ROHR CALLS UP U20 DEFENDER?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR CALLS UP U20 DEFENDER?

Post by Gotti »

According to OwnGoal.com...
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/02/18/ex ... elles-tie/
Exclusive – Rohr Calls Up Nigeria U20 Defender Valentine Ozornwafor To Super Eagles Squad For Seychelles Tie
February 18, 2019

Head coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has picked Nigeria U20 defender Valentine Ozornwafor in his squad for the dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles next month, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Ozornwafor impressed Rohr with the way he marshalled the defence of Nigeria at the recently concluded Africa U20 Cup of Nations where Nigeria finished fourth after losing 3-5 on penalties to South Africa in the third place match.

Despite the overall poor performance of Nigeria at the tournament, Rohr was impressed with how Ozornwafor performed in all of the games he played for Nigeria at the tournament and told the handlers of the team of his plan to call him up for the Seychelles game.

The Enyimba defender who made the CAF Best XI of the tournament alongside captain Ikouwem Udoh Utin will train with the team next month when they resuming camping for the final game of the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers and also the friendly game against Egypt.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: ROHR CALLS UP U20 DEFENDER?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dead rubber....abeg explain to be when that rubber lived
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The new taribo! Dude is a no nonsense hard and clean tackling modern CD. This boy is going to Afcon! :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

See man mountain!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Germans and hard on for big big black defenders
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:According to OwnGoal.com...
Exclusive – Rohr Calls Up Nigeria U20 Defender Valentine Ozornwafor To Super Eagles Squad For Seychelles Tie
February 18, 2019

Head coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has picked Nigeria U20 defender Valentine Ozornwafor in his squad for the dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles next month, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Ozornwafor impressed Rohr with the way he marshalled the defence of Nigeria at the recently concluded Africa U20 Cup of Nations where Nigeria finished fourth after losing 3-5 on penalties to South Africa in the third place match.

Despite the overall poor performance of Nigeria at the tournament, Rohr was impressed with how Ozornwafor performed in all of the games he played for Nigeria at the tournament and told the handlers of the team of his plan to call him up for the Seychelles game.

The Enyimba defender who made the CAF Best XI of the tournament alongside captain Ikouwem Udoh Utin will train with the team next month when they resuming camping for the final game of the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers and also the friendly game against Egypt.
Why are they calling him Valentine if his name is James?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

February 18, 2019

Na wa for this picture. Aliu Salawudeen is identified as Zarumma and vice versa.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

February 18, 2019

Rohr had been talking up the possibility of inviting one or two of the Flying Eagles to the Super Eagles camp in March. Ozornwafor gets the nod over his equally impressive Centreback partner (Igho Ogbu) because he's a left footed defender - an attribute that Rohr has been looking for in one of our Central defenders.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Successful tournament for the FE.

But this is own goal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
February 18, 2019

Rohr had been talking up the possibility of inviting one or two of the Flying Eagles to the Super Eagles camp in March. Ozornwafor gets the nod over his equally impressive Centreback partner (Igho Ogbu) because he's a left footed defender - an attribute that Rohr has been looking for in one of our Central defenders.
Excellent.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:See man mountain!
Or see midgets around him. As a very very very tall guy (only Mudi is taller than me here), he looks average size to me.

:thumbs: :thumbs: to we tall guys.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:
Or see midgets around him. As a very very very tall guy (only Mudi is taller than me here), he looks average size to me.

Very very tall and jobless is not a good thing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
1naija wrote:

Very very tall and jobless is not a good thing.
I got a new job ....making sure the jobless CE posters get job this year by all means necessary!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:

must be something in the water in norman, 1naija and kyler murray, ou alums, lying about their height.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

As noted by the above congratulatory tweet of his parent club, Enyimba, he's more likely "Valentine Uzornwafor". I would love to see his International passport as to the validity of "James Ozornwafor". Maybe James is a middle name. As for the player's performance, he was massive all tournament.His Enyimba team-mate and team captain,Ikouwem Udo, showed consistency and class all through, and remarkably made the all-tournament team again after doing same at the WAFU version. Little wonder along with right back, Mike Zaruma, and solid central defender, Igor Ogbuh, Nigeria paraded the stingiest defence in the tournament, conceding just one goal in open play against Mali in the semi-final. While I advocate that the bunch be promoted to the u23 team, Rohr should also consider the other defenders. They were awesome. Can't wait to see how the unit perform at the u20 World cup.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

King Futcha wrote:
1naija wrote:

must be something in the water in norman, 1naija and kyler murray, ou alums, lying about their height.
Ask basketball shape and height bigpokey. He knows only Mudi and I are comparable in height!

:thumbs: :thumbs: to me .........and Kyler ....... and Boomer!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like that CAF 11 for Nigeria, 2 defenders.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

1naija wrote:

U wey nor tall pass Pontiac Fiero...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Obong wrote:
As noted by the above congratulatory tweet of his parent club, Enyimba, he's more likely "Valentine Uzornwafor". I would love to see his International passport as to the validity of "James Ozornwafor". Maybe James is a middle name. As for the player's performance, he was massive all tournament.His Enyimba team-mate and team captain,Ikouwem Udo, showed consistency and class all through, and remarkably made the all-tournament team again after doing same at the WAFU version. Little wonder along with right back, Mike Zaruma, and solid central defender, Igor Ogbuh, Nigeria paraded the stingiest defence in the tournament, conceding just one goal in open play against Mali in the semi-final. While I advocate that the bunch be promoted to the u23 team, Rohr should also consider the other defenders. They were awesome. Can't wait to see how the unit perform at the u20 World cup.
MAYBE SO, BUT...

...it's a basic responsibility of the reporters to get names correct and that can be accomplished simply by asking the NFF or the players for their official names. The other thing that needs to change is the tendency to interchange first and surnames willy nilly.
Bell
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Bell wrote:
Obong wrote:
MAYBE SO, BUT...

...it's a basic responsibility of the reporters to get names correct and that can be accomplished simply by asking the NFF or the players for their official names. The other thing that needs to change is the tendency to interchange first and surnames willy nilly.
Bell
You're right regarding the names interchange by players. A good example is the captain, Ikouwem. His first name is Ikouwem. I've however seen his full name listed either as Ikouwem Utin Udo or Ikouwem Udo Utin. He didn't help matters by having Ikouwem on the back of his jersey at the tournament. Right now, I can't figure out which is his last name- Utin or Udo?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How many of them will make it, like Awoniyi
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Rawlings wrote:How many of them will make it, like Awoniyi
The ones from Ghana :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

1naija wrote:

:rotf: Eveyone here is def shorter than Mudi. All the people I don see in person, wey dey say dem tall wella.. .cough Robb..cough are about average height. Uncle 1Naira? Anyway sha, Na out of respect I no go talk sha.