FT: Falcons 0 - 1 Belgium (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 2H: Falcons 4 - 3 Slovakia (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Post by truetalk »

Anyway

We don win!! Kokoriko!!

We don Win! Kokoriko!!!

We don Win! Kokoriko!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2H: Falcons 4 - 3 Slovakia (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Post by Gotti »

This is a preview of the WWC...
African teams have been saddled with the rep of being “physical” and refs will call PKs more liberally.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FT: Falcons 4 - 3 Slovakia (Cyprus Women's Cup) Plenty D

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Nice that they won but there are a lot of questions that need urgent answers... and btw, how does a ref justify 3 pks in one game, against the same team :?: :!:

Cheers.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Two pens in the space of 5 mins...
73rd and 76th min.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Nice that they won but there are a lot of questions that need urgent answers... and btw, how does a ref justify 3 pks in one game, against the same team :?: :!:

Cheers.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Better to understand now that our opponents go use wayo to getpenarity and we must be extra careful inside the box.

We must also learn to physical without giving away dumb fouls in critical areas.

Good lessons
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

how on earth does a team have complete command of a game by 3 zip at half time only to completely lose control like this
tufiakwa!!!
I'm sure there is no way these girls could be happy with this result even though they managed to escape another defeat. I can only imagine their almost heart attacks before the final whistle.
Next game is against Belgium and no more excuses. we need to see a disciplined approach even with a loss at least they would have given good account of selves
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:how on earth does a team have complete command of a game by 3 zip at half time only to completely lose control like this
tufiakwa!!!
I'm sure there is no way these girls could be happy with this result even though they managed to escape another defeat. I can only imagine their almost heart attacks before the final whistle.
Next game is against Belgium and no more excuses. we need to see a disciplined approach even with a loss at least they would have given good account of selves
Perhaps the coach lacked ‘professionalism’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:how on earth does a team have complete command of a game by 3 zip at half time only to completely lose control like this
tufiakwa!!!

Are you sure it was a lack of professionalism? Why not the likelihood that the team demonstrates naivety? :blink:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:
tufiakwa!!!
Are you sure it was a lack of professionalism? Why not the likelihood that the team demonstrates naivety? :blink:
JETTE got the point... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
tufiakwa!!!
This guy is very professional O! Does not roll on the floor like Okon, or kneel on the touchline like Omagbemi.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

tufiakwa!!!
GrandUncle Jette. At this stage, it seems you actually go out and research what really happened, and you come on the forum to predict the opposite, just for laughs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BueEMfYhwXU ... atch_again

Also, the coach might just be losing his professionalism. Is that him looking like he wants to join the dance?
Last edited by truetalk on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:
This guy is very professional O! Does not roll on the floor like Okon, or kneel on the touchline like Omagbemi.
Also did NOT get the performance Omagbemi got from her "kneeling"! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

A bad coach is a bad coach.

The Barcelona coach does kneel down and is professional, & can see a view at that horizontal level; you cannot see with your head on the ground.

Holland women's team trashed the Slovakia women's team 5-0 in 2019 world cup qualifying.

If it was Omagbemi/Chiejine coaching crew with the same lousy results what would you be saying?????
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:
tufiakwa!!!
JETTE got the point... :lol:
I see what you did there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

One thing to note is that the goalie got a red card in the 5th minute. As a result the Falcons played with 10 players for 85+ minutes of the game. In addition, apart from playing one player short, it also meant that they had to use up a sub immediately in the 5th minute sacrificing Cecilia Nku to bring in the backup goalie.

The game was scoreless till half-time

I did not watch the game and cannot comment on how they played nor can i offer any useful comments on the coaching but the red card is a factor to keep in mind.
truetalk wrote:https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/su ... up/z18v0r1

The Super Falcons of Nigeria lost 1-4 to their counterparts from Austria in their opening game of the Cyprus Women’s Cup played on Wednesday, February 27.
The Super Falcons last outing was a 4-1 to win 3rd place game at Meizhou's Four Nation Tournament held in China last January.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Another round of excuses for the coach...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 1H: Falcons 0 - 1 Belgium (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Post by truetalk »

Falcons starting lineup

1) Oluehi 2)Ogbonna 3) Ohale 5) Ebi 8) Oshoala 10) Chikwelu 13) Okobi 14) Ikidi 17) Ordega 18) Ayinde 19) Ihezuo
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

truetalk wrote:Falcons starting lineup

1) Oluehi 2)Ogbonna 3) Ohale 5) Ebi 8) Oshoala 10) Chikwelu 13) Okobi 14) Ikidi 17) Ordega 18) Ayinde 19) Ihezuo
Do not tell sarkin doya what the score is.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: HT: Falcons 0 - 1 Belgium (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Post by walesvilla »

Which kind yeye tournament be this where we cannot see highlights or goals – for all the games – we have just been using scorelive.com report to judge the girls very frustrating
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: FT: Falcons 0 - 1 Belgium (Cyprus Women's Cup)

Post by Otitokoro »

They lost 1-0 to Belgium today.
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Oguleftie: and why exactly is that? Have you ascribed a position to me? I am neutral on the question regarding the merits of one particular coach versus another. I leave that debate to those who have strong opinions. I will support the Falcons regardless.

I love facts and present them. I leave it to others to provide astute analysis and postulate with their favorite assertions.

Here are some other facts: the Falcons are in a group of death at the world cup. Their team includes France, Norway and Korea Republic (the 3rd, 13th and 14th ranked teams in the world) with the FAlcons showing up at #39 on the FIFA ranking at present

While the #39 ranking may not be reflective of the Falcons true capability, it will be difficult to assert that they deserve better than a top 30 ranking on the basis of their performances. (Belgium and Austria are ranked #21 and #23 in the world while Slovakia is #45)

I remain hopeful that the current set of games against established countries will help them exit the group of death at the world cup - but it is a tall order.
Oguleftie wrote:
truetalk wrote:Falcons starting lineup

Do not tell sarkin doya what the score is.