Okereke was man of the match today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Okereke was man of the match today

Post by Paveman »

For Spezia. His team grabbed a vital 3-2 away victory at Benevento in the Serie B. Both Spezia and Benevento are in the playoff places for Serie A at the moment.

Okereke grabbed one goal, had one assist, caused a penalty for the other goal, and to top it all caused the red card of the Benevento defender!

In another Serie B game Perugia also grabbed a vital 1-0 away win and are also in the playoff positions. Umar Sadiq played 90 mins and Kingsley Michael was introduced on the stroke of halftime.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okereke was man of the match today

Post by zee »

Paveman wrote:For Spezia. His team grabbed a vital 3-2 away victory at Benevento in the Serie B. Both Spezia and Benevento are in the playoff places for Serie A at the moment.

Okereke grabbed one goal, had one assist, caused a penalty for the other goal, and to top it all caused the red card of the Benevento defender!

In another Serie B game Perugia also grabbed a vital 1-0 away win and are also in the playoff positions. Umar Sadiq played 90 mins and Kingsley Michael was introduced on the stroke of halftime.
Good news :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

zee wrote:
Paveman wrote:For Spezia. His team grabbed a vital 3-2 away victory at Benevento in the Serie B. Both Spezia and Benevento are in the playoff places for Serie A at the moment.

Good news :clap: :clap:
You can find the Speezia game highlights here
http://youtu.be/gd-4ec4bn08
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What a player! This boy has it all. Power,pace, skill and intelligence. He's better than any of the Rubbish players we have in the championship of Enguland. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The level of play in this Serie B match is way higher that a lot of top league games in Belgium, Holland, Germany,France,Portugal etc.
Yes.........this Okereke Kid is a baller. :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What a player! This boy has it all. Power,pace, skill and intelligence. He's better than any of the Rubbish players we have in the championship of Enguland. :thumb:
I can imagine the defenders are harder to play against.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:What a player! This boy has it all. Power,pace, skill and intelligence. He's better than any of the Rubbish players we have in the championship of Enguland. :thumb:
I can imagine the defenders are harder to play against.
Kpom :clap: :clap: ................Defending is still an Italian thing. :thumb:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman, there seems to be problems with David Okereke's eligibility in Italy. Benenveto appealed against their 3-2 loss against Spezia and it's been upheld and the match result suspended to allow Spezia to appeal.
It's expected that all Spezia's opponents will appeal against the results of the match he played against them.
I don't know what this means for the future of one of our best talents.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dammy wrote:Paveman, there seems to be problems with David Okereke's eligibility in Italy. Benenveto appealed against their 3-2 loss against Spezia and it's been upheld and the match result suspended pending Spezia's appeal.
It's expected that all Spezia's opponents will appeal against the results of the match he played against them.
I am happy
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

zee wrote:The level of play in this Serie B match is way higher that a lot of top league games in Belgium, Holland, Germany,France,Portugal etc.
Yes.........this Okereke Kid is a baller. :clap: :clap:
Are you for real?? :blink: :blink:
You came to this conclusion on a 4 min clip? :laugh: :laugh:
YNWA
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Aha Ogi, na your eye be this? Small time now if na me talk this one now, you go talk say I don shack grade 4 ogogoro :shock:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote:Paveman, there seems to be problems with David Okereke's eligibility in Italy. Benenveto appealed against their 3-2 loss against Spezia and it's been upheld and the match result suspended to allow Spezia to appeal.
At the moment, there is a pending protest on the game due question marks on Okereke’s eligibilty. This is a result of the Spezia area legal prosecutor opening up an investigation on the apparent smuggling of 13 underage Nigerian footballers into Italy, of which Okereke was one of them, and the most high profile of them. The details are still scant and the protest has not yet been decided. I don’t know yet if Spezia might decide not to play Okereke until the issue is cleared. I will let you know as I get the info.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

P.s. the scheme was apparently run by 3 football club officials, including one from La Spezia. The children are from a football school in Abuja, and was a round about way of not abiding by FIFA rules as well as immigration laws. Theycbasically would state that the minors arrived in Italy unaccompanied and would register them as illegal, and providing a tutor and a school. But it resulted, apparently that these children were already known to these people and brought to Italy unaccompanied on purpose to register them without going through the whole VISA process etc. If it’s true, it’s quite naive of them to think they would not be eventually caught. They also registered them in schools, but then never made them attend the schools. Quite a mess!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:P.s. the scheme was apparently run by 3 football club officials, including one from La Spezia. The children are from a football school in Abuja, and was a round about way of not abiding by FIFA rules as well as immigration laws. Theycbasically would state that the minors arrived in Italy unaccompanied and would register them as illegal, and providing a tutor and a school. But it resulted, apparently that these children were already known to these people and brought to Italy unaccompanied on purpose to register them without going through the whole VISA process etc. If it’s true, it’s quite naive of them to think they would not be eventually caught. They also registered them in schools, but then never made them attend the schools. Quite a mess!
Thanks for the updates.
I am happy
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

He should be invited to SE , he is too intelligent. He made all the goals for his team. Igahlo will never be happy with him around
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

An update... yesterday the results were confirmed and Spezis were not docked points. Okereke should be able to play regularly. Didn't play today as he was suspended for accumulated yellow cards..spezia are in good form and could be outsiders to gain promotion to serie A.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Paveman wrote:An update... yesterday the results were confirmed and Spezis were not docked points. Okereke should be able to play regularly. Didn't play today as he was suspended for accumulated yellow cards..spezia are in good form and could be outsiders to gain promotion to serie A.

Great!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:An update... yesterday the results were confirmed and Spezis were not docked points. Okereke should be able to play regularly. Didn't play today as he was suspended for accumulated yellow cards..spezia are in good form and could be outsiders to gain promotion to serie A.
Thanks, I thought the suspension was as a result of the investigation.
I am happy