AFCON 2019 vs COPA 2019

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: AFCON 2019 vs COPA 2019

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Let me make sure I have this straight.

AFCON, COPA and Gold Cup are all overlapping this summer. Right?
What will the Europeans be playing?
This is not ideal, TBH. I am sure advertising revenues will be affected to the extent of actual game conflicts considering that these tournaments go out to a global audience. Well, well. Why are they taking place exactly the same calendar year and months, again? :atc: :atc:
same thoughts i had
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

This is not ideal, TBH. I am sure advertising revenues will be affected to the extent of actual game conflicts considering that these tournaments go out to a global audience. Well, well. Why are they taking place exactly the same calendar year and months, again? :atc: :atc:
same thoughts i had
Bigpokey24,

TBH, I hope CAF does not regret this move in terms of revenues. Unraveling the revenue results can be muddled this year, however, because we also have 24 teams for the tournament meaning that an increase in revenue (just based on that number) is expected.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:

I don't know, how much do or have Europeans and North American audiences cared about the AFCON? I think the same viewers will remain. Typically the tournament is held in the middle of the season where there are conflicts abound.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I don't know, how much do or have Europeans and North American audiences cared about the AFCON? I think the same viewers will remain. Typically the tournament is held in the middle of the season where there are conflicts abound.
Really but even Nigerians here, with a team in the tournament, are telling you otherwise. In any case, I am surely with the ubiquity of African players in Europe and the growing profile of the African game, there are several non-Africans interested in watching African games as they have demonstrated at the Olympics and the World Cup. Those ought to be clues that there is interest.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Really but even Nigerians here, with a team in the tournament, are telling you otherwise. In any case, I am surely with the ubiquity of African players in Europe and the growing profile of the African game, there are several non-Africans interested in watching African games as they have demonstrated at the Olympics and the World Cup. Those ought to be clues that there is interest.
Some of us here just like to be contrarian but like others have said, the time zones will eliminate a large section of the conflict. We had the European championships and Copa America running simultaneously and both were a successful and popular on this side of the Atlantic.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Chai Bigpokey Dey recycle my threads.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:14 June – 7 July
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
Why not both? Aren't they played in two different time zones? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people why do we do this to our selves?
How can anyone pick copa or anything wlae 9ver bel9ved Africa?
You can watch both if you like football since both are not on same timw zone.For me you wake up in the morning wnjoy Africa football,later in the evening watch few copa go to bed.
No one can predict the winner of AFCON but we can give the two suspect that might land copa.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
yes they are played in 2 different time zones, but one will suffer less coverage
SuperEagles

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
yes they are played in 2 different time zones, but one will suffer less coverage
I really doubt it. I really think the coverage will be determined by what teams progress to the later rounds. I mean if the likes of Nigeria, Cameroon and the other big guns in Africa make it far in the tournament, the coverage will be fine.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well espn+ will carry COPA.. I think bein will carry AFCON
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
Robby,

Are you assuming that everyone can spend the entire day watching football for a month or two? That would be shocking except we are talking of students on vacation. There are workers and business people that watch these games and cannot afford spending entire days on football. They would have to make choices, one should suppose. For instance, while I plan to watch the Seychelles game this Friday, I do not plan to watch the Egypt game (at least not all of it) when I will be focused on something else.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:Copa America for me over Afcon.
...if you are in the Americas AFCON is shown in the morning times, while COPA is at night.
You should know that even though you detest your own African football.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
Robby,

Are you assuming that everyone can spend the entire day watching football for a month or two? That would be shocking except we are talking of students on vacation. There are workers and business people that watch these games and cannot afford spending entire days on football. They would have to make choices, one should suppose. For instance, while I plan to watch the Seychelles game this Friday, I do not plan to watch the Egypt game (at least not all of it) when I will be focused on something else.
...yes, retired, self employed, stay at home, you pick and chose what team/match to watch.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
21 June – 19 July

hmmmm
Robby,

The Copa games will get more attention in the Americas and the AFCON will get more attention in Africa and Europe. Like I said earlier the Euros and Copa were running at the same time a couple of years ago and both competitions were very popular.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ESPN plus is offering one week trial then 4.99 dollars after that.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx