AKPEYI CONTINUES IN USUAL FORM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AKPEYI CONTINUES IN USUAL FORM

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote:ok you got your self fulfilling prophesies:
should we now start posting all goal keepers' slips including our Olympic/world cup wins against world class keepers. our goals against Spain. even enyama himself had slips like this.
abeg make una go sidon una dirty nyashes!!!
Bruh get over it, Akpeyi sucks, no matter how hard you try, facts are facts... :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It happens to the best of them once in a while, leave him alone and get a job.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:rotf: As if the bobo doesn't have a track record of these poor plays, like vs Argentina anyone...
That's a simple leg save all day. God bless De Gea.

Akpeyi na apere.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

asabatex wrote:There was absolutely no need to dive for the ball; he had enough time to move into position and shield or punch the ball.
BAP wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It happens to the best of them once in a while, leave him alone and get a job.
You are correct .

Those kind of dipping shots are a goalies worst nightmare . Anybody who has played goalie at any significant level has had one of those
It had a swerve . It would be difficult to move into the exact position to get behind the ball .. believe me those kind of swerving shots that dip right when they get to the goalie are just not it at all

Whatever the case may be look at Enyeamas Howler at 3:50 in this game against Greece. How is this any better ?

[/video]
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BAP wrote:
asabatex wrote:There was absolutely no need to dive for the ball; he had enough time to move into position and shield or punch the ball.
BAP wrote:
You are correct .

Those kind of dipping shots are a goalies worst nightmare . Anybody who has played goalie at any significant level has had one of those
It had a swerve . It would be difficult to move into the exact position to get behind the ball .. believe me those kind of swerving shots that dip right when they get to the goalie are just not it at all

Whatever the case may be look at Enyeamas Howler at 3:50 in this game against Greece. How is this any better ?

[/video]
But Enyeama has more magical, unbelievable saves than howlers. Show us Akpereyi's? Every keeper can have a howler however is it the norm for them or do they normally protect and save the team and defenders have belief in them? This is Akpereyi's 3rd or so game with his new team and he's already having howlers...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

So people will forever duel on the negative.

@air... Stick to basketball

@mace... Stick post game analysis with iPad
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote:So people will forever duel on the negative.

how much is akpere paying you..please return the money ... bobo no be am
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

No one would pay a fat lazy troll
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

To anyone defending Akpeyi just one fact that needs to be pointed out is that we have not had a single clean sheet while he played as goalkeeper in GWG.

He is an awful goalkeeper at any level.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

No one would pay a fat lazy troll
who is fat, a troll or lazy... well akpere looks like a fat goalie sha
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

TheHitman47 wrote:To anyone defending Akpeyi just one fact that needs to be pointed out is that we have not had a single clean sheet while he played as goalkeeper in GWG.

His paycheck probably says otherwise at least relative to yours .. No ?

And at least 3 or 4 super eagles/U23 coaches have deemed him worthy of call-ups .. No ?
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

maceo4 wrote:
BAP wrote:
BAP wrote:
You are correct .

[/video]
But Enyeama has more magical, unbelievable saves than howlers. Show us Akpereyi's? Every keeper can have a howler however is it the norm for them or do they normally protect and save the team and defenders have belief in them? This is Akpereyi's 3rd or so game with his new team and he's already having howlers...
Perhaps .. but the argument being made is that all goalies have issues with those kinds of shots ..

Here is another by enyeama at 1:39
[/video]
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Hey BAP, I will take Enyeama ANYDAY over Akpeyi...
But I suppose everyone’s standard/expectations are different.

Meanwhile, there’s a little something called a TRACK-RECORD. Look it up dude. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Gotti wrote:Hey BAP, I will take Enyeama ANYDAY over Akpeyi...
But I suppose everyone’s standard/expectations are different.

Meanwhile, there’s a little something called a TRACK-RECORD. Look it up dude. :lol:
See A whole Big man like you arguing off point .. :mrgreen:

Did I say I would take Akpeyi over Enyeama or was I simply pointing out that 'Dipping Shots' of this nature are difficult for All goalies to handle ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BAP wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
BAP wrote:
BAP wrote:
You are correct .

[/video]
Perhaps .. but the argument being made is that all goalies have issues with those kinds of shots ..

Here is another by enyeama at 1:39
[/video]
So I'm assuming your argument is that its not a howler because some other goalies have made the same mistake before? But when Enyeama made that mistake we all castigated him for it and rightly so, but his "TRACK RECORD" as Gotti said helps to cover for this mistake as the good outweighs the bad. You can't say the same for Akpeyi, in fact he's made mistakes that you wouldn't even see Sunday Sunday GKs make, talk less of an International one!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

maceo4 wrote: So I'm assuming your argument is that its not a howler because some other goalies have made the same mistake before? But when Enyeama made that mistake we all castigated him for it and rightly so, but his "TRACK RECORD" as Gotti said helps to cover for this mistake as the good outweighs the bad. You can't say the same for Akpeyi, in fact he's made mistakes that you wouldn't even see Sunday Sunday GKs make, talk less of an International one!
My argument is that a swerving/spinning/dipping shot that bounces right before it gets to the goalie is is every keepers nightmare . Anything literally can happen .

That Enyeama is a better goalie gets no argument from me but the fact that Akpeyi has remained relevant with at least 3/4 different coaches is proof positive that he is a far better keeper than he is often given credit for despite the tendency on this forum to 'Pile On" as Gotti himself has often lamented .

In truth and for whatever its worth Enyeama has had more Howlers in the Eagles shirt than Akpeyi has but then again Enyeama has played many more games and has made many more heroic saves but all in all my point here is that this Goal here amounts to little more than a bad day at the office and can happen to any goalkeeper.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

BAP wrote:
maceo4 wrote: So I'm assuming your argument is that its not a howler because some other goalies have made the same mistake before? But when Enyeama made that mistake we all castigated him for it and rightly so, but his "TRACK RECORD" as Gotti said helps to cover for this mistake as the good outweighs the bad. You can't say the same for Akpeyi, in fact he's made mistakes that you wouldn't even see Sunday Sunday GKs make, talk less of an International one!
My argument is that a swerving/spinning/dipping shot that bounces right before it gets to the goalie is is every keepers nightmare . Anything literally can happen .

That Enyeama is a better goalie gets no argument from me but the fact that Akpeyi has remained relevant with at least 3/4 different coaches is proof positive that he is a far better keeper than he is often given credit for despite the tendency on this forum to 'Pile On" as Gotti himself has often lamented .

In truth and for whatever its worth Enyeama has had more Howlers in the Eagles shirt than Akpeyi has but then again Enyeama has played many more games and has made many more heroic saves but all in all my point here is that this Goal here amounts to little more than a bad day at the office and can happen to any goalkeeper.
BAP abeg leave them abi you forget say them be nigerians; them remind me of those Nigerian police caught on tape asking for increase in bribe money instead of take the one wey you don give am
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

BAP wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:To anyone defending Akpeyi just one fact that needs to be pointed out is that we have not had a single clean sheet while he played as goalkeeper in GWG.

And at least 3 or 4 super eagles/U23 coaches have deemed him worthy of call-ups .. No ?

Can you show us 1 game where Akpeyi was solid while wearing the GWG? Just 1. Ill wait. At the u23, Emmanuel Daniel was head and shoulders better than Akpeyi. At the SEs, he let an inexperienced 19 year old take his spot after 1 game vs Argentina in that friendly. Even Ezenwa that is a bench warmer in the NPFL is still preferred over him. Dude is a poor poor goalkeeper.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

bret- hart wrote:
BAP wrote:

Can you show us 1 game where Akpeyi was solid while wearing the GWG? Just 1. Ill wait. At the u23, Emmanuel Daniel was head and shoulders better than Akpeyi. At the SEs, he let an inexperienced 19 year old take his spot after 1 game vs Argentina in that friendly. Even Ezenwa that is a bench warmer in the NPFL is still preferred over him. Dude is a poor poor goalkeeper.
Go to the 1:09:09 minute mark in this video where he saved a PK against SA . He was the MOM actually
[/video]

In truth he has only really had two bad games for Naija: Against South Africa in UYO and against Argentina in the friendly. Aside that he has been ok

Even against South Africa where he made that one mistake coming out for the ball for which he was MUCH maligned he was not the cause of any of SA's two goals

Feel free to look up his club performances on you tube staring with this one for Heartland. He is actually a decent Goalie.

Not by any means saying he is the best Naija has but definitely better than the constant piling on you guys do suggests

[/video]
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BAP wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
BAP wrote:

Go to the 1:09:09 minute mark in this video where he saved a PK against SA . He was the MOM actually
[/video]

In truth he has only really had two bad games for Naija: Against South Africa in UYO and against Argentina in the friendly. Aside that he has been ok

Even against South Africa where he made that one mistake coming out for the ball for which he was MUCH maligned he was not the cause of any of SA's two goals

Feel free to look up his club performances on you tube staring with this one for Heartland. He is actually a decent Goalie.

Not by any means saying he is the best Naija has but definitely better than the constant piling on you guys do suggests

[/video]
Is it only us piling on? He went from being the starter to backup to a local GK and now third in line to a 19 year old. CE didn’t cause that, his shaky performances did...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:BAP abeg leave them abi you forget say them be nigerians; them remind me of those Nigerian police caught on tape asking for increase in bribe money instead of take the one wey you don give am
Exactly! Those Nigerians self! Like the ones that will moan and b*tch about coaches like Omagbemi winning the AWCON fairly easily, despite not being paid for the entire 9 months of her tenure and her team not being granted the benefit of even a single friendly. They know themselves! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BAP wrote:In truth he has only really had two bad games for Naija: Against South Africa in UYO and against Argentina in the friendly. Aside that he has been ok

Considering he’s played only about 6 games for the SE, that’s a rather HIGH percentage (33.3%)... :lol:

Meanwhile, he totally sucked in his lone appearance at the Rio Olympics. The reality is that we regularly check out games involving Nigerian players/prospects on the Internet, and frankly if we see a Naija sucking (or simply having a bad day at the office), it’s disingenuous/dishonest to pretend/contend otherwise. There are GKs who are capable of the spectacular while regularly fluffing the basics (David James comes to mind, as does Gomez now at Watford but formerly at Spurs), and there are players who excel at club level but fail to transfer similar form (or fulfill their potential) at senior international level. Perhaps Akpeyi is just one of such players, but the brutal reality is that he has never inspired much confidence for the SE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

maceo4 wrote:
BAP wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
BAP wrote:

[/video]

[/video]
Is it only us piling on? He went from being the starter to backup to a local GK and now third in line to a 19 year old. CE didn’t cause that, his shaky performances did...
He was never quite the established starter and as Gotti righly notes he has only played 6 games .
Nonetheless, literally hundreds of Nigerian Goalies that would like to be relevant to the NT as he is . That's nothing to sneer at.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Gotti wrote:
BAP wrote:In truth he has only really had two bad games for Naija: Against South Africa in UYO and against Argentina in the friendly. Aside that he has been ok

Considering he’s played only about 6 games for the SE, that’s a rather HIGH percentage (33.3%)... :lol:

Meanwhile, he totally sucked in his lone appearance at the Rio Olympics. The reality is that we regularly check out games involving Nigerian players/prospects on the Internet, and frankly if we see a Naija sucking (or simply having a bad day at the office), it’s disingenuous/dishonest to pretend/contend otherwise. There are GKs who are capable of the spectacular while regularly fluffing the basics (David James comes to mind, as does Gomez now at Watford but formerly at Spurs), and there are players who excel at club level but fail to transfer similar form (or fulfill their potential) at senior international level. Perhaps Akpeyi is just one of such players, but the brutal reality is that he has never inspired much confidence for the SE.
Well i guess I am one who generally goes with Trendlines over Headlines so perhaps I am not as quick to discard players over statistically rare albeit sensational events

For starters no statistician worth his paycheck would even attempt to make any kind of statistical inference based on a sample six of 6.
30 I believe is the minimum for Gaussian distribution as well as A Uniform distribution while other diistributioons have even larger threshholds. So saying that he has had 2 gaffes in six games really means nothing afterall Loris Karius of Liverpool had 2 in 1 game against Real Madrid

This of course may have reduced Karius ranking if negative internet Headlines was what one went by but statistically speaking he was ranked a decent 9th in the EPL if his actual numbers were to go by https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/03/w ... -stoppers/

In any case even the supposed Gaffes by Akpeyi in the Eagles shirt had little to do with his technical competence.

Agaisnt Argentina he handled ball outside the box because he thought the ref had blown for offside . The commentators even agree that there was a whistle in the background
[/video]

Furthermore , what is often not mentioned by his critics is that after that gaffe he goes on to make a couple of impressive saves during that first half .

Agaisnt South Africa he actually does cut the cross out with an impressive dive but appears to collide with his defenders foot hence knocking the ball away. Theafter he quickly recovers to smother the ball TO-WIT
[/video]

Per his supposed "Olympic Disaster" well he was never Siasia's first choice to begin with and giving that you still haven't provided video evidence of Best Ogedegbe sucking at the 1980's Olympics as you like wise Openly claimed on another thread :rotf: i will take this your proclamation with a grain of salt unless you provide VIDEO evidence showing otherwise .

For whatever its worth, Gehnet Rohr was an observer at the Olympics and apparently DOESNT think he sucked that much and accordingly has continued to invite him to the SE setup. OTOH Emmanuel DANIEL whom was Siasias preferred top choice hasn't even smelled an invitation.

In any case I am not Akpeyis agent , neither do I even particularly care if he ever wears an Eagles shirt again . I am simply saying that an objective look at his overall career doesn't indicate that he is one thats anymore prone to gaffes than other keepers as your headline suggests . He may indeed be a good club keeper and a poor NT keeper but overall he has a decent record