Osimhen is our undisputed #9

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Osimhen is our undisputed #9

Post by Tobi17 »

Ighalo for now is the main man, but another young, promising, and lethal striker is now ready to hold down that #9 jersey, and in effect from AFCON 2019... Victor Osimhen will be leading the charge. Kid is ready, has every ingredient to be a star already.

On a side note, the likes of Nwakali, Bonaventure, Awoniyi, Azubuike, Orji Okonkwo and the primary core of the U23 team should be integrated into the SE post AFCON 2019, the preparation for Qatar starts now.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen is our undisputed #9

Post by danfo driver »

I literally told myself that I will count how long it takes for someone to open this thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Tobi17 wrote:Ighalo for now is the main man, but another young, promising, and lethal striker is now ready to hold down that #9 jersey, and in effect from AFCON 2019... Victor Osimhen will be leading the charge. Kid is ready, has every ingredient to be a star already.

On a side note, the likes of Nwakali, Bonaventure, Awoniyi, Azubuike, Orji Okonkwo and the primary core of the U23 team should be integrated into the SE post AFCON 2019, the preparation for Qatar starts now.

Calm down for Jesus!
Peter Obi For President 2023
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:I literally told myself that I will count how long it takes for someone to open this thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Any football idealist already knows I stated facts, look at what Germany and the Netherlands are doing with their young players, Nigeria can't afford to let its talents go to waste.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:Ighalo for now is the main man, but another young, promising, and lethal striker is now ready to hold down that #9 jersey, and in effect from AFCON 2019... Victor Osimhen will be leading the charge. Kid is ready, has every ingredient to be a star already.

Azuibikwe should be in the team now. We are weak in midfield
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:

Azubuike and Chukwueze were supposedly in the squad before being seconded to the U23 team. That's why we had a 23 man squad for the two Super Eagles games rather than a 25 man squad as has been the custom under Rohr.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Azubuike and Chukwueze were supposedly in the squad before being seconded to the U23 team. That's why we had a 23 man squad for the two Super Eagles games rather than a 25 man squad as has been the custom under Rohr.
Makes sense now, Chukwueze and Osimhen have more or less sealed their spots as SE regulars, and should barring any injuries make the final AFCON list. Azubuike and maybe Nwakali definitely need to be integrated to shore up that midfield (what's up with Onazi? Injured or just another player been subtly phased out of the team)?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Indeed bro, Ogu as much as I like him is past his prime, barely gets playing time at his club and is surplus to requirement right now. Someone like Azubuike should be partnering Ndidi and Mike in that MF.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

I will start Osimhen ahead of ighalo but I know Rohr's middle name is daftness, thus osimhen may have to come in from the bench to claim the 9 spot.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I literally told myself that I will count how long it takes for someone to open this thread. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Any football idealist already knows I stated facts, look at what Germany and the Netherlands are doing with their young players, Nigeria can't afford to let its talents go to waste.

Bros.. we dey find you for rant n rave. Seems you floated a bet between Buhari and Atiku..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Makes sense now, Chukwueze and Osimhen have more or less sealed their spots as SE regulars, and should barring any injuries make the final AFCON list. Azubuike and maybe Nwakali definitely need to be integrated to shore up that midfield (what's up with Onazi? Injured or just another player been subtly phased out of the team)?

1. Onazi is injured (Achilles). Hard to see him being fit for the Nations Cup.

2. Hard to predict what the Nations Cup 23 will look like. Both Osimhen and Chukwueze will make the provisional squad.

3. Azubuike has a good chance to make the provisional squad as well.

4. Nwakali has an outside chance, but he's not flourishing at Porto B, which complicates things for him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

1. Onazi is injured (Achilles). Hard to see him being fit for the Nations Cup.

2. Hard to predict what the Nations Cup 23 will look like. Both Osimhen and Chukwueze will make the provisional squad.

3. Azubuike has a good chance to make the provisional squad as well.

4. Nwakali has an outside chance, but he's not flourishing at Porto B, which complicates things for him.
Azubuike has always been on the fringe and gets mentioned regularly.
But how well did he perform yesterday that has suddenly made everyone insist on him being in the SE mix?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

HD but pitch-level camera :roll:

[/video]

Was there no official filming of this game for God's sake?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bros Uncle, how long did it take you?

I for open thread during game but my data no reach... :taunt:

I just like his striker's instinct. Don't know if he has the strength to play as a lone striker like Ighalo is capable of doing. And I saw how he and Awoniyi complemented each other.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Integrated for what?? What clubs do they play for? There must be certain criteria for adding new players to SE
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:

I just like his striker's instinct. Don't know if he has the strength to play as a lone striker like Ighalo is capable of doing. And I saw how he and Awoniyi complemented each other.
Thats my lone concern about him, and not because of his strength, but rather, because of his style. Hopefully, he will work with a coach, at club level, who sees him as a "target man" and teach him how to play that role.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Thats my lone concern about him, and not because of his strength, but rather, because of his style. Hopefully, he will work with a coach, at club level, who sees him as a "target man" and teach him how to play that role.
I see him as a poacher rather than a 'complete' all-round striker.
I was surprised to see that his physique hasnt really changed much from his U17 days (unlike his peers like Awoniyi, Kingsley Michael and Chukwueze), but that isn't necessarily a problem.
Some guys like that are made of wire - thin but phenomenally strong.