Chairman, Punkey is growing up right in front of our eyes. Infact, I might just buy lunch for him rather than the previous plan of beating the living daylight of him, when I catch him in Texas.

Another person growing up right in front of us is Ohenhen. It is almost like someone logged in as him, with the posts he has been making in R&R.

As for the tournament, I wished we got to face Senegal, but I am happy they have other tournaments lined up.
The team conceded only one goal in 5 matches, so it certainly has its strengths. We also struggled to break down the somewhat organized teams we played, so an infusion of 2-4 players upfront and in a creative role could happen.

The likes of Osimhen & Chukwueze might be eligible, but I wonder if the guys in the SE would want to go to a Junior World Cup.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Chairman, Punkey is growing up right in front of our eyes. Infact, I might just buy lunch for him rather than the previous plan of beating the living daylight of him, when I catch him in Texas.

Another person growing up right in front of us is Ohenhen. It is almost like someone logged in as him, with the posts he has been making in R&R.

As for the tournament, I wished we got to face Senegal, but I am happy they have other tournaments lined up.
The team conceded only one goal in 5 matches, so it certainly has its strengths. We also struggled to break down the somewhat organized teams we played, so an infusion of 2-4 players upfront and in a creative role could happen.

The likes of Osimhen & Chukwueze might be eligible, but I wonder if the guys in the SE would want to go to a Junior World Cup.

NFF has ruled out the likes of Osimhen and Chukwueze for the team. The goal is to discover new talents and players who are already part and parcel of the Super Eagles are out.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This team is not bad. We only conceded 1 goal and lost by PKs to eventual champions Mali. It just needs some tweaks up front. I think Chukwueze would make a good addition to them team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Gatto feel bad for Senegal. This is the 3rd consecutive final they have lost.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

NFF has ruled out the likes of Osimhen and Chukwueze for the team. The goal is to discover new talents and players who are already part and parcel of the Super Eagles are out.

I think Chukwueze needs to be brought in to boost the team. He is still young and Raw. The U20 WC will do him and the team a lot of good. Oshimen OTOH is not eligible cos of his a age. He Turns 21 this year.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:
mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I think Chukwueze needs to be brought in to boost the team. He is still young and Raw. The U20 WC will do him and the team a lot of good. Oshimen OTOH is not eligible cos of his a age. He Turns 21 this year.
There is no need, let him have a proper pre-season with his club.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Makes perfect sense.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

bret- hart wrote:This team is not bad. We only conceded 1 goal and lost by PKs to eventual champions Mali. It just needs some tweaks up front. I think Chukwueze would make a good addition to them team.
Chukwueze cannot play in the world cup in May/June then play in the Nations Cup in June/July, that would be impossible. More so La liga business end would on the same time the u20 world cup starts, so just rule out any thought of Chukwueze or Osimhen joining this team.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Adisboy wrote:
bret- hart wrote:This team is not bad. We only conceded 1 goal and lost by PKs to eventual champions Mali. It just needs some tweaks up front. I think Chukwueze would make a good addition to them team.
Chukwueze cannot play in the world cup in May/June then play in the Nations Cup in June/July, that would be impossible. More so La liga business end would on the same time the u20 world cup starts, so just rule out any thought of Chukwueze or Osimhen joining this team.

I would rather he plays at the U20 world cup with other top class U20 players from around the world than waste away on the bench at the AFCON.