Rohr calls 23 players for Seychelles, Egypt- No Mikel Nacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr calls 23 players for Seychelles, Egypt- No Mikel Na

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:I am still not sold on the left and right FB. Should have looked at new options. Should have invited Azubuike and another midfielder.
Chukwuzee should have been invited.
Udoh believes Ozornwafor might be Rohr's LB competition for J Collins.
Note that Brian Idowu wasn't called up.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I am still not sold on the left and right FB. Should have looked at new options. Should have invited Azubuike and another midfielder.
Chukwuzee should have been invited.
Udoh believes Ozornwafor might be Rohr's LB competition for J Collins.
Note that Brian Idowu wasn't called up.
Is Aina out? He plays LWB mostly for Torino...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Enugu II wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Is this list legit?
Why? It was released via NFF's Twitter handle, No?
Omo the list get as e be. Rohr said he'd give new players a chance. The list does nither. I see some experienced players in the mix. Why is Rohr such a half-way man?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Omo the list get as e be. Rohr said he'd give new players a chance. The list does nither. I see some experienced players in the mix. Why is Rohr such a half-way man?
CE has gone to the dogs. Dinka too don know better pass Rohr. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

bret- hart wrote:Nana Bonsu and Femi Kayode have been in good form playing in the CAF competitions yet despite that Rhor continues to invite crap keepers like Akpeyi and Ezenwa. :laugh: What a joke.
My guy, Bonsu cannot play for 2 countries at the same time. He is a Ghanaian International.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
CE has gone to the dogs. Dinka too don know better pass Rohr. :laugh:
Omo Ogi, get it right it is Dimka76. Rohr had put a so so list together. I even had doubts this was his list. What happend to Rohr? too much inactivity?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

vancity eagle wrote:I was very excited for this upcomming squad.

To see this list I am very dissapointed. What a waste, Rohr just can never take it up a notch. I do not understand his thinking one bit.

For those who are saying "its only Seychelles" we are playing a high profile friendly against Egypt, and this will be the last window before the ANC. You simply cannot waste these few opportunities we have, but this has been a feature of the Rohr SE.

Most dissapointing to me is the lack of midfield. This is the second window in a row where he chose 3 midfielders and has failed to look at any options to strengthen this area. I believe against SA last time around Ndidi was even suspended and Rohr failed to use that opportunity to look at new faces. I'm sorry but John Ogu just does not cut it at all. The guy is old and is nothing special, how he continues to hang around despite playing at such a low level amazes me.

Rohr could have looked at the following

1. Kingsley Michael
2. Azubikwe Okechukwu
3. Ovie Ejaria
4. Joel Obi
5. Mikel Agu

these players are all young and playing at a higher level than old slow man Ogu, who should be gone by now. And the argument that he can play in a back 3 doesn't hold anymore because we now have a number of CB's ready to play the role.

Absolutely disgusted with Rohr's pathetic approach to the midfield.

Defence is on point, not much to change there although I would have liked him to pursue Moses Odubajo, Didn't he declare himself ready to play for SE ?

In attack I have no idea why Chukwueze was dropped, and frankly the U23 excuse is just not good enough. They are only playing Libya, and Chukwueze should be getting integrated into the national team and not be wasted on U23 assignments. Waste of time and opportunity again from Rohr.

And up front, should Paul Onachu be called ahead of Akpom or Awoniyi who are playing at a higher level. Iheanacho's dropping I fully support, it is long overdue.

and in goalkeeping position again Rohr displays his utter cowardice in sticking to the same old same old. Both Ezenwa and Akpeyi should be dropped, as they have no future with SE. Especially playing a team like Seychelles would be the perfect opportunity to blood in youngsters like Alampasu.

Overall very dissapointing from Rohr I must say. This list just does not inspire any confidence or forward thinking on Rohr's part.

Fully agree

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

vancity eagle wrote:I was very excited for this upcomming squad.

To see this list I am very dissapointed. What a waste, Rohr just can never take it up a notch. I do not understand his thinking one bit.

For those who are saying "its only Seychelles" we are playing a high profile friendly against Egypt, and this will be the last window before the ANC. You simply cannot waste these few opportunities we have, but this has been a feature of the Rohr SE.

Most dissapointing to me is the lack of midfield. This is the second window in a row where he chose 3 midfielders and has failed to look at any options to strengthen this area. I believe against SA last time around Ndidi was even suspended and Rohr failed to use that opportunity to look at new faces. I'm sorry but John Ogu just does not cut it at all. The guy is old and is nothing special, how he continues to hang around despite playing at such a low level amazes me.

Rohr could have looked at the following

1. Kingsley Michael
2. Azubikwe Okechukwu
3. Ovie Ejaria
4. Joel Obi
5. Mikel Agu

these players are all young and playing at a higher level than old slow man Ogu, who should be gone by now. And the argument that he can play in a back 3 doesn't hold anymore because we now have a number of CB's ready to play the role.

Absolutely disgusted with Rohr's pathetic approach to the midfield.

Defence is on point, not much to change there although I would have liked him to pursue Moses Odubajo, Didn't he declare himself ready to play for SE ?

In attack I have no idea why Chukwueze was dropped, and frankly the U23 excuse is just not good enough. They are only playing Libya, and Chukwueze should be getting integrated into the national team and not be wasted on U23 assignments. Waste of time and opportunity again from Rohr.

And up front, should Paul Onachu be called ahead of Akpom or Awoniyi who are playing at a higher level. Iheanacho's dropping I fully support, it is long overdue.

and in goalkeeping position again Rohr displays his utter cowardice in sticking to the same old same old. Both Ezenwa and Akpeyi should be dropped, as they have no future with SE. Especially playing a team like Seychelles would be the perfect opportunity to blood in youngsters like Alampasu.

Overall very dissapointing from Rohr I must say. This list just does not inspire any confidence or forward thinking on Rohr's part.

Fully agree

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Sunset,

Is Iwobi not used also as a central midfielder? You have not highlighted his name. In my opinion, Rohr has more than enough. In his formation, the most central midfielders than he ever uses is three. The rest are on the bench. If you have highlighted five plus Iwobi, that is six total for three starting positions at the most.

In terms of dictating the middle, the issue isn't necessarily numbers but the invitation of players capable of holding the ball and efficiently distributing it. In reality, Nigeria currently has just one such player -- Mikel Obi -- and he was not called up. What we often have are those active in ball recovery but little else. Then some like Iwobi with vision but not great in holding up the ball without turning it over.

On the five central defenders? My thought is that he wants to keep the option of playing three in the back. To do that he needs cover in case of injuries and thus the need to have no less than five. With that reason, he could quite logically make a case for a sixth and even a seventh (see Semi Ajayi and John Ogu both listed as midfielders).

I think, and the bottomline, is that several of these players are not welded to a single position. They can play in multiple positions and we should begin to think in those terms of personnel flexibility rather than personnel inflexibility.
So we are short of players capable of “holding the ball and efficiently distributing it” and yet not deem it fit to run the ruler over Azubuike Okechukwu in a dead rubber game and/or a friendly? Anyway, we are now getting quite used to Gernot Rohr’s personnel inflexibility (succinctly exemplified by Uche Agbo’s long run in the SE’s squad even though he was apparently not even deemed good enough for friendly games). But of course, if such inflexibility and obduracy was ever displayed by an indigenous coach it would precipitously be ascribed to corruption. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Sunset,

Is Iwobi not used also as a central midfielder? You have not highlighted his name. In my opinion, Rohr has more than enough. In his formation, the most central midfielders than he ever uses is three. The rest are on the bench. If you have highlighted five plus Iwobi, that is six total for three starting positions at the most.

In terms of dictating the middle, the issue isn't necessarily numbers but the invitation of players capable of holding the ball and efficiently distributing it. In reality, Nigeria currently has just one such player -- Mikel Obi -- and he was not called up. What we often have are those active in ball recovery but little else. Then some like Iwobi with vision but not great in holding up the ball without turning it over.

On the five central defenders? My thought is that he wants to keep the option of playing three in the back. To do that he needs cover in case of injuries and thus the need to have no less than five. With that reason, he could quite logically make a case for a sixth and even a seventh (see Semi Ajayi and John Ogu both listed as midfielders).

I think, and the bottomline, is that several of these players are not welded to a single position. They can play in multiple positions and we should begin to think in those terms of personnel flexibility rather than personnel inflexibility.
So we are short of players capable of “holding the ball and efficiently distributing it” and yet not deem it fit to run the ruler over Azubuike Okechukwu in a dead rubber game and/or a friendly? Anyway, we are now getting quite used to Gernot Rohr’s personnel inflexibility (succinctly exemplified by Uche Agbo’s long run in the SE’s squad even though he was apparently not even deemed good enough for friendly games). But of course, if such inflexibility and obduracy was ever displayed by an indigenous coach it would precipitously be ascribed to corruption. SMH
Gotti

KPOM. If a local coach has ignored Awoniyi for this long, then a lot of unprintable stuff would have been written. Bet on that including an insider informing so so and so that Awoniyi refused to Drop.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Come on guys, Rohr has plenty of critics on here, I'm not sure the "IC would get it worse" comparisons fit.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:Come on guys, Rohr has plenty of critics on here, I'm not sure the "IC would get it worse" comparisons fit.
He may have plenty of critics but hardly anyone (if anyone at all) charges corruption. Conversely, if an indigenous coach made same personnel choices (Agbo, Awoniyi, etc), corruption will be the reflexive charge. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL