Rohr calls 23 players for Seychelles, Egypt- No Mikel Nacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Rohr calls 23 players for Seychelles, Egypt- No Mikel Nacho

Post by walesvilla »

http://www.naijafootballplus.com/rohr-c ... les-egypt/

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Katsina United); Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa)

Defenders: Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Valentine Ozornwafor (Enyimba FC); Chidozie Awaziem (Caykur Rizespor, Turkey); William Ekong (Udinese FC, Italy); Leon Balogun (Brighton & Hove Albion, England); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany)

Midfielders: Semi Ajayi (Rotherham United, England); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (Stoke City FC, England); John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Al Nassar FC, Saudi Arabia); Victor Osimhen (Charleroi SC, Belgium); Moses Simon (Levante FC, Spain); Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray SK, Turkey); Odion Ighalo (Shanghai Shenhua, China); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France); Paul Onuachu (FC Midtjyland, Denmark)

Rohr taking style wishing Mikel a happy retirement to International football- if he Missed this Nations cup - Bye to SE.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Rohr calls 23 players for Seychelles, Egypt- No Mikel Na

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this list get as e be , even though nah dead rubber match, ( oh just realize we play Egypt) where is that guy from Vilarereal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You must be high if you think ROHR has dropped Mikel from SE. Good list :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Rohr gradually facing out Mikel but to be honest i did not really expect him to be called for this set of gloried friendlies games. Real test in the April/May call ups other notable omissions Nacho, Awoniyi and Chukwueze
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

walesvilla wrote:Rohr gradually facing out Mikel but to be honest i did not really expect him to be called for this set of gloried friendlies games. Real test in the April/May call ups other notable omissions Nacho, Awoniyi and Chukwueze
What is facing out? Please explain :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Egypt’s best player won’t be involved in their last qualifier or Nigeria friendly. Why should Nigeria’s be involved :?: :!:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We are playing the footballing power house Seychelles and the team is made up of all Foreign based players :thumbs: :thumbs:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I understand via a news report that Aina is injured. I also wonder about inclusion of Kalu considering his focus on the more concerning kidnap of his mother. Just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:I understand via a news report that Aina is injured. I also wonder about inclusion of Kalu considering his focus on the more concerning kidnap of his mother. Just my tuppence.
The list was likely finalized before the criminal elements of Nigeria struck again. Aina's injury is not serious.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Surprised by the omission of Chukwueze.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I understand via a news report that Aina is injured. I also wonder about inclusion of Kalu considering his focus on the more concerning kidnap of his mother. Just my tuppence.
The list was likely finalized before the criminal elements of Nigeria struck again. Aina's injury is not serious.
Bros
That is not a good excuse. Was the list released before the kidnap news broke? That is what is crucial.

In any case, I hope they can free him to deal with the more important matter.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:
Bros
That is not a good excuse. Was the list released before the kidnap news broke? That is what is crucial.

You should know how the process go by now. Coach compiles a list, submits it to NFF then the NFF releases the list. The news about the kidnapping of his mom broke this morning, the same day the list was released. I don't see how he could have been omitted unless it was known to them that this horrible event would happen.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enugu II wrote:
Bros

You should know how the process go by now. Coach compiles a list, submits it to NFF then the NFF releases the list. The news about the kidnapping of his mom broke this morning, the same day the list was released. I don't see how he could have been omitted unless it was known to them that this horrible event would happen.
E
Emir

Not to labor on the point but the Kalu story broke earlier yesterday. In any case, I trust that Rohr will do the right thing.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bros

E
Emir

Not to labor on the point but the Kalu story broke earlier yesterday. In any case, I trust that Rohr will do the right thing.

Why do you think he should have been left off because of the news his mother was kidnapped?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg
AFCON 2019: Rohr Releases 23-man Squad List

Post by kdk4christ »

The Nigerian Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has released the 23-man squad list for AFCON 2019 qualifier against Seychelles and Friendly against Egypt's Pharaoh.

New invitees are Paul Onuachu & Val Ozornwafor as Villareal's Nigerian Robben Samuel Chukwueze dropped.

Both matches are taking place in Asaba.

*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AFCON 2019: Rohr Releases 23-man Squad List

Post by ohenhen1 »

The midfield is not good enough.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1. Interesting squad.

2. Midfield is quite thin.

3. Would have left out Balogun and Ighalo as well to open the door for other players.

4. At some point we'll need to bring more competition for the goalkeeping department.

5. Good squad overall.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rubbish squad. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :arrow:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

wiseone wrote:Surprised by the omission of Chukwueze.
Not only that.
Eze in defense not called is better than some of those invited.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Omg wow.. nah wah oh! I hope she gets released peacefully.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Oguleftie wrote:
wiseone wrote:Surprised by the omission of Chukwueze.
Not only that.
Eze in defense not called is better than some of those invited.
Have you been following the Bulgarian league?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This should have been a good opportunity for Rohr to cast his net in search of those who are on the cusp of making the team. The objective here should have been to source for talent to strengthen the squad in anticipation of the Nations Cup.

He missed an opportunity to take a look at the likes of Awoniyi and Akpom, who, not only play in more competitive leagues (Belgium & Greece) than Onuachu (Vejle BK in the Danish League - 5 goals), but are in better form and are more consistent. A wasted opportunity, if you ask me.

Likewise, inviting the likes of Daniel Akpeyi and Ezenwa, who are nearer to their 'sell by' date, instead of looking at better longer term prospects (like Dele Alampasu or Femi Kayode of Lobi Stars), was a cowardly move on Rohr's part.

Lastly, it would have been more productive to have invited the likes of Moses Odubajo (who is having a very good season with Brentford) and Mikel Agu (who had a great game vs Uganda) instead of Valentine Ozornwafor, who, for all intents and purposes, is nothing but training material and should be focusing on the upcoming U20 WC Qualifiers instead. A dumb decision on Rohr's part, if there ever was one.

Rohr has demonstrated, yet again, that he is incapable of taking the necessary risks to improve the pool of talent in the SE and might not have the what it takes to take this team to the next level, in my opinion. Instead, he decides to do the expedient thing and default to his usual suspects. What a whimp!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Otitokoro wrote:This should have been a good opportunity for Rohr to cast his net in search of those who are on the cusp of making the team. The objective here should have been to source for talent to strengthen the squad in anticipation of the Nations Cup.

He missed an opportunity to take a look at the likes of Awoniyi and Akpom, who, not only play in more competitive leagues (Belgium & Greece) than Onuachu (Vejle BK in the Danish League - 5 goals), but are in better form and are more consistent. A wasted opportunity, if you ask me.

Likewise, inviting the likes of Daniel Akpeyi and Ezenwa, who are nearer to their 'sell by' date, instead of looking at better longer term prospects (like Dele Alampasu or Femi Kayode of Lobi Stars), was a cowardly move on Rohr's part.

Lastly, it would have been more productive to have invited the likes of Moses Odubajo (who is having a very good season with Brentford) and Mikel Agu (who had a great game vs Uganda) instead of Valentine Ozornwafor, who, for all intents and purposes, is nothing but training material and should be focusing on the upcoming U20 WC Qualifiers instead. A dumb decision on Rohr's part, if there ever was one.

Rohr has demonstrated, yet again, that he is incapable of taking the necessary risks to improve the pool of talent in the SE and might not have the what it takes to take this team to the next level, in my opinion. Instead, he decides to do the expedient thing and default to his usual suspects. What a whimp!

The rumour mill has it that the U23 is considering Apkom and Awoniy ( maybe that influenced the choices of the other strikers, plus he has played Oshimen in the past and Onachu fits his "One Tall striker Persona " ...

That midfield is thin ( nothing more to say here )..

The forwards - I think he likes forwards that can play multiple roles not just out and out strikers but make we watch and see.

I do think also the GK should have one home based and drop Akpeyi abeg.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates