Oshoala scores for Barca in record breaking match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Oshoala scores for Barca in record breaking match

Post by iworo »

Record crowd watches Barcelona Women beat Atletico Madrid 2-0

A crowd of 60,739 watched Barcelona beat Atletico Madrid 2-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano - a record for a top-flight domestic women's game in Europe.

Asisat Oshoala scored Barcelona's opener and England's Toni Duggan netted the second in the Liga Femenina win.

Second-placed Barcelona are now within three points of leaders Atletico.

The previous record was held by Athletic Bilbao when 48,121 attended their cup game against Atletico at the San Mames Stadium in January.

In May 2018, a bumper crowd of 45,423 packed out Wembley Stadium to watch Chelsea defeat London rivals Arsenal 3-1 to win the FA Cup for the second time, the largest crowd for a domestic women's game in England in the modern era.

The outright record attendance for a women's game is 90,185 at the 1999 World Cup Final between the USA and China, held at the Rose Bowl in California.

The largest crowd to watch a WSL game in England is 5,052 when Arsenal and Chelsea met at the Emirates in April 2012, while just over 80,000 watched the 2012 women's Olympic final between the USA and Japan at Wembley.

Chelsea Women have the highest average crowd in the WSL this season with 1,965, followed by Manchester City with 1,607.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47602885
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Oshoala scores for Barca in record breaking match

Post by Damunk »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Oshoala needs to improve on her finishing. She has the potential to be the best female player in the world but thus far its like she is wasting it.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:Oshoala needs to improve on her finishing. She has the potential to be the best female player in the world but thus far its like she is wasting it.
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.
When she was younger she was fearless.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote::thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

[/video]

man the way she ghosted past that defender for the chance before the second goal :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks for sharing Doc.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

she rapidly transitioned physically - partly maturational but mostly gym work-out related; all of which means she is faster, more physical and perhaps her sheer strength is interfering with her being a little more thoughtful which I think will eventually taper off to a more cerebral striker. Your physical state/abilities can to an extent dictate what you think or feel is possible or impossible
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Oshoala needs to improve on her finishing. She has the potential to be the best female player in the world but thus far its like she is wasting it.
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.
She ia the best female player,
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Damunk wrote:
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.
Best female player in the world is not about scoring goals.
Scoring goals can make you player of the year, not best player.
She has speed, that is good. When the speed is nullified she falls way short; this is where a best player would make her mark..
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Hmm, how is KPB doing? I bought the special cable package to see my Afrikan breda but I haven't seen him, are we sure he's at the FC Barcelona or the Ecuadorian namesake?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Damunk wrote:
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.

If she was a better finisher, she would be the female version of Mbappe. She has the talent. She is still young tho and has time. Hopefully she hones them at Camp Nou.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.
She is not even close to being the best female player.
If you know about women's football, She will not even make the world 2nd XI, nor the world 3rd XI.
A lot of improvement is needed to catch up.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:Best female player in the world is not about scoring goals.
She has speed, that is good. When the speed is nullified she falls way short; this is where a best player would make her mark..
Let me laugh in Wazobia... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, if speed was her only asset, then go find another Mary Onyali and try to replicate her accomplishments. We are talking about U20 World Cup MVP (Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner), BBC World Female Footballer of the Year, 3-time African Female Footballer of the Year, CAF Player of the Year (Female Category), etc., and some dude plunks his behind in front of a PC and write her off as merely a speed merchant. Only among Nigerians and only on CE.

Meanwhile, Barca female club fans are already labeling her as one of their best signing ever!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Btw, this is SuperZee’s 5th goal in 5 games... :clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Gotti wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Best female player in the world is not about scoring goals.
Let me laugh in Wazobia... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, if speed was her only asset, then go find another Mary Onyali and try to replicate her accomplishments. We are talking about U20 World Cup MVP (Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner), BBC World Female Footballer of the Year, 3-time African Female Footballer of the Year, CAF Player of the Year (Female Category), etc., and some dude plunks his behind in front of a PC and write her off as merely a speed merchant. Only among Nigerians and only on CE.

Meanwhile, Barca female club fans are already labeling her as one of their best signing ever!
Enough of patriotism.

......................"Barca female club fans are already labeling her as one of their best signing ever"..........; first of all she was not signed, she is on loan; by contrast she was signed in England and you know how that went, not well. At Barcelona she is not even one of their best players. By the way this topic was about Barca/Atl. Madrid game; note that last year Ordega was loaned to this same Atl Madrid in question: does that mean anything now considering where she is now.

...................."3-time African Female Footballer of the Year, CAF Player of the Year (Female Category)"................
The above is nothing to write home about when you are talking about the world since African women's football is crap; therefore let us leave that and talk about the others below.

Now lets talk about the below:
.................."U20 World Cup MVP (Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner), BBC World Female Footballer of the Year"..........
Africans are caught up in using U20 as a barometer of judgement & that has been one of their downfall. Even the American players were laughing when BBC gave her the award.

First they just finished a tournament in Cyprus; this was not even the 2nd best tournament for women this year: they finished 7th; and she was not one of the best players in that tournament.

One can use patriotism to put Falcons players at the top but that does not help them at all in their development; keeping them real would enable development where lacking.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:......................"Barca female club fans are already labeling her as one of their best signing ever"..........; first of all she was not signed, she is on loan; by contrast she was signed in England and you know how that went, not well. At Barcelona she is not even one of their best players. By the way this topic was about Barca/Atl. Madrid game; note that last year Ordega was loaned to this same Atl Madrid in question: does that mean anything now considering where she is now.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, non-Nigerians apparently using "patriotism" to put Oshoala at the top... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I believe so too.
Maybe its a mind thing.
She is not even the best Nigerian player. She will be deadly though if she applies herself more to finishing. She is super wasteful but she will improve as time is on her side.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."