SE: Ndifreke Replaces Ola Aina......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE: Ndifreke Replaces Ola Aina......

Post by Enugu II »

Akwa United Ndifreke Effiong Replaces Injured Aina In Super Eagles Squad For Seychelles, Egypt Games
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/03/17/ak ... ypt-games/
March 17, 201903

Akwa United forward Ndifreke Effiong has been handed a late call up to the senior national team of Nigeria as a replacement for injured on loan Chelsea defender Ola Aina according to the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) .

NFF announced the invitation of Effiong on their official twitter handle as a replacement for Aina who although made his comeback from injury last week for Torino will miss the game owing to an unspecified injury.

Aina was yesterday sent off in Torino’s 2-3 loss to Bologna in the Serie A. He was in time added on after regulation time for two bookable offence in quick succession to blot his near perfect loan spell in Italy with Torino.

Effiong joined is home town club Akwa United from Abia Warriors before the start of the current Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) season and few minutes before the announcement of his call up to the Super Eagles he scored the opener for Akwa United in their 2-1 win away to Heartland FC of Owerri.

A member of the Nigeria Olympic squad to the last Olympic games in Rio, Effiong becomes the second player to be called up to the squad after Ikouwem Udoh was called up as replacement for injured Samuel Kalu two days ago.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE: Ndifreke Replaces Ola Aina......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Good to see local boys getting a look. The best Nigerian players have always originated in Nigeria, believe it or not. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He has no injury, he just played this weekend, started at left wing back then right back when they switched to 4 in the back before he was sent off for talking back to the ref after getting an undeserved yellow.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:He has no injury, he just played this weekend, started at left wing back then right back when they switched to 4 in the back before he was sent off for talking back to the ref after getting an undeserved yellow.
Sharap dia.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This Ndifreke must have a godfather in the NFF. He was the worst player in the Olympics and could not even succeed in a professional career in Asia. Now he's in the Super Eagles. Unbelievable!
I am happy
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Dammy wrote:This Ndifreke must have a godfather in the NFF. He was the worst player in the Olympics and could not even succeed in a professional career in Asia. Now he's in the Super Eagles. Unbelievable!
Not that Rohr is collecting money to invite players?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Dammy wrote:This Ndifreke must have a godfather in the NFF. He was the worst player in the Olympics and could not even succeed in a professional career in Asia. Now he's in the Super Eagles. Unbelievable!
Not that Rohr is collecting money to invite players?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:He has no injury, he just played this weekend, started at left wing back then right back when they switched to 4 in the back before he was sent off for talking back to the ref after getting an undeserved yellow.
Sharap dia.
I was expecting you to tell us how useless this Ndifreke is, seems you are slipping these days oooo
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Like I said I think there is funny business going on with this latest squad. I think it has to do with the games being "dead rubber" but this would be a perfect time to call up legitimate options and not junks.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Aina misses a lot of SE games due to injury.

Also, I have no issue with calling up NPL players. Defenders are slightly more of a risk because in the NPL, they are not accustomed to the sort of tactical discipline, regimentation, and sophisticated positioning necessary for players at international level.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Good to see local boys getting a look. The best Nigerian players have always originated in Nigeria, believe it or not. :thumb:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It is a strange choice. Would have expected Rohr to invite a RB or winger from the NPFL to replace Aina.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There needs to be an effort to establish a national "Depth Chart" for every position, so when people get injured, there is no "funny business"

Didn't Moses Odubajo declare his willingness to play for SE ?

Why is Odubajo not being called up ?

I would have thought even without AIna's "injury" that he would have been called anyways.

There has to be a rhyme and reason to what we are doing with the limited FIFA windows, this approach where we just call up random players who never amount to anything has to stop.

(Jr. Lokosa, Jr. Ajayi, Uche Agbo, Gabriel Okechukwu, Paul Onobi)
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I don't recall him ever moving to Asia to play ball, and you have to take into consideration that he was not only the youngest player in that Olympic team but was also being played out of position as a defender. He's a Winger/Forward and has been in terrific form in the NPFL this season, but it's still a weird call up tbh.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

My thoughts exactly! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sunset wrote:
I don't recall him ever moving to Asia to play ball, and you have to take into consideration that he was not only the youngest player in that Olympic team but was also being played out of position as a defender. He's a Winger/Forward and has been in terrific form in the NPFL this season, but it's still a weird call up tbh.
Very weird.

But na oyibo so we can't question him... :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

did anyone ask you all that torey? amebo, eye service..my goodness , talk about parrot mouth , abi diarrhea mouth ... I will never get caught slipping around you.. you be snitch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
did anyone ask you all that torey? amebo, eye service..my goodness , talk about parrot mouth , abi diarrhea mouth ... I will never get caught slipping around you.. you be snitch
Sure...rather I talk about Chelsea and EPL rather than our own SE players, right I got you...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Sure...rather I talk about Chelsea and EPL rather than our own SE players, right I got you...
that is not the point , you just went on and on..nobody asked all that
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Very weird.

But na oyibo so we can't question him... :(
Why not?
You just can't accuse him of 'tribalism'.
'Dropology', you still can. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
So you have to be asked before you can talk about a SE player on friggin Cyber Eagles? Do you ask before you post all those stupid Middlesboro posts about a friggin useless second division team that won't be promoted anytime soon? Ol boy just leave talk abeg and stop being a hypocrite, when there's no SE gist you start complaining, when I give you SE gist instead of thanking me you say na snitching...you really have issues man.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
So you have to be asked before you can talk about a SE player on friggin Cyber Eagles? Do you ask before you post all those stupid Middlesboro posts about a friggin useless second division team that won't be promoted anytime soon? Ol boy just leave talk abeg and stop being a hypocrite, when there's no SE gist you start complaining, when I give you SE gist instead of thanking me you say na snitching...you really have issues man.
which gist did you give us? You went on about some referee, you tried to drag Ola's character... that is what you do....insult SE players. As i said you are a tell all..nobody asked you, gbosa you begin spill the beans. You are a snitch...Who knows how many people you've ratted out in your day to day activities, there is no way I would ever let you in anything..you have a huge mouth that parrots issues wey no concern you; how the heck is the ref important to Ola's injury?
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
which gist did you give us? You went on about some referee, you tried to drag Ola's character... that is what you do....insult SE players. As i said you are a tell all..nobody asked you, gbosa you begin spill the beans. You are a snitch...Who knows how many people you've ratted out in your day to day activities, there is no way I would ever let you in anything..you have a huge mouth that parrots issues wey no concern you; how the heck is the ref important to Ola's injury?
Show me where I said anything about Ola's character? The original post talked about him being red carded, I gave context as to what happened for those who might not have watched the game, that it was an unfair yellow followed by a red because he said something to the ref. So why not ask the original story what his red card has to do with an injury....You are the definition of a sad hypocrite, maybe you be bipolar, so go ahead and open a thread about how theres too much talk about SE players on CE....weirdo
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you tried to ridicule Ola, by saying he faked an injury, but because that wasn't going to cut it, you decided to talk about a ref , How the heck is that about the SE. Mace stop digging. Learn to be humble
SuperEagles