Nigeria v Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria v Egypt

Post by vancity eagle »

Since many of the U23 players are in Asaba and since some of them did not feature much or at all in todays match, they should be drafted into SE proper for tomorrows friendly.

Musa has left the team leaving us down 1.

If Rohr has any sense, and I seriously doubt that he does, he should call up the following from the U23.

We have 6 subs tomorrow and Rohr needs to see what these players can do.

Kingley Michael - Would be a perfect opportunity to see this highly rated 2 way midfielder, something we badly need. He did not play in either match for the U23 and will be fresh

Dennis Bonaventure - Played only 20 minutes today. He should be an option on the bench for tomorrow.

David Okereke - highly rated player who only played 10 minutes today and scored. We need to see this guy tomorrow.

If it were me I will play the following tomorrow

****************************************EZENWA******************************************

OMERUO*************************TROOST**************BALOGUN**********************COLLINS

******************************NDIDI**************KINGSLEY********************************

**************************************IWOBI**********************************************

SIMON************************************************************************OKEREKE

***************************************ONYEKURU**************************************

SUBS

IGHALO
BONAVENTURE
ONAUACHU
ETEBO
AJAYI

I know Rohr doesn't have the sense for this. He is too damned lazy. We should try Onyekuru in his natural position to see his goal scoring threat and put Okereke on the wing. The guy is a dangerous wide forward who is getting the attention of many Serie A teams. Kingley needs to be put right into the mix, I dont see what a 30 year old Ogu can offer us.

Rohr stop being a damned lazy coach and earn your money for crying out loud.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria v Egypt

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ezenwa
Shehu, Balogun, Ajayi, Collins
Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi
Onyekuru, Onauachu, S Moses
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Rohr has already said in his press conference...

Akpeyi will start in goal, while Ezenwa plays in the 2H...
Also, due to Oghalo’s slight injury, Onuachu starts (with Oghalo) among the subs.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ezenwa
Shehu, Balogun, Ajayi, Collins
Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi
Onyekuru, Onauachu, S Moses
Looking likely that the SE will play a 3-5-2 either at the start or at some point...
With Balogun, Troost-Ekong and Omueruo in CD, with Collins and Simon (or Shehu) as WBs.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr is a very lazy coach.

He lacks the ability to think ahead.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Since many of the U23 players are in Asaba and since some of them did not feature much or at all in todays match, they should be drafted into SE proper for tomorrows friendly.

If Rohr has any sense, and I seriously doubt that he does, he should call up the following from the U23.

Kingley Michael - Would be a perfect opportunity to see this highly rated 2 way midfielder, something we badly need. He did not play in either match for the U23 and will be fresh

Dennis Bonaventure - Played only 20 minutes today. He should be an option on the bench for tomorrow.

David Okereke - highly rated player who only played 10 minutes today and scored. We need to see this guy tomorrow.

****************************************EZENWA******************************************

OMERUO*************************TROOST**************BALOGUN**********************COLLINS

******************************NDIDI**************KINGSLEY********************************

**************************************IWOBI**********************************************

SIMON************************************************************************OKEREKE

***************************************ONYEKURU**************************************

SUBS

IGHALO
BONAVENTURE
ONAUACHU
ETEBO
AJAYI

I know Rohr doesn't have the sense for this. He is too damned lazy. We should try Onyekuru in his natural position to see his goal scoring threat and put Okereke on the wing. The guy is a dangerous wide forward who is getting the attention of many Serie A teams. Kingley needs to be put right into the mix, I dont see what a 30 year old Ogu can offer us.

Not gonna happen as the players haven't trained with the squad.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Rohr is a very lazy coach.

He lacks the ability to think ahead.

Unfortunately he thinks like a coach and not a fan.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Just dreading that pitch....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

vancity eagle wrote:Since many of the U23 players are in Asaba and since some of them did not feature much or at all in todays match, they should be drafted into SE proper for tomorrows friendly.

SUBS

IGHALO
BONAVENTURE
ONAUACHU
ETEBO
AJAYI

Bad team setup; okereke is a pure striker. To me more potent than osime.

Ndidi & azubike should be tried in midfield while Kingsley’s/ nwakali in a more advanced role . Iwobi should abeg be played on the wing
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

So you want him to start players that were deemed not good enough to start an U-23 crunch match for the main SE team?

Do you ever see any of those players making the ANC? What are u trying to achieve? I can understand the likes of Osimhen and Chukwueze getting 2nd half run out....but to play u-23 bench players!!! That’s a logic that escapes me.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote:So you want him to start players that were deemed not good enough to start an U-23 crunch match for the main SE team?

Do you ever see any of those players making the ANC? What are u trying to achieve? I can understand the likes of Osimhen and Chukwueze getting 2nd half run out....but to play u-23 bench players!!! That’s a logic that escapes me.
KPOM. Nothing else to be added. However, to be fair to Osimhen and Chukwueze, I will not use them either in just 24 hours after a major game. If they get injured, how do you explain that to their clubs? Best move is not use those two (they will be called up for camp later) and then focus on the players who were called this time for SE games bar those who now played for the U23.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote:So you want him to start players that were deemed not good enough to start an U-23 crunch match for the main SE team?

The U23 team is better than this current bunch of junk players including a guy who cannot leave Denmark, and his only positive strength being his height.

Kingsley Michael is playing at a higher level than old man Ogu

Okereke is playing at a higher level than Onauchu

Bonaventure also is playing at a higher level than Onuachu.

It makes perfect sense, but Rohr is just lazy.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Also factor in level of opposition, u23. Anyway, let's hope Rohr has seen the u23 boys in close quarters and in high pressure game proper. What we need is a squad with a bench filled with potential game changers and not make weights. So some of the u23 boys should have earned themselves invites to pre-AFCON camp. The balance will be needed to prosecute June u23 Afcon qualifiers anyway.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote:

The U23 team is better than this current bunch of junk players including a guy who cannot leave Denmark, and his only positive strength being his height.

Kingsley Michael is playing at a higher level than old man Ogu

Okereke is playing at a higher level than Onauchu

Bonaventure also is playing at a higher level than Onuachu.

It makes perfect sense, but Rohr is just lazy.
Don't forget that the Egypt game marks the start of our preparations for AFCON 2019. This is not about finding players for 2022, but gelling the group of players that are already in the mix for the 2019 competition which is in 2+ months! Use your brain. Think before you write!
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Rohr has to be one of the luckiest of SE coaches in recent times. He has been able to monitor in close quarters up to 40 potential SE players within a week, same city, reasonably important games and same stadium. No need for scouting reports. Lucky because he has seen enough tools to have a crack squad for AFCON preparations. But this luck quickly becomes the dagger that will pierce deepest from his critics if he messes up at AFCON.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

By the way Okereke has been invited to the Super Eagles for Egypt.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/03/25/e ... ypt-clash/
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote:By the way Okereke has been invited to the Super Eagles for Egypt.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/03/25/e ... ypt-clash/

Well it looks like I was right in my thinking. I'm shocked Rohr has done the right thing. All u naysayers go jump in a lake.

But he really should be calling Kingsley Michael. John "old man" Ogu does not cut it anymore.