Current Top 10 Nigerian players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Current Top 10 Nigerian players

Post by chief nfachairman »

Top 10 Nigerian players at the moment, based on Level of league, appearances and standard of play so far this season.

10.Victor Osimhen (Chaleroi, Belgium): Been on form all season with 11 goals so far. AC Milan had interest in the January Window. Inter Milan are seriously now interested in his services.
9. Simon Moses (Levante, La Liga): Started slow due to injury and language. Seems to have tied down a starting shirt though his performance this weekend wasn't anything to write home about.
8. Samuel Chukwueze (Villareal, La Liga): Started hot then dropped to bench but seems to be getting back into the scheme of things for Villareal.
7. Henry Onyekuru (Galastasaray, Turkey): Starts every match for Gala. Played in the champions leaugue and Europa allthis season and currently 9th highest goalscorer in the league.
6. Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux, Lique 1): has played most of Bordeaux's matches this season when fit and has consistently been top 3 in most of those games.
5. Ken Omeruo (Leganes, Laliga): Ken has owned the CD spot for his team and plays every single match with top quality displays.
4. Ola Aina (Torino, Serie A): from his first game in Torino, he was hot and hasn't looked back. Torino want to buy out his contract from Chelsea but they would have to contend with Juve.
3. Alex Iwobi (Arsenal, EPL): Blows hot and cold but when he is hot, he makes Arsenal tick. Has been involved in alot of Arsenal's goals this season.
2. Troost Ekong (Udinese, Serie A): From the very first day, Troost plugged into Udinese's backline and has churned out top quality performance. One more season like this and he'll send up in a Top club.
1. Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, EPL): you know. Nuff said

Mention
*Esiti (Gent, Belgium): After overcoming depressing from missing out on the Levante move, he has played every single game for Gent with top notch performances. He even played as an attacking midfielder recently.
*Awoniyi (Mouscron, Belgium): Ex-Team of Esiti, had a horrible half season at Gent but found a rebirth at Mouscron making back to back team of the weak (6 times) with 7 goals and 2 assists from 8 games.
*Mikel (Middlesborough, Championship): No list is complete without baba
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Current Top 10 Nigerian players

Post by Damunk »

NFA Chairman, welcome back.
We've missed you! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

(Ooops! Seems I'm a bit late to the welcome party. But all join!)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:NFA Chairman, welcome back.

:bump: Ive been really really busy. But one of the major tasks holding me back finally ended sat/ yesterday.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
After the heavy clapping, you must make it a weekly affair. After all, your assignment is over.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Onyekuru just scored twice for Gala.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Can we call this thread what it really is? ....Agents corner! :taunt: :taunt:

Good stuff. My only concern about these types of posts is that they are often based on internet reports and not from actually watching the games. Hopefully this is based actually watching the games.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote:Can we call this thread what it really is? ....Agents corner! :taunt: :taunt:

Good stuff. My only concern about these types of posts is that they are often based on internet reports and not from actually watching the games. Hopefully this is based actually watching the games.
Mods?
Ban this 1naija man.
he likes to cause confusion
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The man can be very useless at times. He's always late, by 2020 he will realize that nfa don yamutu and change his name to NFFchairman. :woot: good list as usual.... his head is mostly correct unlike 95% of CE. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rawlings wrote:
1naija wrote:Can we call this thread what it really is? ....Agents corner! :taunt: :taunt:

Mods?
Ban this 1naija man.
he likes to cause confusion

Mods stopped working here about 5 years ago. Only Murds like Damunkey still remain. :D
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Obong wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
After the heavy clapping, you must make it a weekly affair. After all, your assignment is over.
:bump: :bump:

I go try. I'll go back to the weekly player tracking
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

I wish I was an agent. When I was in the biz in the 90s and early 2000s, transfer fees then was like transfer fee enyimba currently pays
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

The man can be very useless at times. He's always late, by 2020 he will realize that nfa don yamutu and change his name to NFFchairman. :woot: good list as usual.... his head is mostly correct unlike 95% of CE. :thumbs:
:bump: :bump:

Na true share. Been wanting to change that name since Dec. Nff chairman. But NFA sweet pass
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I don't get the Ndidi hype at all. He is barely serviceable midfielder to me. He won't even be the best midfielder in the NPFL.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nfa, you forgot Jamilu Collins, he's not in a div 1 team but the boy consistently get 7/10 ratings every game he plays after locking down that LB position at his club. The German 2nd Div is equivalent to the bottom half of the Epl. Burnley, Leicester and Newcastle are not better than Paderborn. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nfa, you forgot Jamilu Collins, he's not in a div 1 team but the boy consistently get 7/10 ratings every game he plays after locking down that LB position at his club. The German 2nd Div is equivalent to the bottom half of the Epl. Burnley, Leicester and Newcastle are not better than Paderborn. :thumb:

This has to be severe joblessness to be watching division 2 or 3 teams of any league consistently. Buhari should do something to help the jobless abeg!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Nfa, you forgot Jamilu Collins, he's not in a div 1 team but the boy consistently get 7/10 ratings every game he plays after locking down that LB position at his club. The German 2nd Div is equivalent to the bottom half of the Epl. Burnley, Leicester and Newcastle are not better than Paderborn. :thumb:

This has to be severe joblessness to be watching division 2 or 3 teams of any league consistently. Buhari should do something to help the jobless abeg!
Aaaaa pppp cccc :taunt:
OCCUPY NFF!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

You are right. He was on a move to Schalke but ROhr kinda stopped the move. If i was doing a top 15, he would have made the list for sure. But he looks great for the top next season.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...none of whom plays for a top 2-3 club in any of Europe's elite leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga).
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

wiseone wrote:...none of whom plays for a top 2-3 club in any of Europe's elite leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga).
shhhhhhhh.... don't make noise :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

wiseone wrote:...none of whom plays for a top 2-3 club in any of Europe's elite leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga).
I put it to you that Arsenal will finish 3rd and Iwobi will prove you wrong.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

chief nfachairman wrote:Top 10 Nigerian players at the moment, based on Level of league, appearances and standard of play so far this season.

10.Victor Osimhen (Chaleroi, Belgium): Been on form all season with 11 goals so far. AC Milan had interest in the January Window. Inter Milan are seriously now interested in his services.
9. Simon Moses (Levante, La Liga): Started slow due to injury and language. Seems to have tied down a starting shirt though his performance this weekend wasn't anything to write home about.
8. Samuel Chukwueze (Villareal, La Liga): Started hot then dropped to bench but seems to be getting back into the scheme of things for Villareal.
7. Henry Onyekuru (Galastasaray, Turkey): Starts every match for Gala. Played in the champions leaugue and Europa allthis season and currently 9th highest goalscorer in the league.
6. Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux, Lique 1): has played most of Bordeaux's matches this season when fit and has consistently been top 3 in most of those games.
5. Ken Omeruo (Leganes, Laliga): Ken has owned the CD spot for his team and plays every single match with top quality displays.
4. Ola Aina (Torino, Serie A): from his first game in Torino, he was hot and hasn't looked back. Torino want to buy out his contract from Chelsea but they would have to contend with Juve.
3. Alex Iwobi (Arsenal, EPL): Blows hot and cold but when he is hot, he makes Arsenal tick. Has been involved in alot of Arsenal's goals this season.
2. Troost Ekong (Udinese, Serie A): From the very first day, Troost plugged into Udinese's backline and has churned out top quality performance. One more season like this and he'll send up in a Top club.

Mention
*Esiti (Gent, Belgium): After overcoming depressing from missing out on the Levante move, he has played every single game for Gent with top notch performances. He even played as an attacking midfielder recently.
*Awoniyi (Mouscron, Belgium): Ex-Team of Esiti, had a horrible half season at Gent but found a rebirth at Mouscron making back to back team of the weak (6 times) with 7 goals and 2 assists from 8 games.
You failed to mention: (1) Ebuehi. What is his status now?
(2) Mohammed
(3) Yahaya and the rest of the U-17 of that era?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

I believe 50% of these guys would end up in top 1-3 in the Top 5 Leagues in another 2 seasons.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Igugu wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Top 10 Nigerian players at the moment, based on Level of league, appearances and standard of play so far this season.

Mention
You failed to mention: (1) Ebuehi. What is his status now?
(2) Mohammed
(3) Yahaya and the rest of the U-17 of that era?
These guys are not small boys any more.
They should have started making an impact by now.
The one wey baffle me pass na Chidera Ezeh.
Disappeared off the radar sotay, a NPFL player don kolobi him name. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "