UCL Quarter Final Draw

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UCL Quarter Final Draw

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote:
joplass wrote:On paper the following teams are moving on:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

Only a crackhead will pick Man United over Barcelona even on that useless paper you wrote on!
You want to hang your hat on Valverde?

With Rashford/Lingard and Martial running against Barca's high backline?

This one, like the Ajax v Juve, isn't as straight forward as people think.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

Only a crackhead will pick Man United over Barcelona even on that useless paper you wrote on!

If they were any good, they will be playing at Barcelona or Real Madrid! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

If they were any good, they will be playing at Barcelona or Real Madrid! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Wait! Wait! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You do realize that Manchester United is a bigger club than Barcelona, right?

WTH!! LOL. thats how the other day someone called Milan a small club. :lol: :lol: I am so done with this website! I dont learn anything here anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: In those days, one would come here and be eating out of the palms of the likes of them Enugu, Suya etc.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]joplass[/color] wrote: On paper the following teams are moving on:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United
Pray, tell, how will ManU get past the might of Messi?
...if coaches/players don't know how to mark that midget by now they don't deserve to be in top flight football.
Just crowd him, hound him, don't let him get the ball, all for 90 mins.
I know, easy to say, but who gonna be mentally and physically discipline enough to do that for 90 mins.
A young industrious player.
Barcelona's weakness is their defense and goalkeeper.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

Wait! Wait! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You do realize that Manchester United is a bigger club than Barcelona, right?

WTH!! LOL. thats how the other day someone called Milan a small club. :lol: :lol: I am so done with this website! I dont learn anything here anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: In those days, one would come here and be eating out of the palms of the likes of them Enugu, Suya etc.
Really? Man United bigger than Barcelona? In what World is that? Bigger how? Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest Football Clubs in the World !
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

Really? Man United bigger than Barcelona? In what World is that? Bigger how? Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two biggest Football Clubs in the World !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please dont say this outside, so that no one laughs at you.

Barca is not even as big as Milan or Bayern Munich.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

I'm a traditionalist too but they're at least equal with Bayern at this point, Milan has more Champions Leagues titles but they aren't far behind. They've closed a lot of gaps in the past ten years.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United

You were right and then messed it up by being wrong at the same time. ManU is bigger than Barcelona but Barcelona is bigger than Bayern. Use whatever metric you wish to, Bayern is not Bigger than Barca.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
I'm a traditionalist too but they're at least equal with Bayern at this point, Milan has more Champions Leagues titles but they aren't far behind. They've closed a lot of gaps in the past ten years.
Absolutely! They were quite far behind a few years ago and one wouldn't be too far to consider them a "regional club." However, they have come in leaps and bounds, adding titles upon titles + increasing their worldwide fan base, significantly and increasing their financial clout.

Two issues they have though--

1. They still have to increase their political clout. Last year, PSG insulted them and took Neymar from them. They tried to get other big clubs to back them and go against PSG.. that move didnt take off.

2. They still act like a regional club.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Some folks think European Club championships started with Champions League.
If we go way back, all the newbies are just that and cannot compare with the true big names
with a minimum of 5 'true' European club champion cups in their trophy cabinet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... gue_finals
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Abeg some one help me here,
Lets says top 4 finish in EPL like this
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Then Manu win CL and Chelsea win Europa.
Will this mean 6 EPL teams in CL next season group stage or Chelsea will kick Spurs that finish 4th?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:Abeg some one help me here,
Lets says top 4 finish in EPL like this
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Then Manu win CL and Chelsea win Europa.
Will this mean 6 EPL teams in CL next season group stage or Chelsea will kick Spurs that finish 4th?
nope, spurs and assanal will be kicked out of the Champs league and bumped into the Europa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Absolutely! They were quite far behind a few years ago and one wouldn't be too far to consider them a "regional club." However, they have come in leaps and bounds, adding titles upon titles + increasing their worldwide fan base, significantly and increasing their financial clout.

Two issues they have though--

1. They still have to increase their political clout. Last year, PSG insulted them and took Neymar from them. They tried to get other big clubs to back them and go against PSG.. that move didnt take off.

2. They still act like a regional club.
1. I'll agree partly Bayern still has Beckenbauer, Hoeness and Rummenigge who despite being outdated know how to bully the "small boys". Milan and Inter have lost most connections with the old families (Barbara is gone and Pier Silvio too) the new American guy is up to it but they'll haze him first. PSG is bullying everyone in Europe, remember how last summer Madrid released two separate statements to assure them they weren't buying Neymar and Mbappe and denounced the speculation?

2. La Liga as a whole is regional and behind the times.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Were the balls warmed? Thermals perhaps, out of season sale.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Juventus and City are all but guaranteed semi spots. I wont rule United out but Barca is the clear favourite and can focus on the CL now that they have La Liga in the bag. United on the other hand have to give 100% in the league.

Spurs are too unpredictable; I would not count them out against Liverpool who have been shaky the last 6 weeks or so.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Spurs have drawn City and can thus be counted out in any UEFA endorsed contest vs Liverpool this season.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

this is the sort of cheating scum we're up against

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

VAR reviewed, decision stands. Many would argue United progressed through an Adebayo Akinfenwa sized sliced of serendipity. VAR reviewed, decision stands. Barca are tiring and far from their imperial best. United will score a couple at home.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:VAR reviewed, decision stands. Many would argue United progressed through an Adebayo Akinfenwa sized sliced of serendipity. VAR reviewed, decision stands. Barca are tiring and far from their imperial best. United will score a couple at home.
suarez stamped on denayer; he even admitted it, you helmet

did you see the distance the ball travelled before hitting kimpembe's arm?

:roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Abeg, can someone please tell me how many CL titles ManU and Barça have won?
Someone (danfo driver?) asked for metrics between the two and this one jumped out .... but I do not know the answer.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Look at this crowd hanging a brother by his nuts. Manchester United will move on. Herrera will wear that Messi of Barca like a cheap suit. Tell the short man to go win a trophy with Argentina.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

tfco wrote:this is the sort of cheating scum we're up against
Suarez deserves the Order of Ghana.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Juventus
Liverpool
City
United
:bump:
That's why footie is played on grass not paper.
http://www.naijiant.com/