Nigeria vs Seychelles(3-1) 2nd half

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: My View + Ratings: Nigeria 3 Seychelles 1

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof, I am not in agreement with your analysis of Ajayi.
I though he brought some quickness and steel into the midfield, as both himself and Ndidi helped shut down the center channel for the Seychellians.
Poor players on the day were Shehu Abdullahi and Uzoho. Not at all sold on Jamilu Collins, either.
Rohr has been quite tactically bereft and strategically poor as a coach, ever since his poor WC outing. Today was no different. The whole team setup was not balanced and it showed as they struggled all through the 1st half. I mean, why on earth would anyone with a modicum of intelligence play a 4 man defensive line and a 3 man midfield against Seychelles??? That's just downright ridiculous!
There seems to be a steady decline in the SE performance and this game was evidence of that. Rohr has lost the plot and one would be hard pressed to argue that this team would improve any under his tutelage. It might be time to source for someone else who can actualize this team's potential.

On another note, your performance scoring is highly confusing. Just go with single digits - the range of your scoring scale (1-10) is large enough to accomodate mediocre, average and good performances. Using decimals is going too deep into the weeds and just muddies the waters.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
Then in Nigeria's defense, goalie Uzoho's performance was so poor that Rohr must now question why he has stuck with Uzoho for so long. Akpeyi and Ezenwa were benched for lesser miscues than was seen today in Asaba from Uzoho. The difference is, perhaps, that Uzoho has European club credentials. That must count for a lot. Yet, a Nigerian team full of players with European credentials had an especially difficult time against a bunch of amateurs from one of the weakest footballing nations in the continent. Perhaps, Rohr has to think about that.
Click on the link below for more:

https://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2019/03/ ... elles.html
The sole reason is because Uzoho is tall. That's it. The man is infatuated with height.

Onuachu
“Paul Onuachu, he will play for at least 45 minutes or even more. We are searching for a player with his profile, tall, he is more than two meters tall. We have Ighalo already and we are very satisfied with what he’s doing since the World Cup.
https://www.jivenaija.com/sports/footba ... ernot-rohr

Ozornwafor
“We also have (Ikechukwu) Ezenwa and Valentine (Ozornwafor), who is a tall left-footed defender. So it will be interesting to see the new players in at least one of the two games.

“So, it’s already a competition for our list for AFCON.”
https://www.completesports.com/rohr-afc ... er-eagles/

Uzoho
“Francis is good and tall, and he is ready to learn. He did well in the friendly games against Argentina and Poland with two clean sheets and conceded two goals against Serbia in his third game in which I experimented with some players and tactics.” He said.
https://theworldnews.net/ng-news/super- ... s-weakness

Semi Ajayi

"Then, Semi Ajayi, a tall defender who fits into the quality of defenders we are looking for."
https://www.completesports.com/intervie ... eychelles/

Ndidi and Ogu
” I love Ogu because he is very disciplined and also very tall like Ndidi which is good for teams with tall players like South Africa which we played last Saturday. We need a good balance between tall and short players in our team. If he finds a new club he will progress better than he is presently.”
https://sportinglife.ng/rohr-wants-ogu- ... li-league/
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The only person that showed up was Ndidi. Every one else were not in full gear. They also had to deal with the heat and bad pitch Can't really give any rating. It was a glorified friendly against a weak team that had 11 men behind the ball all game
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Seychelles

Post by maceo4 »

Oguleftie wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Shehu can't even make a simple pass.
Rohr may need to explained why Eze an un-substituted CB for then entire CHAN team (when Eze was local) is never in his team play.
He plays Shehu's position?
That is the point. Eze is not just the better player, Eze is much better.
But you said CB, Shehu na RB, what am I missing?
Eze covered for RB's when he played.
Eze brings things to the table: he is the best header of the ball; he is tall, taller than Ekong; he overlaps well.
They should try new players against Egypt and see...I don't really know much about Eze's game tbh.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Seychelles(3-1) 2nd half

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Horrible pitch, very humid weather, a team that came to park the bus. Good training match on how to open up a team, in very terrible match and weather conditions.
Onuachu though :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: even crowd laugh am :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Congratulations Super Eagles :clap:

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

I agree with the Rohr case. In fact, I fully agree and have a piece that I am doing on him that will be put up just before the AFCON.

On Ajayi? I disagree. This was, perhaps, his worst game for Nigeria yet. I do not believe he was brought in to offer steel. Not at all. This was a game fully and completely dominated by Nigeria. We had little or no problems in the middle warranting Ajayi offering any steel. In my view, Rohr put him in (along with Onuachu) to chase more goals via set pieces or the high cross. It did not work. However, I believe that was his charge. When you talk of steel in the middle, was he better than Etebo in that regard? I do not think so.

Now, I could agree that some of the foul calls on him (and there were multiple considering the few minutes that he was on) were soft. But the ref was calling so many soft fouls on both ends including the penalty which was hardly a clip on Ndidi's heel disregarding the major dive where Ndidi was holding a knee that was not even in contact with the defender. Ultimately, I do not think today represented what he has shown or will show in Nigeria's colors. It would not be a recording that he will keep or show to his kids. I guarantee that.
Otitokoro wrote:Prof, I am not in agreement with your analysis of Ajayi.
I though he brought some quickness and steel into the midfield, as both himself and Ndidi helped shut down the center channel for the Seychellians.
Poor players on the day were Shehu Abdullahi and Uzoho. Not at all sold on Jamilu Collins, either.
Rohr has been quite tactically bereft and strategically poor as a coach, ever since his poor WC outing. Today was no different. The whole team setup was not balanced and it showed as they struggled all through the 1st half. I mean, why on earth would anyone with a modicum of intelligence play a 4 man defensive line and a 3 man midfield against Seychelles??? That's just downright ridiculous!
There seems to be a steady decline in the SE performance and this game was evidence of that. Rohr has lost the plot and one would be hard pressed to argue that this team would improve any under his tutelage. It might be time to source for someone else who can actualize this team's potential.

On another note, your performance scoring is highly confusing. Just go with single digits - the range of your scoring scale (1-10) is large enough to accomodate mediocre, average and good performances. Using decimals is going too deep into the weeds and just muddies the waters.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Seychelles(1-1) HT

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:The team is playing like Rangers.
Cell,

Did you actually state the above? Oh well, you must have the heart to take on Oloye and Gotti. May God Bless you and you hope for the best. :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Please how did Uzoho concede a goal vs Seychelles? I missed it
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Horrible Pitch!! We are really self harming our chances.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:The only person that showed up was Ndidi. Every one else were not in full gear. They also had to deal with the heat and bad pitch Can't really give any rating. It was a glorified friendly against a weak team that had 11 men behind the ball all game

My player ratings

Ozoho 6/10

Shehu 2/10

Omerou 6/10

Ekong 7/10

Collins 7/10

Ndidi 7/10

Etebo 3/10

Iwobi 7/10

Musa 4/10

Ighalo 6/10

Onyekuru 7/10

Subs
Onuachu 4/10

Ajayi 6/10

Simon 6/10

Rohr -1/10 (this coach is complete trash)
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote:
The sole reason is because Uzoho is tall. That's it. The man is infatuated with height.
I broke the news that Uzoho was picked for the WC because of his height, not because he was better than other GKs.

This Rohr on Simy
We saw many teams at the World Cup with big and tall strikers,” the 65-year-old said.

“Simy can do that, hence I invited him (for the match against Seychelles).”
https://punchng.com/why-i-believe-in-simy-nwankwo-rohr/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

chief nfachairman wrote:Horrible pitch, very humid weather, a team that came to park the bus. Good training match on how to open up a team, in very terrible match and weather conditions.
...come summer, na wetin dem go do for heat, hot weather, patchy dry field etc. during ANC
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Rhor turning this team to crap before our eyes.
Turning?

Bobo no tell you he go world cup for sightseeing and now tell you he has average players that he is going to AFCON to relax...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
...come summer, na wetin dem go do for heat, hot weather, patchy dry field etc. during ANC
You dey axe wetin? Dem go use am give excuse.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Finally a man with a FOOTBALL BRAIN shows up :clap: :clap:

There is still hope :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:Maceo's boy Onuachu na correct Jambodi. :lol: :lol:
That is why I like friendlies.

It quiets the hype.

:lol: :lol:
Like Ndidi first game for SE :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank God some of you guys are not the coach.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

I did not watch the match but my player ratings are below!

Cmoke

Ozoho 9/10 He was perfect except dashing dem one goal

Shehu 9/10

Omerou 8/10

Ekong 1/10

Collins 2/10

Ndidi 9/10

Etebo 10/10

Iwobi 1/10

Musa 11/10

Ighalo 9/10

Onyekuru 1/10

Subs
Onuachu 10/10

Ajayi 10/10

Simon 0/10

Rohr -9/10 (this coach is complete trash)[/quote]
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
David vs Goliath

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

I hope y'all are not celebrating what happened against Seychelles island. Population 243,000 c'mon!!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Berty rohr Voghts
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: David vs Goliath

Post by mcal »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:I hope y'all are not celebrating what happened against Seychelles island. Population 243,000 c'mon!!
...11 v 11 or 243k v 200 million people :???: :???:

Too many dumbos full CE forum :sad: :sad:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: David vs Goliath

Post by Robbynice »

mcal wrote:
Jubril Ogolo wrote:I hope y'all are not celebrating what happened against Seychelles island. Population 243,000 c'mon!!
...11 v 11 or 243k v 200 million people :???: :???:

Too many dumbos full CE forum :sad: :sad:
Fact not feelings.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger