Premier League Derbies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Premier League Derbies

Post by wiseone »

This past weekend we had 3 different local derbies in the EPL:

Spurs v Arsenal
Everton v Liverpool
Fulham v Chelsea

It got me thinking - most seasons there is a "derby Sunday" like this with several local derbies being played on the same day (usually the Merseyside and north London derbies). I noticed that earlier this season the Merseyside and north London derbies were also on the same day (December 1). Is this deliberate? Surely the EPL fixture generator cannot keep replicating the Merseyside and north London derbies on the same day year after year?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Premier League Derbies

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

wiseone wrote:This past weekend we had 3 different local derbies in the EPL:

Spurs v Arsenal
Everton v Liverpool
Fulham v Chelsea

It got me thinking - most seasons there is a "derby Sunday" like this with several local derbies being played on the same day (usually the Merseyside and north London derbies). I noticed that earlier this season the Merseyside and north London derbies were also on the same day (December 1). Is this deliberate? Surely the EPL fixture generator cannot keep replicating the Merseyside and north London derbies on the same day year after year?

So you didn't watched the real derby this weekend, Real Madrid vs. Barcelona?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Both Classicos were far from their breathtaking best...Solari is losing the game of thrones and will release the weighty burden of carrying a head, from his neck in due course. It will come as no surprise should Real go all guns blazing (like Bush invading Iraq) for Mauricio Pocahontas.

As for the scheduling, as random as a general election result in Nigeria.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Undertaker wrote:
wiseone wrote:This past weekend we had 3 different local derbies in the EPL:

Spurs v Arsenal
Everton v Liverpool
Fulham v Chelsea

So you didn't watched the real derby this weekend, Real Madrid vs. Barcelona?
...or Rangers International vs Vasco da Gama :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good point.
Coach wrote:Both Classicos were far from their breathtaking best...Solari is losing the game of thrones and will release the weighty burden of carrying a head, from his neck in due course. It will come as no surprise should Real go all guns blazing (like Bush invading Iraq) for Mauricio Pocahontas.

As for the scheduling, as random as a general election result in Nigeria.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mersyside derby is a joke. Fulham v Chelshit is now a derby? That's like saying Niger v Nigeria is a derby.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes. It is the west London derby. You may not know the nuances of local rivalries in London but Chelsea and Fulham's stadiums are in the same neighbourhood of west London. They are only 1.5 miles away from each other. They are actually a walking distance from each other!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Lond ... lham_derby

Google "Chelsea, Fulham, derby" and let me know what hits come up...
bret- hart wrote:mersyside derby is a joke. Fulham v Chelshit is now a derby? That's like saying Niger v Nigeria is a derby.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:mersyside derby is a joke. Fulham v Chelshit is now a derby? That's like saying Niger v Nigeria is a derby.
It's a derby but not held as high in regard as Chelsea-Arsenal or Chelsea-Spurs.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Niger v Nigeria is dead rubber match 99% of the time!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!