It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 pm 

The gap is huge..what a specimen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:

It is not.
Messi is a better player; Messi is not even a striker, and does not play as striker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 pm 

I don't know whether that's necessarily true but I have always thought Rinaldo is a better player. For me he is more well reminded and versatile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm 

Messi is a midfielder, midfield forward, and strikes from a distance. Not ghosting in the penalty box.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 pm 

[quote="Bigpokey24"]The gap is huge..what a specimen[/quot

Your personal opinion. I disagree.

Anyways, Ronaldo deserves every bit of credit for his record and performance today. The guy is incredible.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:06 pm 

Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The gap is huge..what a specimen[/quot

Anyways, Ronaldo deserves every bit of credit for his record and performance today. The guy is incredible.

He has done it everywhere. The gap huge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:08 pm 

Prisoner of the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The gap is huge..what a specimen[/quot

He has done it everywhere. The gap huge

It is not. You can equally say that Gerd Muller is the best German player, or that Paulo Rossi is the best Italian player.
Messi is the better player.
Messi is a conductor of an orchestra, Ronaldo is a finisher player.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:44 pm 

Oguleftie wrote:
Messi is a midfielder, midfield forward, and strikes from a distance. Not ghosting in the penalty box.

You need to realise that Ronaldo won his first Ballon D'or player of the year back in 2008 and he was not ghosting in the box, at that time he was a proper goal scoring forward. And already he had improved my himself from the skinny winger who was was just about trickery.
The ghosting has come with age and he has transformed himself into one of the great poachers, another important skill.
A very versatile player in his own way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:50 pm 

benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

You need to realise that Ronaldo won his first Ballon D'or player of the year back in 2008 and he was not ghosting in the box, at that time he was a proper goal scoring forward. And already he had improved my himself from the skinny winger who was was just about trickery.
The ghosting has come with age and he has transformed himself into one of the great poachers, another important skill.

You just said it.
....................he was a proper goal scoring forward...................
Messi does not play as a forward; but as the build-up person from the midfield to enable the team be in a forward striking position.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 pm 

Oft omitted from the “done it everywhere” remark is the small, trivial matter of everywhere being under the inconsequential banner of the biggest clubs in the land. Man Utd, Real, Juve. Irrelevant though it may be, everywhere nonetheless. A truly talented individual who has worked tirelessly to become the player he is today. Ronaldo has earned the right to be the focal point. After Juventus, Celtic and he’ll have completed the magic square of Phanos.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 pm 

Oguleftie wrote:
benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

You just said it.
Messi does not play as a forward; but as the build-up person from the midfield to enable the team be in a forward striking position.

Yes, but they are just as effective, Ronaldo sometimes even more effective in some seasons gone before.
I don't think there is anyone who watches football who has ever suggested that these two play exactly the same style.
But for sure, Ronaldo is not all about ghosting in the box, he do also score lots of goals from outside the box especially during his United days

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:09 am 

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Kpom!!!

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:15 am 

benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

You just said it.

Yes, but they are just as effective, Ronaldo sometimes even more effective in some seasons gone before.
I don't think there is anyone who watches football who has ever suggested that these two play exactly the same style.
But for sure, Ronaldo is not all about ghosting in the box, he do also score lots of goals from outside the box especially during his United days

Messi is not there to score goals. He facilitates the scoring of goals. He just happens to to be so good that he also scores goals.
At 8yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 14 yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 17yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 20yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 23yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:27 am 

Messi is more a striker than a midfielder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:28 am 

Oguleftie wrote:

Messi is not there to score goals. He facilitates the scoring of goals. He just happens to to be so good that he also scores goals.
At 8yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 14 yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 17yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 20yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world; at 23yrs old Messi was the best such player in the world.

And Ronaldo is a different kind of such player, and he is very effective at what he does and has adapted across leagues, and his Balloon D'or wins were without question.
Unfortunately they both started being compared according to goals and stats. So we have to live with these arguments.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 am 

Oguleftie wrote:
benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
benteke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

You just said it.

That is not true and it's by design at Barcelona. Ask Ibra.

----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:33 am 

Samora Machel wrote:

Messi is and plays as a midfielder; where the strikers and things in the final third are not going well he goes to help out.
He is there to build up the plays to enable a strike.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 am 

We should leave these debates till the end of their careers and appreciate them in the present.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 am 

Oguleftie wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Messi is and plays as a midfielder; where the strikers and things in the final third are not going well he goes to help out.
He is there to build up the plays to enable a strike.

Some will argue that Lionel Messi is a forward. Messi is there to score goals and Barcelona's pattern is built to facilitate this. Any striker that does not understand this at Barca will have to ship out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 am 

Circa 2008

Barca with their famous False 9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 am 

Cristiano Cristiano Cristiano RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

What a fvcking football player.

To borrow from someone else "a Manchester United Legend".

"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016