Isaac Success - City vs Watford.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Isaac Success - City vs Watford.

Post by Sir V »

He should cut down on his groove
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
Polly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Polly wrote:
bushboy wrote:First game back after several weeks out injured against Manchester City away. Sure, that's the perfect game to judge any player. Na wa for CE sha!
We can make all the excuses in the world, but this was as good a match as any by which to assess him. Isaac's first touch was excellent, after which he was just as he was BEFORE his injury: clueless. Most of his passes went astray. He did not manage one shot on goal. Come on!
He didn't play like this before his injury though, that's quite unfair. There was a stretch before his injury where he went from a bit part bench player to a bonafide starter, you think he did that while playing cluelessly? Even benching Deeney at one point...come on now...even think about the cache he must have built up that they will start him in such a big game AS SOON as he recovered from his injury.
Just in case you don't know, I am a big Isaac fan. But I know when something is wrong, and will admit it. He was a bonafide starter at that point, but he didn't make a real impact, which is how Deeney came back and benched him again until his injury. As for his starting yesterday, he was one of seven players Watford started, as the club planned for its cup tie next weekend. The point is that when Isaac is fit, he needs to seize his opportunities.
I hear you but do think you are being a bit unfair to judge him on this game. This is his first game after a long injury lay off, he’s not a robot, he’ll need time to get back to his best. I thought he did well when he was starting before the injury and was smart with the ball creating lots of chances that his teammates fluffed and himself fluffed a couple.

Commentary here sums up how he was playing at that time:
[/video]

He needs to improve his work rate as well as chip in with more goals. That's what's missing in his game now. Hopefully the poor performance over the weekend is just a result of being match rusty, and not a sign of him backsliding towards mediocrity.
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

mystic wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Polly wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Polly wrote:
bushboy wrote:First game back after several weeks out injured against Manchester City away. Sure, that's the perfect game to judge any player. Na wa for CE sha!
We can make all the excuses in the world, but this was as good a match as any by which to assess him. Isaac's first touch was excellent, after which he was just as he was BEFORE his injury: clueless. Most of his passes went astray. He did not manage one shot on goal. Come on!
He didn't play like this before his injury though, that's quite unfair. There was a stretch before his injury where he went from a bit part bench player to a bonafide starter, you think he did that while playing cluelessly? Even benching Deeney at one point...come on now...even think about the cache he must have built up that they will start him in such a big game AS SOON as he recovered from his injury.
Just in case you don't know, I am a big Isaac fan. But I know when something is wrong, and will admit it. He was a bonafide starter at that point, but he didn't make a real impact, which is how Deeney came back and benched him again until his injury. As for his starting yesterday, he was one of seven players Watford started, as the club planned for its cup tie next weekend. The point is that when Isaac is fit, he needs to seize his opportunities.
I hear you but do think you are being a bit unfair to judge him on this game. This is his first game after a long injury lay off, he’s not a robot, he’ll need time to get back to his best. I thought he did well when he was starting before the injury and was smart with the ball creating lots of chances that his teammates fluffed and himself fluffed a couple.

Commentary here sums up how he was playing at that time:
[/video]

He needs to improve his work rate as well as chip in with more goals. That's what's missing in his game now. Hopefully the poor performance over the weekend is just a result of being match rusty, and not a sign of him backsliding towards mediocrity.
Work rate, Mystic! You are absolutely right, and that is what I have been trying to say. Hopefully, he saw Ronaldo yesterday demonstrating the effrontery, the audacity...and rewards...of high work rate.